Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
How do you know you're R/C Obsessed? >

How do you know you're R/C Obsessed?

How do you know you're R/C Obsessed?

Old 06-26-2006, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cyrrus
31. Your more excited than the kids on x-mas morning. as you can't wait to see what kink of new rc stuff you got.

32. You plan your next vacation around rc racing.
I've done these two!!

"What do you mean Rod wasn't working at PM the day you went in there, and couldn't show you what i wanted for x-mass??!!"
Old 06-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LOLOL!
Old 06-29-2006, 12:47 AM
Tech Initiate

34. You go the the corner store to grab a pop. You reach into your pocket and pull out change mixed with last week's burnt out glow plug, body clips, set screws, a set of brushes and your temp gauge.

35. You can't figure out why no one thinks the body clips are an acceptable form of currency.

36. You are driving through a school zone at 30km/h trying to figure out the best line to shave a 1/10th of a second off while maintaining 30km/h.

37. You try to figure out how many servos you would need to make your 1:1 scale car drivable with your remote control.

38. You have enough battery packs and 540 can motors for the above 1:1 scale car project.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

#34 is something that's happened to me! LOL!
Old 07-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

39 You left the back off of the washing machine to cut down on the repair time of removing the body clips from the water pump.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

There is no place in your house or car that hasn't been touched by R/C:

#40 -There's a tire brush at the kitchen sink (but no way to clean the lasagne pan from last nite...)
#41 -More body clips in the loose change container/cup holder than actual change
#42 -R/C magazines in every room
#43 -random tires/parts under the couch/car seat, in the trunk
#44 -calander has race days highlighted but not the wife/GF's b-day
#45 -you have more than 100 R/C sites bookmarked in your browser
Old 07-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

LOL... #43 is funny! I opened up my work truck door the other day... and out fell a 3mm stainless steel hex head screw and a body clip (not items I use for work.)... They must have rattled out from their hiding places in my truck during my travels and found their way to the door.

As for the R/C mags (#42)... well, my wife has been collecting them from around the house (she's been complaining that they're everywhere!) and has been organizing them in our bedroom closet on the top shelf... there's so many that the shelf is bowing and looks like it's going to break! LOL.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

#46 - You spend a fortune 4 years ago on vintage rc cars, and you still 'haven't found the time' to restore them, yet you find another vintage rc car and you buy that also... now you have about 5 years worth of 'projects' sitting on shelves... and you still keep your eye out for more!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

#47 your financial planner has a seperate category set aside for r/c purchases. damn wish these r/c companies would go public
Old 07-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by kerry
damn wish these r/c companies would go public
I thought Trinity, Thunder Tiger (AE) and Yokomo were traded companies...

...or at least their parent companies are/were...
Old 07-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kerry
#47 your financial planner has a seperate category set aside for r/c purchases. damn wish these r/c companies would go public
#48 your very greatful to know someone like Kerry. when my better half asks questions on how much ive spent this much on RC equipment, i just tell her, "yeah but you should see how much Kerry bought this month!!!" and suddenly my haul doesnt look so bad hahaha.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Obsession

#49 You drive 6.5 hours one way just to see if a new setup you want to try really works............................hey wait a minute.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

50. Even though you had a perfectly good running Acura, you sell it to buy an SUV because you couldn't fit all your rc gear plus your gazebo. tables, chairs and air compressor in the car.

51. Your cel phone just got disconnected but you are placing an online order for hop ups for an rc motorcycle you don't even race, just because you need stickier tires to be able to do wheelies. Since I am ordering tires, I need that integy piggyback shock too and and and

52. You quit a job because you had to miss a CORCS race and they wouldn't let you get time off for the local one even, let alone the nats final.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

I tried #48 with my wife. She said, "nice try smarty pants".

Doh!
Old 08-03-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

LOL gregg,

Im wayyy luckier, that same comeback has worked a few times. Ive got another quote

"I sold one car and bought three more, honest didnt cost me a cent!"

Well it was close to the truth. had two top line Tamiya chassis, one sat on the shelf, sold it one day and came home the next day with a 1/8th buggy rolling chassis and a Sand scorcher. OK.... there was three, when buying the buggy, the seller had an awesome display of rc cars, i got caught up in the moment and bought another 1/5th scale bike.... heres my new one... -

#53 - you make a pact with yourself, minimal to no money to be used on rc cars for the next 6 months..... yeah like that will work

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.