Search

JBRL ELECTRIC OFFROAD RACING SERIES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
We get a full heat at WC for stock truck.

For the Associated series, we are averaging 3 full heats of stock truck. Its the biggest class, then the next biggest is 17.5 short course.
That is awesome!
Old 12-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Not saying people should have to buy a 21.5 and not saying they have too you must have missed what was said but if they wanted to boost that is the only motor that could be run. It was an idea, Either way it doesnt matter.

Its just a discussion not an argument, It really doesnt matter but at least people know why things are being done the way they are.

Originally Posted by Casper
Josh-- I was running up at HRH last night and Jimmy's boosted 17.5 was as fast as my non boosted 10.5 in the intermediate short course class! It might have even been a little faster! I again why do we need to allow boost. For sportsman it is harder to setup and more expensive. Most in sportsman don't really have the skills to run that fast either. There is an expert class to go fast! Who has a 21.5 in there box right now. Everyone has a 17.5 and just turn down your ESC. What is the big deal here. Put racing back in the hands of the driver like stock has been all these years before it became a war of I can get the most out of my super boosted speedo with extra dialed advance timing speed without blowing everything up at $200 a pop.

Seems like the guys with the biggest issue are those that will run expert anyway. Any sportsman out there that are having heart burn on this????
Originally Posted by SoCalRacerX
I do. Only cause this is the dumbest argument ever.... No one has a 21.5, nor do they want to spend the $80+ bucks to get one. I remember when stock went from 13.5 to 17.5 everyone was crying cause it was gonna be too slow. Why even think about 21.5? If you wanna run 17.5 w/o timing then turn down your ESC. If you wanna run 17.5 w/ timing then turn it up. Simple. Don't go make people buy a motor so they can race in a pointless class.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Company Representative

Scott-- Buggy will have non boosted sportsman 17.5 and boosted expert stock buggy?

Truck is only non boosted at this time. Again look at the past couple years. Super stock and Mod truck don't get even a decent turnout.
First of all, I'm not trying to bust your balls here Bud, this is just discussion. The point I was trying to make was, and Kevin touched on it, we had an awesome turnout in 17.5 truck last year and everybody, except for maybe a few, were running boosted ESCs already. It just wasn't called SS. Like Kevin said, call it something else.

Peace
Old 12-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Mike. You allow boosting? The class is holding on.
Yeah. Sometimes we get 2 heats of just stock truck. Most of the people running stock truck at peg run boost.

Last edited by LittleGoob93; 12-16-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default KISS

Originally Posted by Jimmy Babcock
Make sure you check www.jimmybabcock.com for the new classes for the 2011 JBRL season. Some classes were worded incorrectly so everyone that has already checked them out.......CHECK AGAIN!!!! Lol

2wd Rookie (RTR motor, 27T brushed or 17.5 no timing/boost)
Sportsman Stock Buggy (17.5 no timing/boost)
Sportsman Stock Truck (17.5 no timing/boost)
Expert Stock Buggy (17.5 unlimited)
Expert Stock 4wd (17.5 unlimited)
Modified Buggy
Modified Truck
Modified 4wd
Sportsman Stock Short Course (17.5 no timing/boost)
Expert Stock Short Course (17.5 unlimited)
Pro 2 Short Course
Pro 4 Short Course (2 cell limit, 550 motor limit, SC tires only)
1/8 Electric

Lets keep it simple for tech. Testing would need to be done to see if they are similar at all.

I know you are putting out ideas and that is fine but what is the resistance to non timing 17.5? Why do we need to boost everything?
Josh-- I was running up at HRH last night and Jimmy's boosted 17.5 was as fast as my non boosted 10.5 in the intermediate short course class! It might have even been a little faster! I again why do we need to allow boost. For sportsman it is harder to setup and more expensive. Most in sportsman don't really have the skills to run that fast either. There is an expert class to go fast! Who has a 21.5 in there box right now. Everyone has a 17.5 and just turn down your ESC. What is the big deal here. Put racing back in the hands of the driver like stock has been all these years before it became a war of I can get the most out of my super boosted speedo with extra dialed advance timing speed without blowing everything up at $200 a pop.
OK there is a simple answer.
racing was flourishing in the 90's because, there were only Buggy's and Trucks, and Brushless/Boosting wasn't around to screw things up.
so we could have
novice
intermediate stock
stock
pro stock
sportsman mod
pro mod

all with full classes

But with the addition of
4wd SC
2WD SC
1/8 electric

the classes get diluted

Simple answer
No Timing 17.5 - this is a stock class

Timing /boosting 17.5 should be axed and called Sportsman Mod, run any motor you guys have clearly made the argument that boosted 17.5 is as fast as anything so why the heck are we limiting the motors?

