Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast RC Raceway Onroad Racing! >

West Coast RC Raceway Onroad Racing!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West Coast RC Raceway Onroad Racing!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 1.89 average.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

getting my charger tommorrow and im ready to drive now,Damn i wanna drive.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Well everyone. The day we have all been waiting for has finally come. We had our meeting with the city tonight. We were given unanimous approval for us to open. Our official Re-Grand Opening day and festivities will be announced shortly.

Hang tight guys. The hard part is over. We just need to iron out some very, very small details with regards to opening and you will have your West Coast back!!

Keep posted for further updates.

See you again real soon!!

From the me and the staff of West Coast, thanks again for all of your support through this tough time.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DannyS
Well everyone. The day we have all been waiting for has finally come. We had our meeting with the city tonight. We were given unanimous approval for us to open. Our official Re-Grand Opening day and festivities will be announced shortly.

Hang tight guys. The hard part is over. We just need to iron out some very, very small details with regards to opening and you will have your West Coast back!!

From the me and the staff of West Coast, thanks again for all of your support through this tough time.
sweeeeeet
Old 10-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

cant wait!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

can't wait to go back. THANK YOU Danny!

Steve
Old 10-16-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Outstanding , way to Danny and staff, Alex will wet his pants once he hears you will be open soon.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Great news!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

As we all love racing I figured id spread the love,

OCRC will be hosting a Christmas Charity Event 12/13/09
The Cause: "His Nesting Place" http://www.hisnestingplace.org/

A home for women and their children who have been abused, and or are pregnant and have chosen to continue their pregnancy rather then to terminate it.

The cost: $10.00 per class plus 1 unwrapped gift for a child or a mom

I know times have been a bit tough on everybody but now is the time to step up and show that the R/C community cares!

We will open the doors at 9AM and racing will start at 12PM

I promise this will be a fun and rewarding event for all of us.
The Moms and the kids will be here to cheer you on!

Giggity giggity goo!!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Here is a Video of West Coast Raceway two and a half months ago. This video was to be used for the locals and others who have never been at West Coast. We shot this video two weeks before the closing and want to show it to everyone now. Here is a glimps of what's to come from West Coast and much much more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSaXmSCf34Y

I'll keep everyone updated with news of our Re-Opening. All I know thus far is we'll open soon but our actual grand opening Grand Prix will be on December 5th and 6th. The following weekend of the 12th and 13th we are happy to annouce that we will be hosting the KO PROPO electric onroad race at West Coast. Details will be announced soon, hopefully within a day.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

great vid danny the slow motion shots are great,o and the little whip driving your buggy was sweet,little floater cross up whip..
Old 10-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wayboarder
As we all love racing I figured id spread the love,

OCRC will be hosting a Christmas Charity Event 12/13/09
The Cause: "His Nesting Place" http://www.hisnestingplace.org/

A home for women and their children who have been abused, and or are pregnant and have chosen to continue their pregnancy rather then to terminate it.

The cost: $10.00 per class plus 1 unwrapped gift for a child or a mom

I know times have been a bit tough on everybody but now is the time to step up and show that the R/C community cares!

We will open the doors at 9AM and racing will start at 12PM

I promise this will be a fun and rewarding event for all of us.
The Moms and the kids will be here to cheer you on!

Giggity giggity goo!!!!
That is a great race and great reason to race. Anything we can do to support it we'll definitly do it. Thanks for the info and support Jeff. You've always be a great person and a great hobbies. This race is awesome and should definitly be publisized and the word should be spread about it. Any help OCRC needs or support we'll definitly do our best.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend this great race. We have the KO Propo race the same weekend at West Coast but we should be able to donate in some way. Let me know Jeff what I can help with and we'll do our best to participate. KO and West Coast have had this race in the works for a few months now and have committed a time slot for it. Once again, thank for the info and let us know what we can do. Since these races are on the same day we would definitly want to host a simulare race in the near future to support the cause.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The KO Grand Prix will be a 2 day on-road electric event. Classes and further details will be announced within the next few days....

Other races (on and off road) will be annouced over the next several weeks....

Last edited by rocketron; 10-16-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:21 PM
West Coast R/C

Default Our new Schedule

Here is our upcoming schedule when we reopen. Let us know what you guys think. In response to you the racers request, we're going to start racing at 8pm during the week. This doesn’t necessarily mean that we're going to leave later. This just means that we have to run a more efficient race program. The goal is to allow racers more time to arrive and not rush to get here just to run one practice. Our goal is for you to be happy and not feel rushed.

Example: You work until 5pm, Leave work get home or to the track by 5:45-6pm. Setup your pit and charge a battery, its 6:15pm. You practice once (maybe) and get ready for racing at 7pm. With 8pm, you can take your time and not have to rush. Once you get to WCRCR, you may actually run 2-3 battery packs before racing starts at 8pm and feel comfortable.

We're also reducing our racing prices during the week. Our race prices are $15 for the first class and $10 for the second. Practice is $10 all day which allows the racer to run on both tracks. Example: if you race onroad on Tuesday, you’re allowed to practice on both onroad and offroad as much as you like. Instead of waiting for your main or another qualifier grab your offroad car and practice on the offroad track. There is no additional charge, ever. To ensure the novice class keeps growing, along with our fair product pricing, we're charging all novice classes only $10 to race. This will ensure that new racers keep coming into the hobby and stay in.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and we look forward to seeing you at West Coast soon. Let us know your opinion on these subjects and any other suggestions.

SCHEDULE

Here is our upcoming schedule when we reopen. Let us know what you guys think.

Monday: 3pm-11pm Open Practice on both track all day, $10. (controlled practice will be called when needed or as required.)

Tuesday: 3pm-Close Onroad racing at 8pm, $15. Open practice for all offroad vehicles until Close. (must have 2.4ghz for offroad practice after 7pm. Controlled practice starts 1hr before onroad racing or as required.)

Wednesday: 3pm-Close Offroad racing at 8pm $15. Open practice for all onroad vehicles until Close. (must have 2.4ghz for onroad practice after 7pm. Controlled practice starts 1hr before offroad racing or as required.)

Thursday: 3pm-11pm Open Practice on both track all day, $10. (controlled practice will be called when needed or as required.)

Friday: 3pm-Close Offroad racing at 8pm, $15. Open practice for all onroad vehicles until Close. (must have 2.4ghz for onroad practice after 7pm. Controlled practice starts 1hr before offroad racing or as required.)

Saturday: 10am-Close Onroad racing at 6pm, $20. Open practice for all offroad vehicles until close. (must have 2.4ghz for offroad practice after 5pm. Controlled practice starts 1hr before offroad racing or as required.)

Sunday: 10am-10pm Offroad racing at 3pm, $20. Open practice for all onroad vehicles untile close. (must have 2.4ghz for onroad practice after 1pm. Controlled practice starts 1hr before offroad racing or as required.)

* All weekday racing $15, and weekends $20.
* All practice is $10 per day all week long.
* If your racing you have the right to practice on that day on either track.[/COLOR]

Old 10-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

How come you guys dont open at least one day (weekday) at
10am. It will help for us people that work in the evening. Just a thought.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Racing starts at 8PM on Tuesday nights. That's great! I'll be there fo sho!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 1.89 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.