Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Delta RC, Antioch Ca. Big Thumbs Down!! >

Delta RC, Antioch Ca. Big Thumbs Down!!

Delta RC, Antioch Ca. Big Thumbs Down!!

Old 01-15-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Thumbs down Delta RC, Antioch Ca. Big Thumbs Down!!

So I went out to the local track today, which isn't all that local to me, about 40 miles one way. I've been out of 1/8th scale for a while. They had a nitro day today and I just bought an RC8Be, but I threw it on the track anyway to turn a few laps during practice. I was sliding all over the track and quickly realized the Proline holeshot tires that came with the kit weren't going to work. So I walked up to the shop which is a good walk from the indoor track. I pick out some tires, mind you the last time I bought tires they were all knobby, like Proline Badlands. So I pick up some M2 Bow Ties, 2 sets, mounted about 60ish dollars. And they had bag of the spare parts I just bought off that other guy, so I got another bag and some rear hubs. Walked out for $71. I got back down to the track and some guys there I had just met say, lets see what you got. I showed them and they suggested something softer. No big deal, I walk back up to the LHS to exchange the tires. No dice, I "opened the package"

This is what the package looked like, at the time, I hadn't even touched the package, the lady at the counter put them in a bag and I walked out. I pulled the other package out as it was on top and it was sealed fine, to show the guys at the track when they suggested I get a softer compound. You cant tell what the tires are by looking at them, so all this guy did was read the tab, M2, Soft, etc, I put them back in the bag. So the only person to ever touch the half opened bag was the lady that put them in there.

It gets worse. I go back to the track and tell one of the guys I met there that they wouldn't exchange them. He walks over to a guy he knows that works there, he tells the guy that works there the story. The guy that works there grabs me and goes to talk the owner who is on the loud speaker calling the races. The owner looks at the bag and asked how long ago I bought them. I said maybe 10 minutes, heres the receipt. The other asks the owner, "are we good to exchange them"? he says yeah. We get in the guys truck that works there, he drives me back helps me pick out the right tires and we get to the counter, and the girl rings the tires up and tells me how much they are, the guy that drove me up there, who works there, said "the owner" said it was ok to exchange them" Then the lady behind the counter gets loud with the guy that brought me up there who also works there, and says to the worker, in front of me, "I just told this guy to come back tomorrow and talk to the owner!!!!" ( Lady I live an 80 mile round trip away, so $14 in gas and $5 for the toll bridge and Im going to come back tomorrow?) So he says the owner says its ok. So she says "Well Im going to call him because we dont take things that are open" mind you I pulled it off the shelf just like this. She hangs up with the owner who told her over the phone, that they will take back the un-opened ones only. We just showed the owner the same package, and he asked me when I bought them, "10 minutes ago" now he tells her something different?

I kept my cool and walked out with the other worker, he drove me back to the track, but the more I thought about it, the more frustrated I got with it. needless to say Delta RC has lost my hobby business forever. And to think when I went back to get the tires exchanged, I had made my mind up to get the Spektrum DX3R sitting in the cabinet. So for a package of $30 tires, you could have stapled shut, it cost $320. I will probably still race there, but I will be sure to bring my own parts and tires. If I brake something 5 minutes after I get there, Id rather just go home.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Wow sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Hope all works out well.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BuggyKing
Wow sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Hope all works out well.
Thanks Buggy King, Although Im not pursuing it further and just chocking it up as a bad experience. I did nothing wrong here, the bag was open when I bought it. I didn't point it out because who cares about that stuff. You can clearly tell I never took the wheels out of the package, its got the original staples holding the other half of the bag together. All of the original staples are still there, the plastic had been pulled out from under the flap, they were hanging from the eyelet, anyone could have done it. Take it in return, staple the bag back together and re-sell them. I didn't even want my $70 back. I just wanted some softer tires.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Dude...what do expect? Since you opened the tires...the store can't re-sell them as new. It was your mistake...don't make it somebody else's problem. Take responsibility for your mistake and just but another set...it's really not that big a deal.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FACTORYBUTNOT
Dude...what do expect? Since you opened the tires...the store can't re-sell them as new. It was your mistake...don't make it somebody else's problem. Take responsibility for your mistake and just but another set...it's really not that big a deal.
I bought the package just how you see it in the picture. Already opened like that. It was like that when I bought it. I bought it not caring if it was like that or not. I wanted to exchange them. All of a sudden it was a big deal. I walked over to the track showed someone that said I should go softer. I walked back and they wouldn't exchange them. I didn't make a friggin mistake. The mistake was spending my money there.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