Then a Pro Mod class - This is for the fast and sponsored guys - simple
This would work in 2 WD Short Course because of its large turnout.

For low turnout classes, call it Stock and Mod, stock is no-timing and mod is whatever, because clearly after reading the last few pages it doesn't matter.

I want to run a fair class like non-boosted 17.5 and Mod.

I have read books by professors stating one important thing. "Keep it simple stupid"

Last edited by steam; 12-16-2010 at 01:02 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

what about:

sportsman stock buggy, truck, sc = no boost, no sponsored drivers of any type/level (tire, motor, battery)

expert stock buggy, truck, 4wd, sc = boost allowed, no chassis sponsored drivers

Last edited by RA99GT; 12-17-2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: forgot 4wd under expert stock
Old 12-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Prophet

I see where you are coming from. Keeping track of what is considered "sponsored" can be very hard. It is not a bad idea though.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

The classes look good for 2011.

I am really disappointed that there is only a Sportsman Stock Truck (17.5 non boosted class) and no Expert Stock Truck (17.5 boosted class). I feel there would be enough people based off of last years Stock Truck entries to fill both a Sportsman Stock Truck and Expert Stock Truck class. A lot of the people who ran Stock Truck in last years series are expert level drivers and they would probably want to run in a 17.5 boosted class (I know I would) and I'm sure the sportsman level drivers would not mind being separated from the experts any how. Hopefully Jimmy reverses his decision and includes an Expert Stock Truck (17.5 boosted class). I will be keeping my fingers crossed .
Old 12-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RA99GT
what about:

sportsman stock buggy, truck, sc = no boost, no sponsored drivers of any type/level (tire, motor, battery)

expert stock buggy, truck, sc = boost allowed, no chassis sponsored drivers
I agree with Rod's ideas.

I think this is the best answer.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Just throwing this out there. Anyone planning on running Mod truck this year?
Old 12-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert Drew
The classes look good for 2011.

I am really disappointed that there is only a Sportsman Stock Truck (17.5 non boosted class) and no Expert Stock Truck (17.5 boosted class). I feel there would be enough people based off of last years Stock Truck entries to fill both a Sportsman Stock Truck and Expert Stock Truck class. A lot of the people who ran Stock Truck in last years series are expert level drivers and they would probably want to run in a 17.5 boosted class (I know I would) and I'm sure the sportsman level drivers would not mind being separated from the experts any how. Hopefully Jimmy reverses his decision and includes an Expert Stock Truck (17.5 boosted class). I will be keeping my fingers crossed .
I agree here...

Jimmy, something to consider is that most people running your series are pretty well into the hobby. Most have purchased top of the line r/c gear including "boost" capable ESCs... So now we are supposed to run a non-boosted 17.5 stock truck class at tracks we race club all the time with "boost"?! Doesn't sound like too much fun to me. I'm betting you will see a lot fewer stock trucks out there.. time will tell.

Jerome
Old 12-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RA99GT
what about:

expert stock buggy, truck, 4wd, sc = boost allowed, no chassis sponsored drivers
i think you should be able run both classes too...no boost and boosted for the classes. basically same as last year, just add a non-boost class too

if you're a chassis sponsored driver, you shouldn't be running stock or intermediate anything anyway...

Last edited by mkennedy; 12-17-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Ok we listened. Expert stock truck was added!

Also Jimmy is mixing up the points fund for next year as well. Instead of points fund being for each class based on the size of the class, all the money is being pooled and then paid back evenly to each class. So the top 5 in every class will make back the same amount of money regardless of how large the class was for the year.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Adept

I'm happy to hear Expert Stock Truck was added . Thanks Jimmy! . I'm looking forward to the start of the 2011 JBRL.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I cant wait either...are you working on a schedule yet? Hopefully it doesnt interfere too much with the kids bdays and holidays...

Got my RC10 gold tub almost ready to do some Sportsman Stock running....I may build a 10T waiting for the series to start.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.