Search
Like Tree30Likes

G.L.A.R.C.R.C. RACING NEWS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Whatever it is I hope we can get it handled quick....this is the only place in SoCal thats big enough for 1/8 nitro
Old 02-15-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motojon
Whatever it is I hope we can get it handled quick....this is the only place in SoCal thats big enough for 1/8 nitro
I hear you on that !!! and right when I was about to get me a new MRX5
Old 02-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Default Track Tear Down

Track Tear Down !

I know that more then enough races do NOT help out with track tear down. So this is just a thought, how about charging a $10-$15 deposit fee per each racer and when the event is over and it comes down to track tear down, if they are NOT accounted for then they will not get that deposit back ? The fee/deposit can do to hire labor or payback GLARCRC for their time and labor.

Just a thought.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Originally Posted by BigC2007
Track Tear Down !

I know that more then enough races do NOT help out with track tear down. So this is just a thought, how about charging a $10-$15 deposit fee per each racer and when the event is over and it comes down to track tear down, if they are NOT accounted for then they will not get that deposit back ? The fee/deposit can do to hire labor or payback GLARCRC for their time and labor.

Just a thought.
+1 chris or increase the race fee for $25 and $15 for clubrace so the increase fee goes to hire people for the labor for track tear down...$5 to $10increase is nothing compare to the money that we are spending on this hobby
Old 02-15-2011, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinoy69racer
+1 chris or increase the race fee for $25 and $15 for clubrace so the increase fee goes to hire people for the labor for track tear down...$5 to $10increase is nothing compare to the money that we are spending on this hobby
I wish everyone shared your vision bro...
Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Don't panic guys, I'm sure this is only a temporary set back and will be resolved ASAP. We still have a couple of big races coming up and that's what we need to focus on. Al
Old 02-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
I wish everyone shared your vision bro...
i hope bro...see you at corona
Old 02-15-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I doubt it's all about money but I'd pay a few extra bucks when I get the chance to race to keep a good "club" up and running. I honestly have no clue what's going on yet but if it is about set up and tear down, then the possible disappearance of GLARC will be all our own fault... "Club" to me means teamwork and helping, whoever is there at the time of racing. I try to help when I'm there for tear down because I never get there early enough for set up. Paying someone else to do our dirty work is pretty selfish, especially since we're already there! Weather it's turn marshaling or helping the club set up or go home. If you schedule your time to race, then schedule it correctly from start to finish. This is not Revalation or Crystal Park where we are spoiled to have "someone else" clean up after us. Why do you thing WCRC and OCRC aren't the cheapest places to go to race/practice..they have "paid employees" to clean up after us. Glen, if this has nothing to do with the latest talk around the water cooler, let us know, but I think it still should be voiced..
Old 02-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I'm one of the racers that stayed late--of course I run 1/5 scale and we were the "late race"--except for the bike guys that did not get to run because of darkness. BUT---NONE of the 1/8 scale racers from the A main expert to my knowledge--even finished turn marshaling the 1/5 scale final race!!! With 15 minutes to go in the race---Glenn had to leave his race director position -- to help with track maintenance on the track during the race! I helped because I had gotten knocked out of the race and so --turned marshaled. Leto Reyes--one of the BIKE GUYS---that did not race--helped turn marshal and stayed to help with track tear down!! ALL of the 1/8 nitro guys were GONE and did not even stay to turn marshal--let alone help with tear down!! That's NOT a very good showing for any club to survive. I think that the 1/8 nitro races should be scheduled AFTER the 1/5 scale racers-- last on the program--and no one can pack up until the track is down and IN the trailer. When a LOT of people help---the track goes up and comes down FAST--in only a few minutes. When only a few are left to help--it's a HUGE job!! And with the 1/8 A main--that represents at least 20 bodies that could help---racers and pitmen--and most of the time even more helpers are also there. So track tear down COULD have been easy and fast.
So the CLUB MEMBERS have to STEP UP---or there won't be a place to race!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I really don't think it is an issue of set-up or tear down. If this was an issue, it would have hit the fan a long time ago.

I think the real problem is "clean up". Its the trash that gets left behind or the junk that gets thrown all over the place. I've been to the transit center during the weekday once and it looks like a mess. The over flowing trash that we leave behind doesn't always get picked up. There are worn tires all over the place in the empty planters and I even saw left over bottles of nitro sitting by the planters.

It is this kind of disrespect for the facility that can get Glen's use permit revoked.

I may be wrong on this but keeping the facilities clean helps.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by timmig
I'm one of the racers that stayed late--of course I run 1/5 scale and we were the "late race"--except for the bike guys that did not get to run because of darkness. BUT---NONE of the 1/8 scale racers from the A main expert to my knowledge--even finished turn marshaling the 1/5 scale final race!!! With 15 minutes to go in the race---Glenn had to leave his race director position -- to help with track maintenance on the track during the race! I helped because I had gotten knocked out of the race and so --turned marshaled. Leto Reyes--one of the BIKE GUYS---that did not race--helped turn marshal and stayed to help with track tear down!! ALL of the 1/8 nitro guys were GONE and did not even stay to turn marshal--let alone help with tear down!! That's NOT a very good showing for any club to survive. I think that the 1/8 nitro races should be scheduled AFTER the 1/5 scale racers-- last on the program--and no one can pack up until the track is down and IN the trailer. When a LOT of people help---the track goes up and comes down FAST--in only a few minutes. When only a few are left to help--it's a HUGE job!! And with the 1/8 A main--that represents at least 20 bodies that could help---racers and pitmen--and most of the time even more helpers are also there. So track tear down COULD have been easy and fast.
So the CLUB MEMBERS have to STEP UP---or there won't be a place to race!!!

It this is the case then this is WRONG 1/8 racers. And another thought would be to INPOUND !! all cars or radios untill the event is over and track is completely back in the tailer ! End of story !
Old 02-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

..or run 8th scale last....
Old 02-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bill Wyatt
I agree run the 10th and 8th scale last
Old 02-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I really don't think it is an issue of set-up or tear down. If this was an issue, it would have hit the fan a long time ago.

I think the real problem is "clean up". Its the trash that gets left behind or the junk that gets thrown all over the place. I've been to the transit center during the weekday once and it looks like a mess. The over flowing trash that we leave behind doesn't always get picked up. There are worn tires all over the place in the empty planters and I even saw left over bottles of nitro sitting by the planters.

It is this kind of disrespect for the facility that can get Glen's use permit revoked.

I may be wrong on this but keeping the facilities clean helps.
I think we've been pretty good as far as clean up of the area goes. This past sunday there were 2 trash bags around where I was pittingand everyone was using them, before we left we picked up most of the smaller trash(parts labels and borken parts mainly).

Originally Posted by Bill Wyatt
I agree, the Sedan and 1/8th mains should be run last, but that is no excuse for the 1/5th guys to take off either. As far as turnmarshalling, I marshal everytime its my turn. Maybe I do leave a bit early for track tear-down, but I do drive 1 hour each way, and I would be willing to pay an extra $5 to pay for somebody to do it for us. I dont think $5 is asking too much, after what we spend in the hobby.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

I dont know how this issue turned into a money issue (charge more to race)
Some people have a hard enough time keeping up with this hobby because it is expensive.Look at the onroad turn out compared to offroad.Just my thought.Also think we jumping the gun alittle?I havent seen anywhere where Glen have post what really is the problem.

double post in two discussions

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.