Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Vintage Formula One

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Vintage Formula One

Finally…. a 1960's style 10th scale Formula One body that looks good, designed well and performs great…

We can all thank Manny for all the hard work and long hours he put into this body… After a pathetic attempt in making my own vintage body, Manny is my hero…

Racing naturally pushes the envelope of performance…
More grip, more down-force, more durability , ect… What if we turned back the clock and raced cars that required finesse to power around a track, a car that had more power then grip and demanded the driver to ride that razors edge… A car that had vulnerability and consequences for going over the line… VF1 is not a class for most drivers… This is an enthusiast class, meant for a driver that wants to push himself and master car control, focusing on clean passing and the sheer joy of the battle…

Could have made the rules easier for this class, but why not give reverence to an era in formula one history that demanded so much from the driver… This can not be a rehashed version of UF1 which I love so much… I know the break-away front arms will put off a lot of people , but those few who get it, will love it…

www.vf1club.com
Old 03-10-2013, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lightfoot
Finally…. a 1960's style 10th scale Formula One body that looks good, designed well and performs great…

We can all thank Manny for all the hard work and long hours he put into this body… After a pathetic attempt in making my own vintage body, Manny is my hero…

Racing naturally pushes the envelope of performance…
More grip, more down-force, more durability , ect… What if we turned back the clock and raced cars that required finesse to power around a track, a car that had more power then grip and demanded the driver to ride that razors edge… A car that had vulnerability and consequences for going over the line… VF1 is not a class for most drivers… This is an enthusiast class, meant for a driver that wants to push himself and master car control, focusing on clean passing and the sheer joy of the battle…

Could have made the rules easier for this class, but why not give reverence to an era in formula one history that demanded so much from the driver… This can not be a rehashed version of UF1 which I love so much… I know the break-away front arms will put off a lot of people , but those few who get it, will love it…

www.vf1club.com
+1
Old 03-10-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Fantastic!
Old 03-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

how can we buy just the body? i have a TOP car that would be perfect as a shelf queen with that body

wait i see it now. way down at the bottom of the vf1 page

Last edited by wheelz; 03-10-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Got mine ordered! Mine will be the Dan Gurney American Eagle!!! Blue will be hard to see on the blacktop but that car and Dan Gurney has been my all time favorite F1 car. Can't wait to give this a try!!

http://www.racecraftcollectibles.com...5340_s1_sl.jpg
Old 03-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

consequences for crashing shouldn't be limited to the poor car. the driver must also suffer...

something like this should be implemented... (skip the first minute of the video)
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

This looks sick. I'm in!!! More F1 to fill my day.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Drove the car at Camarillo today... looks so nice going around the track... same set up as my current F1 body but somehow looks like the body is leaning over more ...

If we can get 10 of these at the Speed-tech race at Tamiya in May... nice...
Old 03-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

I live north of the border so I wouldn't be racing but I just sent an e-mail to Manny to see if he will sell me a body. I love the cars from this era.

Sean
Old 03-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer
I live north of the border so I wouldn't be racing but I just sent an e-mail to Manny to see if he will sell me a body. I love the cars from this era.

Sean
Dude... he's selling the body to whoever wants one... not just this little class in SoCal... it's pretty damn cool... your going to love it...
Old 03-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Where do we get the brake away arms?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xsracer
Where do we get the brake away arms?
FAQ page ( http://vf1club.com/rules.html )

I've made 10 sets... first 5 people ( besides me ) who register for the Speedtech Club race at Tamiya will get it free... after that I will sell it at cost for $7
Old 03-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

FAQ page ( http://vf1club.com/rules.html )

I've made 10 sets... first 5 people ( besides me ) who register for the Speedtech Club race at Tamiya will get it free... after that I will sell it at cost for $7
Well alrightie then,I'm in. I have an Extra exotek 104 chassis lying around any info if the body will fit this 104 version? Thanks for your time.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xsracer
Well alrightie then,I'm in. I have an Extra exotek 104 chassis lying around any info if the body will fit this 104 version? Thanks for your time.
I just asked Manny:

"I think for all the "link" chassis you'll have to cut out part of the lower body to clear the links. So it should fit but the links will be exposed."
Old 03-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just asked Manny:

"I think for all the "link" chassis you'll have to cut out part of the lower body to clear the links. So it should fit but the links will be exposed."
How about an old school early F104, the one w/ the stick type longitudinal battery position and electronics on the side? just curious although we wont be able to since we are too spread out thin,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.