Wiki Posts
Search

Fez Monstrosity's Extracurricular Blogosphere 101

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why even have a sportsman class? It just seperates stock more. Stock and Mod only. Btw boosted 17.5 is not as fast as mod, check the lap times and 17.5 boosted is g@y.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busdriver
Why even have a sportsman class? It just seperates stock more. Stock and Mod only. Btw boosted 17.5 is not as fast as mod, check the lap times and 17.5 boosted is g@y.
You should fit in the class perfectly
Old 02-05-2011, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Bus- I agree that laptimes aren't necessarily comparable, I was speaking more of top end speed. I also agree that the stock/mod only setup would be excellent, but I was simply posting the rules that were used in the late 90s at races like the Cactus and the Endless Summer Classic at M'n'M.

I'm happy to see you guys discussing the topic. I'm also a fan of the way they run racing in Great Britain (2 classes total, 2wd Mod and 4wd Mod).

One of the primary reasons I enjoy slower "expert" classes is that they provided me with an opportunity to race (and be competitive against) drivers of higher skill levels when I was younger and didn't have the funding (or finesse) to run mod.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Default Whoopsies, just posted under Danny's name

Hahaha, I guess I need to start hitting the log out button when I use Danny's computer....although it did make it appear like I had solid track owner support.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

JF: catus never had a sportsman or novice. they never used to run sportsman in Az at all, until terrible gas guys started racing.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Hi Bus,

I went back to look up some old results and you are correct, there wasn't a "Sportsman" class. They used to break it up into Stock and Expert Stock which is how I meant to describe the classes, but I mistakenly threw the word "Sportsman" in front of "Stock."

Here's a link from a Team Losi (euro) website with results from 2001. It shows the top finishers running Losi vehicles in both "Stock" and "Expert Stock."

http://teamlosi.ru/results/2001/cactus.htm
(Well I guess it isn't a direct link but copy and paste the above address into web browser)

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for clarifying the situation.

On a slightly different topic we're just about to leave for West Coast R/C for another exciting day of on/off-road racing. I'm excited to see you all there.

Go Packers or Steelers!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Default wedding ring help

Hi everyone,

I'm jumping topics a lil here but I need help from the RC community. I plan on proposing to my girlfriend of 2 years when I get back to Nebraska the beginning of next month. The only problem is I have no idea where to buy a ring. I'm trying to find a Tahitian black Pearl set in white gold.

I went to the mall today to look some over but all of the rings had diamonds surrounding the Pearl. My gf and I live a modest lifestyle and diamonds aren't something we are looking for (nor can we afford). If anyone could point me in the right direction and knows of a store that might carry black Pearl rings without diamonds in the setting I'd really appreciate it.......ill even make sure you don't have to Marshall the next time I'm announcing. 8-)

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 02-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
Hi everyone,

I'm jumping topics a lil here but I need help from the RC community. I plan on proposing to my girlfriend of 2 years when I get back to Nebraska the beginning of next month. The only problem is I have no idea where to buy a ring. I'm trying to find a Tahitian black Pearl set in white gold.

I went to the mall today to look some over but all of the rings had diamonds surrounding the Pearl. My gf and I live a modest lifestyle and diamonds aren't something we are looking for (nor can we afford). If anyone could point me in the right direction and knows of a store that might carry black Pearl rings without diamonds in the setting I'd really appreciate it.......ill even make sure you don't have to Marshall the next time I'm announcing. 8-)

Thanks,

Jeremy
have u tried the Cerritos mall there are several jewelry stores in there.....but i did look on line and seem to be some very nice modest ring on there if you want to go that route
Old 02-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeremy Felles
Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Jeremy
WTF do you want to do that for? Are you high?
Old 03-19-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well ? Any news ?