Search

8th Annual Sidewinder Nitro Explosion @ ARC Raceway Oct. 22-23, 2011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nick64merc
Do we need to signup in advance or can we sign up the day of the event?
Look up about 4 posts
Old 10-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Jimmy any confirmation from you that there will be a track change for this race at ARC. Thanks
Old 10-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

JD - I have not counted the pre entries as of this time.

Nick - You can sign up anytime you like up until 1 hour prior to race time!

ON A MISSION - I'm told it will be a new layout as is the case with most big races!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey all: Nice to hear Gary Guest name again and best of luck to him with this event and his new rc track. Also he was racing for jammin products ,but now they're gone so who if anyone is he racing for now? Thanks
Old 10-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

ATTENTION RACERS: Sidewinder Nitro Explosion UPDATE!!!

Due to unforseen circumstances imposed on ARC Raceway by the Vail Lake Resorts "Haunted Hayride" management team, there has been a change in the schedule for the Sidewinder Nitro Explosion this weekend.

1. Friday: practice must end at 5:00pm and no vehicles are allowed to come or go, to or from the track, from 7:00pm to 11:00pm.
... ...
2. Friday: all RV or Motorhomes must be trackside no later than 6:30pm. Otherwise you will be held near the guardshack entrance until the Haunted Hayride concludes at 11:00pm, then allowed access to ARC Raceway.

3. Saturday will have an adjusted schedule also, most likely running the 3rd round of Buggy qualifying on Sunday morning. More details to come.

4.. All vehicles entering the Vail Lake Resort will have a $5.00 parking fee each day of entrance.

We apologize for the inconvenience as ARC Raceway must comply to the regulations imposed upon us by Vail Lake Resort.

Please contact Gary Guest with any questions or concerns @ 619-993-5829
Old 10-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Any idea as towards the cost of bringing an RV / Toy Hauler? Are we going to be able to camp out track side or do we have to reserve a spot elsewhere in the park?
Old 10-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghost68
Any idea as towards the cost of bringing an RV / Toy Hauler? Are we going to be able to camp out track side or do we have to reserve a spot elsewhere in the park?
You can camp right next to the track. You pay ARC not Vail Lake campground. Just tell them at the gate you are going to the RC track and they will let you in. I believe it is $25 a day. Contact Gary at the track for more details.

Also, please read Jimmy's post on the last min changes due to a special event going on at Vail Lake.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

What are the hours for practice Friday now? I know it ends at 5 but what time can we get in to set up and when can we start practice? I apologize if this info is somewhere but I didnt see it on the track website.

Anyone have pics of the new layout? Can't wait to burn some fuel Friday.

Last edited by Brian C; 10-19-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 10-22-2011, 04:55 AM
Tech Rookie

To whom it may concern. As a person who is suffering with "tunitus" (Ringing of the ears) it is with great concern that I watch the races with the entrants having no protection for their ears. I know they are young and have the "it will never happen to me attitude" However I think someone should put out a bullitin to let them know the effect that the noise can have on their future. I have attended several of these races and can attest to the noise level. The noise is very loud, especially the indoor events. I would think the promoters would take an interest in the safety of the racers.

t
Old 10-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Adams Dad
To whom it may concern. As a person who is suffering with "tunitus" (Ringing of the ears) it is with great concern that I watch the races with the entrants having no protection for their ears. I know they are young and have the "it will never happen to me attitude" However I think someone should put out a bullitin to let them know the effect that the noise can have on their future. I have attended several of these races and can attest to the noise level. The noise is very loud, especially the indoor events. I would think the promoters would take an interest in the safety of the racers.

Thanks Dad
Old 10-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

What did he say... I couldn't hear