Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree22Likes

Vintage Formula One

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Spa....my favorite track!!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default SPA

Originally Posted by NutDriver
View from T1 at Spa, looking down to Au Rouge.
Likely from the movie "Grand Prix"....
Old 04-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Likely from the movie "Grand Prix"....
Indeed!!

Hey Ned, any more updates on your VF1 car? Were you able to bend those TECH front arms like you wanted to?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I saw it asked but must have missed the reply-

Will the VF1 body fit the 3 Racing FGX chassis? Not that it would be legal to race the class you have going, just looking at options to build up a car with this body.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Tech Arms

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Indeed!!

Hey Ned, any more updates on your VF1 car? Were you able to bend those TECH front arms like you wanted to?
The last pics I posted had them up about 6mm over stock, lowered in the middle and raised at the ends. I think the effect is less than hoped for since the rocker arms are much longer than scale. The full size ones start to rise where they exit the body work, while the RC car the low point is in the middle.

I still think it is the most realistic solution for a combo shelf/runner but I would go with F109/GT arms for the best hope of handling. Speaking of using the VTA tires and not the modern F1 stuff.

I've been working with the injectors and driver's head some and trying to get it ready to run. I don't like the friction damper disk set-up so I'm adding a damper tube and I need to make some brackets.

(I intend to "race" 1/8 gas on-road in the summer, in Ohio and the Midwest Series in the Pan car class. Because of that and the lack of F1 racing around here I probably won't be working on them as much....)
Old 05-01-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aarcobra
The last pics I posted had them up about 6mm over stock, lowered in the middle and raised at the ends. I think the effect is less than hoped for since the rocker arms are much longer than scale. The full size ones start to rise where they exit the body work, while the RC car the low point is in the middle.

I still think it is the most realistic solution for a combo shelf/runner but I would go with F109/GT arms for the best hope of handling. Speaking of using the VTA tires and not the modern F1 stuff.

I've been working with the injectors and driver's head some and trying to get it ready to run. I don't like the friction damper disk set-up so I'm adding a damper tube and I need to make some brackets.

(I intend to "race" 1/8 gas on-road in the summer, in Ohio and the Midwest Series in the Pan car class. Because of that and the lack of F1 racing around here I probably won't be working on them as much....)

Post pictures if/when you get a chance Ned....thanks
Old 05-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

T-10 days
Attached Thumbnails Vintage Formula One-10.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

For those interested, Marty Peterson is working on making 14mm to 12mm hex adapters so that you can run the HPI VTA tires on Tamiya cars. Since I have an FGX, I might build up Ned's set up and also buy one of Marty's (if/when it comes to fruition). It would be cool if there was a different nose and/or engine cover so that cars such as the Ferrari Shark Nose 156 and the Gurney Eagle (Weslake?) could be more accurately duplicated.
Manny, I'm not pushing you. Just tossing out an idea. :-)

Scott
Old 05-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NutDriver
For those interested, Marty Peterson is working on making 14mm to 12mm hex adapters so that you can run the HPI VTA tires on Tamiya cars.
I think that's brilliant... The cars look way more realistic with the vintage tires... it was always an issue of cost /convenience ect... I've driven the car with vintage rubber and it works quit well...

I'm not going to change the tire rule for VF1 this year but if Marty has these adapters readily available for next year I'm down for that
Old 05-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Here's a perfect example of what not to do in VF1 ... The RedBull car ( me ) was too impatient and tried to make an overly ambitious pass... In VF1 the RedBulls front right arm will pop off and the Caterham will drive away unscathed...
Attached Thumbnails Vintage Formula One-uf1-2013-summer-gallery-50-p4.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Will we be running the vf1 cars this week end at Tamiya as part of the program with the uf1 ?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xsracer
Will we be running the vf1 cars this week end at Tamiya as part of the program with the uf1 ?
nope... But I'm definitely bring mine to practice a little after the race
Old 05-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lightfoot
nope... But I'm definitely bring mine to practice a little after the race
Copy that , thanks.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 7echo
I saw it asked but must have missed the reply-

Will the VF1 body fit the 3 Racing FGX chassis? Not that it would be legal to race the class you have going, just looking at options to build up a car with this body.
I haven't had a chance to try it on an FGX but It probably won't fit without major modifications to the body and chassis. It's really only made to fit the F104 V1 chassis although WTCC did a really nice job fitting it to a V2.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

T-9

Can anyone guess which Grand Prix this was ?
Bonus points for what year
Attached Thumbnails Vintage Formula One-9.jpg  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.