Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
World GT Cars are GROWING in SOCAL!!! >

World GT Cars are GROWING in SOCAL!!!

World GT Cars are GROWING in SOCAL!!!

Old 01-03-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spring71
I have been thinking about adding the new WGT class for next series.

It will be 1s 10.5 with open esc, same as IIC rule.

1s 13.5 Non-Boost ESC.
1s 10.5 Open ESC.

Also, after the TQ Pan Car Grand Prix, WGT tire rule will be the spec tires only(CRC,BSR or JACO).

What do you guys think ?
I'm in, id say both classes should stick with the spec tire, which would keep the costs still relatively low but kick up the speeds with the 10.5 turbo/boost.

Also +1 for spec tire for the pan car GP. There really is no reason to not run them now that they are readily available and meet the spec rules that the class was started with.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I don't have a dog in this fight.
But if you want a challenge with more speed try 12th scale 13.5
Old 01-03-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by smracer31
My opinion is that the TQ Pan car grand prix (jan 23rd) should be run with the spec tires only. I think thats plenty of time for racers to pick up a set of spec tires and even the playing field
Already, TQ Pan Car Gran Prix WGT tire rule is spec tire only (CRC,BSR,JACO).

It was open tire rule for TQ Series, because the spec tires were unavailable. It will be the spec tire rule from Round 7 after the pan car grand prix.

Sorry for the confusion.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Already, TQ Pan Car Gran Prix WGT tire rule is spec tire only (CRC,BSR,JACO).

It was open tire rule for TQ Series, because the spec tires were unavailable. It will be the spec tire rule from Round 7 after the pan car grand prix.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for clarifying that sean! I had a blast yesterday with my wgt once i got the setup dialed for the race
Old 01-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Smile

Originally Posted by smracer31
Thanks for clarifying that sean! I had a blast yesterday with my wgt once i got the setup dialed for the race
Thanks Jonathan.

First race, got 3rd... that's great.

See you..
Old 01-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I don't have a dog in this fight.
But if you want a challenge with more speed try 12th scale 13.5
Thats right! Faster and less expensive to run than WGT with 10.5 timing, and you get to run longer too.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by timmig
Yes you are right--some people will want to go faster. But these babies are really fun and VERY challenging to WIN with!! I think eventually we will be able to add a second class with timing and maybe even a hotter motor---but I"d really like to wait and see the class continue to grow before we try any major changes. We're trying to draw newbies into our hobby as well---not just pull from the existing racers--- so this is a PERFECT class for that. Inexpensive and very fun to run!! The cars DO work exceptionally well with minimal setup changes so a newbie can have a good car really easily. That's the attraction over TC 4wd cars---these are cheaper--faster and easier to maintain. Let's GROW first---faster second!!
IMHO
Tim
I agree.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Initiate

I have been thinking about adding the new WGT class for next series.

It will be 1s 10.5 with open esc, same as IIC rule.

1s 13.5 Non-Boost ESC.
1s 10.5 Open ESC.

Also, after the TQ Pan Car Grand Prix, WGT tire rule will be the spec tires only(CRC,BSR or JACO).

What do you guys think ?
Great Idea Sean!, also cant wait for the 10.5 Class!

Old 01-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I think this is a good idea. I think the only thing that needs to be improved is the monitoring of the Spec classes and inforcing the rules. This would include inspection prior to each qualifier and the mains. I know this was done last Sunday for the mains, but it was done during the break prior to all the mains for all the spec classes at the same time, there was plenty of time after to change settings before the later mains. I think before each Spec main, the drivers should check in with the race director or designated inspector and once approved it is put on the track. If it does not pass at that time the driver is Disqualified for that heat or main. No chance to go back to the pits. I would gladly volunteer to help. For these cars, it takes about 5 seconds to inspect tires and ESC. If one person is allowed to cheat, even in a qualifier, it changes the outcome for everyone else in that class for the day.

We want this class to grow. I have never understood the desire to cheat to win. Dabble in the grey areas, but know the line between the black and red areas. Cheating will eventually kill the class. We have all seen this happen in other classes before.

Steve Vines
Old 01-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by svines1972
I think this is a good idea. I think the only thing that needs to be improved is the monitoring of the Spec classes and inforcing the rules. This would include inspection prior to each qualifier and the mains. I know this was done last Sunday for the mains, but it was done during the break prior to all the mains for all the spec classes at the same time, there was plenty of time after to change settings before the later mains. I think before each Spec main, the drivers should check in with the race director or designated inspector and once approved it is put on the track. If it does not pass at that time the driver is Disqualified for that heat or main. No chance to go back to the pits. I would gladly volunteer to help. For these cars, it takes about 5 seconds to inspect tires and ESC. If one person is allowed to cheat, even in a qualifier, it changes the outcome for everyone else in that class for the day.

We want this class to grow. I have never understood the desire to cheat to win. Dabble in the grey areas, but know the line between the black and red areas. Cheating will eventually kill the class. We have all seen this happen in other classes before.

Steve Vines
Agreed, while I didn't see any signs of cheating (which since it isn't spec tire the only way would be ESC), when we run the UF1 series at TQ the cars are checked when picked up from the track after each session to verify they are legal. If you return to the pits before having your car checked you are disqualified. Should work the same way with WGT.

Last edited by tunerjetta29; 01-04-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Smile

Thanks for the advice.

I did ESC check all together to save the time...

I'm sure nobody was cheating, everybody was running legal esc and settings.

From next round, I'll check the esc before the every round. As Steve said, it won't take a long time.

Hope it makes every racers feel fair

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Does a heat of these show up for Sunday racing? Finally able to make it out to the track.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by andrew-01
Does a heat of these show up for Sunday racing? Finally able to make it out to the track.
Yes, the sunday club race turnout seems to be about 6-8 cars usually, the Series races tend to draw a larger crowd.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Was at the track Sunday spec-tate-n for a bit and did some volunteer turn marshaling in the corner,really like the WGT cars.I`m a little tyed up in off road at the moment but want to come play there .Still trying to get my cup racer going just for cheap fun but also want to try WGT.What is the cost to set up a
car..kit,,servo..tires etc. to get going? P.S. the 1/12 scale race made me dizzy LOL ,Thanx..
Old 01-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If you would like a complete RTR WGT car---I have a CRC 10X that is complete with some spares and tires--spare bodies. I can let it go for $250 complete!! That's as inexpensive as possible to get started. A new setup--will run your right around $350 to $400 depending on the car you start with.
FYI
Tim

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.