The Delta guys are cool... my friend just went up there for the holiday and had a blast at their series. It sounds like miscommunication and a lower level employee following the guidelines set forth by management. I have met the owner and his family befor and I am certain there is a way they can make you a happy customer. Just contact them directly.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FACTORYBUTNOT
Uhhh...he was pretty clear that he bought them opened.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default tires

Greggw, you are much more patient then I. I would have told her to stick them where the sun doesn't shine. It is unfortunate that employers have to deal with employees that have no common sense, all it does is hurt there business.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tristyn
Greggw, you are much more patient then I. I would have told her to stick them where the sun doesn't shine. It is unfortunate that employers have to deal with employees that have no common sense, all it does is hurt there business.
I had patience while I was there, but as you can see by the time I got home, the more I thought about it, I was pretty upset, enough to write this in the first place. I went back there today and ran at the track, I ended up installing the tires, since I clearly wasn't going to get anywhere, and I was tired of dealing with it already, I had already been treated bad, and I didn't want to make things worse. I was there about 2 hours and my steering servo gave out, so I left.

Last thing I was going to do was go into the shop and buy a new one. I ended up at HobbyTown in Concord, about 15 miles away. They have an awesome R/C section for a HobbyTown. They have all the Spektrum surface radios, tons of lipos for everything. The only steering servo they had that caught my eye was a 277 oz/in Savox. I really have my eye on the XP DS1015 though. Im gonna order that from Tower in a minute. Im trying as hard as I can, not to pull the trigger on the Futaba 4PKS, but I think my buy button finger is going to get the best of me. And with Towers $50 off coupon, that just makes it worse.

I live about 15 minutes from the Vacaville HobbyTown, walking back to the R/C section, you would think they are going out of business.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Gregg, drive a few miles north to Chico and bring that e-buggy to Outback Raceway. You'll be glad you did The 1/8 e-Buggy class is still new here, and we are hoping to see it grow.

It would be a bit of a trek for you, but the facility is awesome, with plenty of clean pit space, clean racing, nice people, and when it comes to on site parts support, its at A Main Hobbies...need I say more? You can find more info on the track here. The pic doesnt do the track justice...it is full of elevation change, big kicker jumps, and has tons of flow.

You can PM me for more info if you are interested...
Attached Thumbnails Delta RC, Antioch Ca. Big Thumbs Down!!-off_road_track.jpg  
Old 01-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

I've been eye balling that track Scoobie. I'm definitely going to find a weekend to make it up there. Its a little but of a trek but I know it's for a good cause. I'll have to check out the schedule and see when it's good for me. I'm working this weekend and I have something else going on next weekend. So it'll have to be feb at the earliest. But I will make it up there.

I was checking out the videos just the other day. It's definitely an awesome looking track. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't believe I read that entire thread. LOL

yeah, i say to let this go.
Seriously I can not say that this is the RC shop's fault, ..nor yours either. Seems like too stubborn people butting heads to me. The hobby shop could have been cool and let you exchange them at first, ...but I am guessing that lady was told to not except exchanges once they've been opened. She was just trying to do her job ...overzealously but still.

It's not like you can't use the tires rights? (I have about 20 sets of tires for various applications and vehicles ...I can always use more).

anyway, don't stress out over stuff like this. Life is waaaay too short.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
I can't believe I read that entire thread. LOL

yeah, i say to let this go.
Seriously I can not say that this is the RC shop's fault, ..nor yours either. Seems like too stubborn people butting heads to me. The hobby shop could have been cool and let you exchange them at first, ...but I am guessing that lady was told to not except exchanges once they've been opened. She was just trying to do her job ...overzealously but still.

It's not like you can't use the tires rights? (I have about 20 sets of tires for various applications and vehicles ...I can always use more).

anyway, don't stress out over stuff like this. Life is waaaay too short.
Ummm this thread is 3yrs old....pretty sure he is over it by now.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Old 02-07-2014, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Oops, I thought that was my username, I couldn't even remember what it was, this is definitely the right one. LOL

Im pretty much over it...LOL

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.