Search
Like Tree30Likes

G.L.A.R.C.R.C. RACING NEWS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

New layout looks awesome.....Great job guys, wish I was not 400 miles away so I will just say Thank You to all that helped out to make a great place for us to race.
Old 01-30-2017, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is there a pic of the layout?
Old 01-30-2017, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DK9mm
Is there a pic of the layout?
There's a video on FB under the KO gran prix group
Old 01-30-2017, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
There's a video on FB under the KO gran prix group
Thanks Scott.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Did anyone happen to pick up a white 6 foot folding table from the pits near the timing loop? When I went back to pack up my pit area after loading up the trailer my gear, car, and EZup was all there, but my table was gone. I think there was some black nylon tape on one side.

Thanks to the dedication and hard work from the GLARC crew; Had a complete blast this weekend
Old 01-31-2017, 01:52 AM
Tech Master

Your table was picked up during cleanup Wes, it's in the trailer!!
Old 01-31-2017, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us
Your table was picked up during cleanup Wes, it's in the trailer!!
Thanks Glenn! No problem, figured this is what happened. I just happen to use the same black metal folding chair you guys use for turn marshals, so the first time I went to the track I lost my chair the same way lol Does everyone shop at Target?

Is there definitely a Club race happening on the 11-12th of next month?
Old 02-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Feb 11/12

Originally Posted by WesRaven
Thanks Glenn! No problem, figured this is what happened. I just happen to use the same black metal folding chair you guys use for turn marshals, so the first time I went to the track I lost my chair the same way lol Does everyone shop at Target?

Is there definitely a Club race happening on the 11-12th of next month?
Wes,

It was nice meeting you and am glad you had a good time this weekend.

As far as the race date is concerned, the schedule is normally set unless there is some unforeseen circumstance (i.e. rain). So plan on coming out.

I also would like to say Thank You to the following for taking time out of their day to come out and do the much needed track maintenance and laying out the infield this past Saturday:

Glenn Williams
Tom Wong
Moto Ishibachi
Steve "The Woodsmith" Kitahata
Don Hirami
Tony and Dennis Clark
Tony Thompson
Julius ?
Brad Rasmussen
Wes Raven (who hauled out from Ventura by the way!)
George ?

Thanks for all the hard work!!!!
Old 02-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Hey Guys,

looking forward to a great 2017 season. Hope everybody enjoyed the time off and theres gonna be some hot events this year!!

We ahve however made a couple of small changes, due to the rising costs of the logistics, Saturday practice fees are now $15.00, this excludes non-club races.

The GLARCRC Board of Directors have asked that we post the rules fo conduct for GLARCRC racing events at the Transit Center, I for one am the most guilty party but we will enforce these rules as they are designed to keep racers safe, to maintain a competetive yet fun enviornment, and keep GLARCRC heading in the direction of a positive hobby for all to enjoy.

Rules are posted below, also will have individual copies available trackside

Let's have fun!! Good Racing to all!!

G.W.

G.L.A.R.C.R.C. TRACK RULES FOR 2017

It will be the responsibility of the event race director/referee to apply these rules starting at the first club race in February 2017

Turn marshalling
Racers are required to turn marshal immediately after his/her qualifying heat and main final, the race director/referee shall be instructed to call each racer by name and identify said racer by individual raising his/her hand in their assigned turn marshal position.
Racers should be in their assigned turn marshal positions no later than one (1) minute before the start of the heat/main.
If a racer cannot turn marshal for his/her heat/main, it is the responsibility of the racer to have an able bodied, experienced individual substitute turn marshal in his/her place. The racer or substitute marshal shall make sure the race director/referee is notified of the change prior to the start of every heat/main.
Exemptions from turn marshal duties include the following:
Physical handicap or age/health related issues
Children under the age of 12 years may not turn marshal.

Failure to turn marshal for a qualifying heat or leaving turn marshal post before conclusion of the qualifier without notifying race director/referee with legitimate reason will result in racers loss of his/her event best qualifying time.

