Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
2009 J.B.R.L. OFFROAD ELECTRIC RACING SERIES.. >

2009 J.B.R.L. OFFROAD ELECTRIC RACING SERIES..

2009 J.B.R.L. OFFROAD ELECTRIC RACING SERIES..

Old 01-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Stock will be open. Sponsored drivers will be allowed in the class. The "expert" classes were not filled out enough and other classes were added this year so in an effort to not delute the classes too much Jimmy picked the current list for next year. It will all work out just fine.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AC Driver
Not just chassis no. I look at it like this, If you have a legit sponsorship (chassis, motor, battery, tire etc.) then you are obviously a good enough driver to warrant that sponsorship. I like the idea of any kind of sponsored driver should be in his or her own class. Just my thoughts. I will be runnin the series regardless but I do have thoughts about it.
I think that should be more for the novice or beginner classes, I know what you mean though.

Originally Posted by Casper
Stock will be open. Sponsored drivers will be allowed in the class. The "expert" classes were not filled out enough and other classes were added this year so in an effort to not delute the classes too much Jimmy picked the current list for next year. It will all work out just fine.
good to know.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AC Driver
Not just chassis no. I look at it like this, If you have a legit sponsorship (chassis, motor, battery, tire etc.) then you are obviously a good enough driver to warrant that sponsorship. I like the idea of any kind of sponsored driver should be in his or her own class. Just my thoughts. I will be runnin the series regardless but I do have thoughts about it.
i feel the same way.
yeah it will work out fine for all the sponsored drivers
Old 01-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Prophet

How do you draw the line at "sponsored". A guy that gets 15-25% everything at a hobby shop since he works there, is he "sponsored" This is a better deal then a lot of motor/battery guys get. What do you do with someone that gets help in the middle of the season? I think most all of the expert stock buggy and truck guys will move up to super stock and not run stock anymore since there is no expert class but I don't know that for a fact. Most big races do not offer expert stock classes anymore as well. Racing agianst faster guys will make you faster. Lets see how it all goes before we internet bash it to death before a race has even been run.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

How do you draw the line at "sponsored". A guy that gets 15-25% everything at a hobby shop since he works there, is he "sponsored" This is a better deal then a lot of motor/battery guys get. What do you do with someone that gets help in the middle of the season? I think most all of the expert stock buggy and truck guys will move up to super stock and not run stock anymore since there is no expert class but I don't know that for a fact. Most big races do not offer expert stock classes anymore as well. Racing agianst faster guys will make you faster. Lets see how it all goes before we internet bash it to death before a race has even been run.
Your right lets not internet bash it to death.
lets see how it all turns out.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

How do you draw the line at "sponsored". A guy that gets 15-25% everything at a hobby shop since he works there, is he "sponsored" This is a better deal then a lot of motor/battery guys get. What do you do with someone that gets help in the middle of the season? I think most all of the expert stock buggy and truck guys will move up to super stock and not run stock anymore since there is no expert class but I don't know that for a fact. Most big races do not offer expert stock classes anymore as well. Racing against faster guys will make you faster. Lets see how it all goes before we internet bash it to death before a race has even been run.
Wasn't bashing at all. Like I said, I will be running regardless. Last year was my first JBRL and I had a total blast! I am out there for the fun of it (and to get away from the house, i.e. wife for a weekend ) but the little bit of cash at the end sure is nice. I was just expressing my thoughts. I would hope that the "better" drivers would sign up where they think they will be the most competitive and not just go for a win. Anyway, thats my$.02 again. Is it march yet? I want to see how my cat will do on other tracks.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Prophet

I understand the concerns guys. Don't get me wrong. Jimmy does his best to make the rules as fair as possible. The "sponsored" driver issue is real and I understand your concerns. I know it is not perfect but at the end of the day the competition will make you better.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have mixed feelngs on this topic,it is hard to find a happy med of sponsor and a real sponsor,example motor sponsors etc still have to pay they just get a break and maybe some help with gearing etc,i think chassis sponsor is the big defining line,if you have a chassis sponsor you should stay in a higher class as they are very hard to come by and you have to be a great driver to have one..
i have a mtr and tire sponsor but only race couple races a year(because of work) so i may be alittle faster than average but dnt stay as fined tund as a chassis spnsor driver does,yes i know that is my problem but..
i think jimmy does as good as he can specially no prizes to chassis sponsor drivers does help deture them from racing a lower class and racing better /faster driver does help you become faster!!
Old 01-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BISBEE 248
I have mixed feelngs on this topic,it is hard to find a happy med of sponsor and a real sponsor,example motor sponsors etc still have to pay they just get a break and maybe some help with gearing etc,i think chassis sponsor is the big defining line,if you have a chassis sponsor you should stay in a higher class as they are very hard to come by and you have to be a great driver to have one..
i have a mtr and tire sponsor but only race couple races a year(because of work) so i may be alittle faster than average but dnt stay as fined tund as a chassis spnsor driver does,yes i know that is my problem but..
i think jimmy does as good as he can specially no prizes to chassis sponsor drivers does help deture them from racing a lower class and racing better /faster driver does help you become faster!!
+1 Brent,
Old 01-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, I am looking forward to racing again! Been out basically since October doing alot of preparation for the new addition to my family.

As most of you may know, my wife had our baby boy on Dec 23. Its been quite an experience and a fun one at that But I am looking forward to hitting the dirt again soon..........
Old 01-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

It will be good to see you again steve. congrats on the baby.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Congrats on the new rug rat. Looking forward to seeing the baby butts at the track soon.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Congrats on the new rug rat. Looking forward to seeing the baby butts at the track soon.
you want to see baby butts at the track? LOL dont think we should go there...... J/K
Old 01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Old 01-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.