WINTERNATIONALS AT REVELATION RACEWAY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Have A Great Day Of Racing.

I'm not going to make it to this race. I hope everyone has a fantastic day

Also- if anyone would like to post the race results after todays race- please either post a copy- or a direct link to those results, if possible. Thank you and have fun

PS. Dana- I sent you a pm a few weeks ago. If time permits- please respond. Otherwise I will stop by the track when I have time- and talk with you.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I went as a spectator today. Trying to get a feel for these events. Trying to take this bashing hobby of mine to the track. I can't believe how many people were out there... It was nuts. Everyone crazy friendly, and willing to answer my questions.

This track was crazy good. Again I havent see many, expect those in mags. But the layout, and jumps. Made me wish I was out there.

The cool part was to see the all families and relationships out there. Total kick tail in my book. I even seen a wife or girlfriend man a buggy down on the track, while her dude was up at the driver stand. That was very cool to see, as my wife and kids came with me to the track, to check it out. So I looked over to my wife and asked "can you see yourself doing that?". She replied yes, but I don't think so... .

Anyways, good luck to everyone that raced today. I will be seeing you all soooooon....

Thanks,
Nick
Old 01-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

WOW was AWESOME !! man Dana did a great job was cool to see the turn out!!
some 200 entries !!!!
had a Blast, hanging out with friends and Family. even if i wasnt totaly prepared still had a great time !!!

i only have one downer about the event, really had nothing to do with the event itself but the "Lack of Driver Etiquette" during the "Electric buggy A Main"
I only made "One Qualifier" so i was Jazzed to make it to the A main with one run.......
durring the race i did not really notice much? cause your "Racing"
but someone posted this on Youtube WOW there were drivers and it's hard to keep an eye on everyone? but at least "Several" drivers cutting "Entire Sections of the track"......one driver in the beginning at the race just "Turned" before 3 or 4 cutting between a Jump let "one guy pass" but not the others !!!....LOL and just "Kept Going"...LOL
that was right at the 16 second mark......
then on the extreme right hand side of the track could barley see but at least 3 drivers going "Behind" turnmarshalls, cutting in front of 5 or 6 drivers !!
right around the 34 second mark
and another right at around the 54 second mark....
one buggy did slow down to let the others go by,but the others did not..

i can Understand getting Knocked to the other side of the track?
but you do the "Sportsman thing and WAIT" for your Place in "Line" then go...but not even crashing?? and to just CUT the track...
WOW.....i got knocked around myself,
man Matt Gross i have to say is the Best "Hack" i had the priviledge of getting hacked by..he is a true "Professional" though his actions did not gain an Advantage
just "Slowed us Both Down" i will give him credit though? he did not cut the track,while Center Punching my car in the Apex of the corners.
with 2 earlier attempts the "Scud Missle" attack was a good one at
4:24 mark......
but the best one was at the 4:29 mark with the Patened
"Center Punch to Break the car Attack".......
i'll have to return the Favor on that one...
but the "Finish the Job" attempt at 6:09 mark was a Scary one!
was a good Aim Attempt while i was on my lid.....
so i got Courious to see what else he might try ?? so i "Slowed up a little"
and the patened "MG-Hack from the Back" was a close one at 6:18 mark was a "Miss" but the one at the 6:21 mark was much better !!
but it was a Bummer for Matt it "Backfired"....
so i "Slowed down again to see what would come about"..???
but at 6:49 i lost my concentration? and fumbled in the back section...with the Posablitiy of a "MG-Finish the Job" manuver
i thought ok my car is going to get broke !!
but i got lucky and continued on my way......
still was a Great time !! the track was Awesome,and hanging out with the others was a real treat !!!

but for the several other drivers....that is SAD,to try and win by cutting the track..??? or gain the Advantage..???
dont get me wong i still had fun!! but it's just kinda messed up people willl try and win no matter the cost...??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jTkn...layer_embedded
Old 01-17-2011, 01:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Great Race Blade.

Blade-
That was one awesome race- and Dana always builds fantastic layouts. Thank you for posting your race up.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1BLADE1
but for the several other drivers....that is SAD,to try and win by cutting the track..??? or gain the Advantage..???
dont get me wong i still had fun!! but it's just kinda messed up people willl try and win no matter the cost...??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jTkn...layer_embedded
That is so funny you brought this up. Again, this was my first time at the track. I wanted to get some answer to questions before I take my gear on the track to get dirty. Everyone was very helpful in answering my questions. But one thing i saw a lot of, was what Blade was talking about. It was happening on every race i was watching. Especially on the main jump off on that right side. People were hitting that jump with the wrong angle, and landed past two turns. I asked some guy, about it. "What are you suppose to do? Or what happens when that happens? Do you lose time or points?" He told me, that they should wait the amount of time it would have taken to get around these turns that they skipped, before going again. But then, followed up with people hardly wait the right amount of time.

What was crazy about it. it was happening all the time on every race. I still see how much fun it is to go out and race. I CAN NOT WAIT... I feel like a 30 yo boy, that wants to go out and play!! LOL