Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Mini-Z Racing in SOCAL…better than ever! >

Mini-Z Racing in SOCAL…better than ever!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree44Likes

Mini-Z Racing in SOCAL…better than ever!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.57 average.

Old 10-09-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quick reminder about Sunday Track day at Kyosho Open from 11 to 5.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Originally Posted by 240Z
The carpet is so forgiving. Plenty of drift without spinouts! The reaction is so much different on RPC.

Now I understand why RPC is so frustrating for me.
Agreed on forgiving nature of carpet, tuning window is simply massive, any set up or motor power works
70T to 50T power on RCP is consistently satisfying as long as you hit that pin-head sized tuning window mod on RCP, no comment
Old 11-05-2015, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Happening locally this Sunday Kyosho track day from 11am to 5pm in Lake Forest.

Also happening this weekend PNWC 2015 in Maranello, Italy !
Organized by PN Racing right here in Baldwin Park

Old 11-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey Mini Z racers, I just got official word today that R241 race track at Kyosho HQ in Lake Forest will be closing it's doors for good. The last official opening day will be December 13th. This is not a "holiday" closure, it will be closed for good, as I was told that space will be utilized for something else.

What do you guys think about doing one last final "BIG Mini-Z" event?

I can probably round up 3-4 guys from here to go and then there are possible some of the PN guys. I think the last group was a core group from the OC that was running strong there the last year or so? This is sad news as Mini Z is a lot of fun and that leaves nowhere for an Mini Z fans to run in local socal. Kenon has also closed it's doors to regular race schedules.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by greenpea76
Hey Mini Z racers, I just got official word today that R241 race track at Kyosho HQ in Lake Forest will be closing it's doors for good. The last official opening day will be December 13th. This is not a "holiday" closure, it will be closed for good, as I was told that space will be utilized for something else.

What do you guys think about doing one last final "BIG Mini-Z" event?

I can probably round up 3-4 guys from here to go and then there are possible some of the PN guys. I think the last group was a core group from the OC that was running strong there the last year or so? This is sad news as Mini Z is a lot of fun and that leaves nowhere for an Mini Z fans to run in local socal. Kenon has also closed it's doors to regular race schedules.
Like the idea of a race on Dec 13th, I'm in if it happens LMK how that goes, i'll be there regardless...someone with enough knowledge of Zround software needs to be there to hold races, at the moment there's no one fitting that description, only lap counter in practice mode was being set up which fit the bill & will be goodnuff for the 13th in case of no racing.

There were already recent talks and activity about having either regular or one off track/or race days on RCP prior to this announcement(one session held already)...pretty confident mini-z's will continue running somewhere in SoCal.

Couple of Pics of 2015 PN World Cup in Italy from last weekend in Italy !

Last edited by mugler; 11-10-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Complete 2015 PNWC Results Here.

PNWC 2015 GT Mod Main A3 Final 2015 11 08

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

A few stints of some seriously badaZZ driving by the 2 green & white cars !

+ YouTube Video

Last edited by mugler; 11-11-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just found this thread and hope it isn't dying cause of the track closing.
I will be doing indoor house racing at friends in mountains of N.C.
Can you guys give me as much info and pic of the motor-mods and chassis mods.
I have one 03 brushless chassis ko propo ex 10 eurus and one stock 03.
The biggest thing right now is motors and where to get them.
all pic's and pointers will be so welcome !

Tim
Old 11-20-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim3
I just found this thread and hope it isn't dying cause of the track closing.
I will be doing indoor house racing at friends in mountains of N.C.
Can you guys give me as much info and pic of the motor-mods and chassis mods.
I have one 03 brushless chassis ko propo ex 10 eurus and one stock 03.
The biggest thing right now is motors and where to get them.
all pic's and pointers will be so welcome !

