Wiki Posts
Search

Kelowna 1/8 Scale 24 Hour Sep. 24th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Holy crap a 27.3 thats nutz, and Robs team did a 27.5 so it cant be a mistake. Isnt that a second faster than the corcs 1/8th were?
Old 09-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

The 3 hour endurance race was truely a blast and a testament on how durable RC's have become.I too expected alot more retirements and was amazed that thru the entire race there was allways 5 trucks running out of 8.Any one that missed this one really missed out BIG TIME.Congrats to team KSH for a clean race and no problems. I and the rest of my team were very happy for a second place finish and ran most of the race trouble free untill about 2:30 into it we had a radio glitch send the V spec into a rod blowing frenzy at least we had a back up mill in and running about 10mins later never once giving up second. Only other issue was a blown plug.My son Colin was awsome at the wheel getting our team up 5 laps in the first 30min. My prepwork on the CRT payed off as it has yet to fail to finish a race. Also thanks again for all of you that made the effort to come from out of town.Thanks again to Rob and Martin for putting on the event and Mark for track prep. One final thought as too what a stand up guy Rob S is has he donated his gift cert to the Victoria team for coming so far
Old 09-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperDaveNT
Holy crap a 27.3 thats nutz, and Robs team did a 27.5 so it cant be a mistake. Isnt that a second faster than the corcs 1/8th were?
something must have changed on the track
Old 09-26-2006, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

me thinks we need to have one of these races every year

my team had a pretty decent run with aarons oldschool mbxr, busted both the servos early on, and we still clawed our way up to fifth
Old 09-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

The fastest lap at our trophy race was by Rich Infanti and was a 29.0. Sorry Rich, there was zero changes to the track. You should have been here buddy. Get your team ready for next year.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry, I checked the truggy times and Rich had a 28.9.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schneider
The fastest lap at our trophy race was by Rich Infanti and was a 29.0. Sorry Rich, there was zero changes to the track. You should have been here buddy. Get your team ready for next year.
I think I did 28.5 Somethings must be different, either smoother, more traction or something?? Pretty tuff to gain 1 full second a lap without something happening considering no one was even close to my laps times at that race I will make it next year for sure thou Rob, you know your track is my favourite to race at!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

any body have pictures?.....martin?
Old 09-27-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

workin on it... later today
Old 09-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
I think I did 28.5 Somethings must be different, either smoother, more traction or something?? Pretty tuff to gain 1 full second a lap without something happening considering no one was even close to my laps times at that race I will make it next year for sure thou Rob, you know your track is my favourite to race at!!!
Rich as a participant and observer i'm sure those 27 second laps were short courses as my son who has become very fast had a legite 28.9 under race cond so i'm with you as 1.5 seconds off his time I don't think so
My 2 cents worth
Old 09-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I do know for sure it was not a short course as I do not do that, it may have bben a computer glitch who knows. One thing I do know is every club race I attended this year I took the fast lap of the day. Also you can check the times myself and Doug Martin both did many laps in the 28's, heck my qualifier fast lap was 28.3 and that was after 3 laps of the day!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

NOPE.... NOT SHORT COURSES... just really FAST drivers. Rob, Dave and Doug showed how good they really are!!
The track was in really good shape, thanks to Mark W and all his hard work on Saturday. Plus... take that the weather was great... low/mid 20's. So horse power was plentyful.
I know that colin is getting to be a faster driver... but not the class of our top guys. his time is comming... soon i bet. Perhaps a season of ON-ROAD will help him become more consistant.... just ask anyone... its the best way to get reallllly good.

my .02
martin
Old 09-27-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

We race again on sunday lets see it you can get one in under 28 sec.The kid will be running his new truck with the C6bb so we will see if its possible as next year the track will be differant
Old 09-28-2006, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

I will be in Kamloops this weekend but feel free to post your fast lap on Monday.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Martin,

Since your extremely excited about the onroad racing and seem to know your stuff, what would be a good setup for someone who is just starting out in 1/12 scale? I dont know the first thing about it but i'm willing to do some research and see if it's something i'm willing to do or not..

And about who's laps are faster....................................

Who cares... it's all about reliability anyways. If a slum driver like myself can finish a season in third place overall, it wasn't because I was fast. I just didn't have alot of failure, until the final race that is..

I say next season should really be exciting with all these fast guys from Kelowna. Nevermind who's faster here let's just all be faster then everyone else.

Cough,Cough
Falkland,Kamloops,Alberta,Vancouver Area

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.