Failure to turn marshal for a main event or leaving turn marshal post before conclusion of the main without notifying race director/referee with legitimate reason will result in racers disqualification form his/her main event.

In the case of multiple day races, qualifying is often completed 1 day prior to mains. Drivers in the upper mains must be present that next morning to turn marshal for the appropriate lower mains. Racers may have an alternate turn marshal for them however; it is the responsibility of the racer to have an able bodied, experienced individual substitute turn marshal in his/her place. The racer or substitute marshal shall make sure the race director/referee is notified of the change prior to the start of the main.

If a racer is not present to turn marshal, he/she will not be permitted to start his/her main event until the last place car in that main completes its second lap. Racer in violation must also start from pit lane.

A current ROAR card must be in drivers possession at all times, if a driver has a personal mechanic, pit person, or turn marshal, these individuals must also have current ROAR insurance.

Waste management

Please use the trash cans provided by GLARCRC, no trash or racers discarded items are to be left on the premises. If a trash can is full, please see one of the GLARCRC officials and they will take care of it.

GLARCRC provides waste bins for dust created by tyre truing. Please do not true tyres on the ground use the blue bins provided by GLARCRC and dump dust into trash cans.

If a used rc car body is to be discarded, please cut it up into pieces before putting it in the trash.

We have been asked by our landlords to not place any items in or on the flower boxes/planters, please keep aware of this request, if this is observed; please notify a GLARCRC official immediately.

Driver Conduct at GLARCRC events

The following is prohibited:

Spitting and/or spitting chewing tobacco on the facility, due to the increase of young children at the track and often playing on the grounds, it is a health risk to spit or spit tobacco juice. Please use a container if you must do so, please take container with you or discard accordingly.

Parking next to curbs/islands – racers are asked to please unload their race gear and place their vehicles in a parking place on the lot. CalTrans police and the Sherriff’s department have been issuing parking tickets for this violation.

Smoking/vaping is not allowed on the drivers stand or in pit lane, smokers please be aware of excessive cigarette butts on the ground. Please dispose of properly.

Profane language/verbal abuse – GLARCRC is firmly committed to friendly competition in a youth and family environment. If excessive profanity and/or verbal abuse to a fellow racer are reported/observed, GLARCRC race officials will take the appropriate action.

Physical altercations/fighting – GLARCRC has ZERO tolerance towards any kind of physical altercations. GLARCRC officials will take immediate action against such activities.

Alcoholic beverages, recreational narcotics, and marijuana are strictly prohibited on the facility, if racers are reported/observed using such items, GLARCRC officials will take immediate action against such activities.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:01 AM
Tech Master

Trailer will be out Saturday 2-11-2017, we'll hang out for a while to see what the weather does. I really think mother nature is going to punch us in the nuts. Saturday forecast is showers all day!
Old 02-23-2017, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Weather forecast says rain Saturday night and Sunday, 2/25, 2/26. We will make a decision tomorrow (Friday) as weather or not to cancel this weekend's club race, stay tuned!!
Old 02-23-2017, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Weather forecast says rain Saturday night and Sunday, 2/25, 2/26. We will make a decision tomorrow (Friday) as weather or not to cancel this weekend's club race, stay tuned!!
Any chance of moving it to next weekend if canceled?
Old 02-23-2017, 10:04 AM
Tech Regular

I've been watching the weather like a hawk. Yesterday showed complete sunshine for Sunday, but now it's back to a bit of rain in the morning.

https://www.wunderground.com/us/ca/g...:90247.1.99999

If we end up not being able to run Sunday, and can't reschedule to next weekend, any chance we can just do a basic setup on Sat just to break in and tune engines? This is the last weekend I will have to prep for Hudy, and my engines are no where near ready.

Last edited by WesRaven; 02-23-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

we would just setup 2nd weekend of March 11,12, 2017.Normally scheduled.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So ar you planning on setting up on this Saturday?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.