Tamiya America Race Track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Tamiya America Race Track

Hi All,

I would like to bring my TA05V2 for a spin next Saturday, I met a guy named Tom at OCRC who told me that this track was still open and that there was a sponsored race yesterday at this track from Speedtech.

Will the track be open next Saturday for some open practice? And is the location still the same? www.tamiyausa.com' s information hasn't been updated since 2008, so just want to make sure...
Old 11-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Hi All,

I would like to bring my TA05V2 for a spin next Saturday, I met a guy named Tom at OCRC who told me that this track was still open and that there was a sponsored race yesterday at this track from Speedtech.

Will the track be open next Saturday for some open practice? And is the location still the same? www.tamiyausa.com' s information hasn't been updated since 2008, so just want to make sure...
Yup, there was a race yesterday, and most likely the track will be open for practice as well. The address:

2 Orion,
Aliso Viejo

There will be power there, but you'll need to bring your own table and chairs. A $10 donation to the track crew there would be much appreciated to keep the power going and the track prepped on Saturdays
Old 11-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking tamiya america r&d track

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Yup, there was a race yesterday, and most likely the track will be open for practice as well. The address:

2 Orion,
Aliso Viejo

There will be power there, but you'll need to bring your own table and chairs. A $10 donation to the track crew there would be much appreciated to keep the power going and the track prepped on Saturdays
track is open free to tamiya cars on saturday bring table &chair no donation needed no one will ask you for donation its up to you however 5 dollars a month for gas for generator donation is greatly appreciated come on out and make some new friends and have some fun
Old 11-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nice, thanks guys, I'll have to pick up a folding table. Hope to see you guys there!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
Hi All,

Jeff from speedtechrc.com is a huge supporter of this track and there is a open thread in here already drop in and introduce yourself,jeff along with many others would be happy to help you with any questions you may have..
Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

do i know jeff lol
Old 11-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

So can only tamiya cars practice on this track whenever there is not a speedtech race coming up? Or is it that if you have a tamiya car its free and if you drive a different car you have to pay for practice?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:02 PM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Here is the info:
http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/track.php
Old 11-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OnRDPassion
So can only tamiya cars practice on this track whenever there is not a speedtech race coming up? Or is it that if you have a tamiya car its free and if you drive a different car you have to pay for practice?
Hey Mark! Just pick up a tamiya car for goodness sake!!! Only tamiya cars are allowed on the track, unless its a speedtech practice or race, then non tamiya cars can run at a fee.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC Passion
Hey Mark! Just pick up a tamiya car for goodness sake!!! Only tamiya cars are allowed on the track, unless its a speedtech practice or race, then non tamiya cars can run at a fee.
Ha I think you have me mistaken for someone. I'm Jay Williams but I know I have run with you before. I got out of on-road for a little and went 1/8th scale nitro for awhile and want to get back into on-road now its literally a coin toss between tamiya and X-ray. I am leaning towards tamiya at the moment. We will see what happens.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OnRDPassion
Ha I think you have me mistaken for someone. I'm Jay Williams but I know I have run with you before. I got out of on-road for a little and went 1/8th scale nitro for awhile and want to get back into on-road now its literally a coin toss between tamiya and X-ray. I am leaning towards tamiya at the moment. We will see what happens.
Oh! Hey Jay! I knew who u were but i just got your name mixed up, give me a break it's been a little while! X-rays are great cars but the part support for Tamiyas alone win me over all the time! And of course the free access to the Tamiya track on saturdays is a big bonus! See u around! Jerry
Old 02-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I have a question. How often are folks at the Tamiya track. I really like some of the spec TCS classes, but no-one races them locally (except for Mini, which I will do). Are there any ad-hoc races or anything that occur on Saturdays? I am just curious, since I would like to do a TCS race sometime.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GeekSpeed
Sorry to bring back an old thread,... I am just curious, since I would like to do a TCS race sometime.
How often are folks at the Tamiya track.
Most every Saturday, unless it is a holiday...
Are there any ad-hoc races or anything that occur on Saturdays?
No scored or timed races occur, but sometime they have a loop active to time laps.
TCS is a great event.... see you in May?
Old 02-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

I would love to do the TCS race. I'll have to start working on my car (Mini for now) and see how it goes.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Anyone going to the tamiya track tomorrow march 23rd that has a set of new unglued b3 touring car tires I could buy off them? If you do please pm me or text me at 9494441109

Thanks!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.