Tim
The biggest and bestest place to get Mini-Z stuff in the world is Kenon Hobby.

there are some who also call me... Tim.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
The biggest and bestest place to get Mini-Z stuff in the world is Kenon Hobby.

there are some who also call me... Tim.
Thanks 240Z,
So is rctech the best place to discuss minz builds and mods or is there a much more informative site ?
Old 11-24-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim3
Thanks 240Z,
So is rctech the best place to discuss minz builds and mods or is there a much more informative site ?
http://mini-zracer.com/ used to be pretty popular but if you are local to kenon, show up and talk to the guys there, they have all the latest setups
Old 11-25-2015, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

What Brian said and speaking of Kenon there will be a major announcement made sometime after last track day at Kyosho (Dec 13th) and end of year regarding a mini-z program starting in 2016.

Also in coming weeks a comprehensive race set up will be posted here for easy reference... in the meantime refer to site mentioned on post 1134^^
Old 12-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up One Last "carpet" HurrAY on SundAY !

This Sunday Dec 13th will be the last mini-z track day held at Kyosho America and therefore the last opportunity for a while to experience running on a carpet surface...track is open from 11:00 to 5:00.

2016 mini-z season will continue at a different location without interruption still once a month but on RCP for which a ton of new equipment & set-up development has already come down the pike just in the last 12 months alone...exciting times ahead! Announcement for location/days/hours to be made late December or Early January.

RECENT RCP RACE from PNWC 2015 !

+ YouTube Video
Old 12-14-2015, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugler
This Sunday Dec 13th will be the last mini-z track day held at Kyosho America and therefore the last opportunity for a while to experience running on a carpet surface...track is open from 11:00 to 5:00.

2016 mini-z season will continue at a different location without interruption still once a month but on RCP for which a ton of new equipment & set-up development has already come down the pike just in the last 12 months alone...exciting times ahead! Announcement for location/days/hours to be made late December or Early January.
So long Kyosho mini-z track. It was fun while it lasted. Looking forward to the next chapter of Mini-Z in SOCAL.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Official announcement on behalf of PN Staff

And on to the the next chapter of 28th Scale RC at World Famous PN Racing, organizer of PNWC - PN World Cup!

Where:
Juncture of 210 & 605.
13200 Brooks Dr, Suite E
Baldwin Park, CA 91706

When:
1st Sunday of each month from 11:00 to 5:00.
First Track Day February 7th.

Facility:
This is an indoor facility with restrooms on site, water/soft drinks sold & plenty of parking spaces available.
To pit bring a foldable table and a power strip, chairs are available at the track.

The Program:
Track fee is $10.00.
Test/Tune for best lap times & group practice runs.
Super chill and friendly atmosphere with unlimited latest setup advice available on tap from staff & racers just for the asking….all skill levels novice to pro welcome.

Racing Events:
1st racing event to be organized & held by PN mid year 2016 for GT 50/5500 class (class details below) . All info & dates TBA months before event, signups will be set up through rccarevents.

Classes:
Any car fitted with PN KS Compound RCP Tires with any combination of motor and gearing can run at the track but the main program focus as well as race events will be based on GT 50/5500 class which simply means brushed 50T (bb or bushing) and brushless 5500kv run & race together with fixed gearing…8T pinion for 50T brushed & 9T pinion for 5500kv, with standard 53T spur...an already established class at NorCal and other US & European mini-z tracks.
Note: 8T Pinion is only available in aluminum and here's the transponder used & a few lend out transponders will be on hand.
Kyosho motor/diff users:
If you’re still using Kyosho motors with Kyosho diffs/spurs/pinion for now all combinations of Kyosho motor and gearing is ok to run in 50/5500 class.

Wanted to thank Kyosho for making their facility available all those years…many great memories going back to 2010!

Last edited by mugler; 01-12-2016 at 11:56 AM. Reason: revised tire info & track fee info
Old 01-11-2016, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This should be a fun event... mini-z is what got me hooked to RC and I know there are many guys out there with cars sitting in there closet... If you have a car you haven't run in years just bring it out and have a little fun... This is a very laid back group of guys eager to help...
Old 01-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How much will cost to practice? Thanks for your time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.57 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.