2013 JBRL Southern California Electric Offroad Series >

2013 JBRL Southern California Electric Offroad Series

2013 JBRL Southern California Electric Offroad Series

Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 PM
JS
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by What up?
Keep in mind these are all base tires recomendations since there are different companies and tire compounds that you might like best and might work best for the track. In addition the Clay tires and foam needs to be broken in for the best grip.

AKA also makes some good tires and inserts as well.

Inserts.... every application is different on this one.

As a base and starting point I would use these inserts.
Clay indoor tracks - Proline, AKA or JC Closed cell foam on the Clay tracks Front and rear, but most of the time just in the rear.
Blue Groove tracks - Proline 2 stage open cell foam in the rear only
Outdoor loose - Open cell foam all around some times Closed cell in the rear.

If you want more detailed tire info ask a pro at each track to see what they suggest and you should be dialed.

Thanks - I will be running 2wd SC.
I like the AKA inserts on Rattlers so far. I use it currently for indoor clay tracks.
I plan on using this set for the indoor clay tracks.
Just need to figure out what to use for the Outdoor Blue Groove tracks like CCR, HRH, etc.
First thoughts are to use Rattlers soft with orange inserts per Casper's recommendation.
The JC barcodes Orange are out of stock everywhere. Atleast at the usual online stores I purchase from.
Maybe the PL Suburbs MX...

thanks again
Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JS
I like the AKA inserts on Rattlers so far. I use it currently for indoor clay tracks.
Just need to figure out what to use for the Outdoor Blue Groove tracks like CCR, HRH, etc.
First thoughts are to use Rattlers soft with orange inserts per Casper's recommendation.
The JC barcodes Orange are out of stock everywhere. Atleast at the usual online stores I purchase from.

thanks again
AKA wishbones, PL Ions and JC Pressure points have been popular blue groove and indoor treads as well. AKA just released the Handle bar as well.

Lots of choices out there. The lists get pretty long which is why I just listed the panther tires I will be running and you can find a similar tread and compound from your company of choice. By the time we get to some of these tracks there may be even more tires to choose from as new treads and compounds are being released all the time!

Also Pro-line is the official tire of the JBRL again this year!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JS

thanks again
The Red AKA foam needs to be run multiple times to soften it up but they are some of the best CC foam to get. Like Casper said below there will be more options as the series goes along.

Suburbs are good as well, I would suggest Staying with what you know as much as possible and ask a tire rep if you have any questions.

you will learn alot about tires in this series.

Originally Posted by Casper
AKA wishbones, PL Ions and JC Pressure points have been popular blue groove and indoor treads as well. AKA just released the Handle bar as well.

Lots of choices out there. The lists get pretty long which is why I just listed the panther tires I will be running and you can find a similar tread and compound from your company of choice. By the time we get to some of these tracks there may be even more tires to choose from as new treads and compounds are being released all the time!

Also Pro-line is the official tire of the JBRL again this year!
+1 yo!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:57 PM
JS
Tech Master

Very cool - thanks again Casper and Josh for the wealth of information regarding all the tire choices.

So true regarding breaking in the Red AKA.
First time trying them with panther slicks - loose everywhere.
After a few runs, the grip started to come alive.
Then I started to use the white Sticky Kicks with the Slicks.
Insane traction. Started traction rolling in the sweeper lol.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JS
Very cool - thanks again Casper and Josh for the wealth of information regarding all the tire choices.

So true regarding breaking in the Red AKA.
First time trying them with panther slicks - loose everywhere.
After a few runs, the grip started to come alive.
Then I started to use the white Sticky Kicks with the Slicks.
Insane traction. Started traction rolling in the sweeper lol.
Where you running slicks?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:13 PM
JS
Tech Master

Where you running slicks?
Yup - Panther Slicks Clay.
Running an SCR-SP in 17.5 Blinky.
White Sticky Kicks sauce when the track was water prepped and up to about 4 races in.
Anything after that I throw in Rattler Clays in the rear and sauced as well. Kept the slicks in the front.
Insance traction all night.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JS
Yup - Panther Slicks Clay.
Running an SCR-SP in 17.5 Blinky.
White Sticky Kicks sauce when the track was water prepped and up to about 4 races in.
Anything after that I throw in Rattler Clays in the rear and sauced as well. Kept the slicks in the front.
Insance traction all night.
Interesting. I have not been to that track yet. I am always at Hot Rod when I am in that area for a big event there. There are a few tracks I need to visit this new year. I want to hit Redlands, IERC and Coyote for sure this year. Just not sure when I will fit them in.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Interesting. I have not been to that track yet. I am always at Hot Rod when I am in that area for a big event there. There are a few tracks I need to visit this new year. I want to hit Redlands, IERC and Coyote for sure this year. Just not sure when I will fit them in.

Redlands clay is STICKY!!!!! Most compare it to WCRC some say its better. Fun place very clean and a good time.

IERC is a large facility and the layout's let you go wide open and they have some huge jumps. Fun place and they have a serious stock buggy class!

Never been to Coyote.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Carranza76
Redlands clay is STICKY!!!!! Most compare it to WCRC some say its better. Fun place very clean and a good time.

IERC is a large facility and the layout's let you go wide open and they have some huge jumps. Fun place and they have a serious stock buggy class!

Never been to Coyote.
I have heard good things about all these tracks and just need to find the time to go travel a little. I would like to check out Airland as well someday.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have heard good things about all these tracks and just need to find the time to go travel a little. I would like to check out Airland as well someday.
Doesn't it just suck living here in SoCal having to argue with yourself about which track you should go to?

So to hijack the thread JBRL RULES!!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Carranza76
Doesn't it just suck living here in SoCal having to argue with yourself about which track you should go to?

So to hijack the thread JBRL RULES!!!!
Yeah it sucks to ONLY have 10 or more GREAT tracks to choose from within 100 miles. It is a rough life!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

What are everyone's thoughts on adding some expert or super stock classes for 2013?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimmy Babcock
What are everyone's thoughts on adding some expert or super stock classes for 2013?
Yes please!!!
17.5 non-timing pro stock class
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jimmy Babcock
I think pick maybe 2, like buggy and SC. Make them something that isnt timing based, so a straight 17.5 or a straight 13.5. If you are calling them expert stock, rather than sportsman modified, I say do 17.5 blinky. Back in the day, that was always so fun. Watching the really fast stock guys all run together nice and clean!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:32 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I think pick maybe 2, like buggy and SC. Make them something that isnt timing based, so a straight 17.5 or a straight 13.5. If you are calling them expert stock, rather than sportsman modified, I say do 17.5 blinky. Back in the day, that was always so fun. Watching the really fast stock guys all run together nice and clean!
Blinky 13.5 would be interesting.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.