Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Looking to Open RC track on the Westside of L.A. >

Looking to Open RC track on the Westside of L.A.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking to Open RC track on the Westside of L.A.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

anything in Culver City would be awesome. I'm an off road guy personally.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like to see a new type of track maybe a rally mix. Onroad is cool, and it matches the westside car culture but onroad turnout is always lower than off road. Do a rally track, make it beautiful and they will come LOL.

Culver city is great locale, convenient from the South Bay.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HRA West
I like to see a new type of track maybe a rally mix. Onroad is cool, and it matches the westside car culture but onroad turnout is always lower than off road. Do a rally track, make it beautiful and they will come LOL.

Culver city is great locale, convenient from the South Bay.
That would be Awesome !
Not sure it would pull more than On-Road, but wishing it happens anyway
...and close to AHM
Old 08-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Personally, an indoor offroad would be awesome! If it were an offroad and onroad facility, all the better. If it were onroad only, I personally would come out but I dont see any long term viability. Beginners tend to be enticed by offroad racing (keeping a good flow of new people to the hobby is important). It's also easier on cars as there are many entry level offroad cars that are pretty bullet proof and can take the abuse of a new to the hobby driver. Onroad is a lot of fun but having raced both in the past, i personally find offroad more fun and I think it has a larger mass appeal. Both would be optimal however. That being said, there are much fewer onroad options than there are offroad tracks so having a larger piece of a smaller pie is a gamble, but one that might pay off. Either way, I'd be supportive and probably be out there 3-4 times a week if it's indoors and in the culver city area. Best of Luck!
Old 08-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Large euro-style outdoor on road track please, like the one pictured. loooong sweeping turns and ample straightaways along with some technical sections. Configurable layouts would be good too, and you would get massively increased business if there was drifting action as well.

PERFECT facility. Drifters+Touring racers+nitro racers+off road junkies = SATISFACTION

Old 08-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

My first choice would be the big open outdoor track European style but also wouldn't mind seeing an indoor BIG carpet track.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Rookie

I would love to see a semi local indoor clay off road track.I live in burbank and honestly all the tracks out there are a hell of a drive for me. If there was a track on the westside/somewhere in the valley I would go atleast 3 or 4 times a week. Also a rally cross track would be epic. I have been looking for a place to actually enjoy hpi wr8 forever lol.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

As much as I would like to see a track on the Westside, I tend to wonder about:

a) Traffic (Westside traffic can be brutal)
b) Cost of rent (can't be cheap)
c) If outdoor, will the neighbors be an issue? (Lots of NIMBY-ism)

Good luck to the OP!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Initiate

I've scoured maps of culver city and vacant lots and I'm not coming up with any available area for an outdoor track.

Anyone know of anything?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I couldn't figure out how to link a Google map so here's a yelp link of a towing company. Click the map.
A little south of quicksilver there's recreation areas. Roadrunners rc club got their parks & recreation department to allow them to put a onroad & offroad track in their facility.
Maybe Culver could see the benefit to their community and the local kids?

Just a thought.

http://m.yelp.com/biz/quicksilver-towing-los-angeles
Old 08-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

It's crazy how the westside doesnt have any RC car accomodations of any kind. There used to be two pretty good Hobby shops on Pico near overland in the 80's-90's. then Hobby people moved in just down the block between the two and resulted in both hobby shops closing. Hen they hemselves didnt have enough business to justify their rent of such a huge piece of real estate and closed leavin us with nothing. I really hope this track opens up! And hopefully it's an indoor offroad. Which would probably be the easiest and most feasible considerig noise and space limitations.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Personally, an indoor offroad would be awesome! If it were an offroad and onroad facility, all the better. If it were onroad only, I personally would come out but I dont see any long term viability. Beginners tend to be enticed by offroad racing (keeping a good flow of new people to the hobby is important). It's also easier on cars as there are many entry level offroad cars that are pretty bullet proof and can take the abuse of a new to the hobby driver. Onroad is a lot of fun but having raced both in the past, i personally find offroad more fun and I think it has a larger mass appeal. Both would be optimal however. That being said, there are much fewer onroad options than there are offroad tracks so having a larger piece of a smaller pie is a gamble, but one that might pay off. Either way, I'd be supportive and probably be out there 3-4 times a week if it's indoors and in the culver city area. Best of Luck!
Yes i agree indoor offroad will bring in more new racers but if you squeeze a onroad on the side might be a good option.The more eye candy the better !!And close to the Sanfernando Valley would be a great choice as someone posted all tracks are an hour away so we need one here in the SFV area for sure and there are many local hobby shops in the area too :}

Last edited by JOETOCOOL; 08-21-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Imo
If you choose one format
Give it your all
You may have a chance for success

There are no SoCal tracks killing it by attempting to cater to more than one discipline
Old 08-26-2013, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I have never been lucky enough to have a track closer than 45 minutes away. Anything located on a westside would surely have my attention with regularity. Good luck!
Old 08-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Westcoast Raceway just closed today so there will be some displaced races looking for a new home.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.