Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali! >

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

Old 10-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Talking West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!

West Coast R/C Raceway & Hobby Garage In So. Cali!-west-coast-raceway-hobby1.jpg
Hi everyone, my name is Danny Stojakovic and I'm opening a new indoor 1/10 & 1/8 scale offroad track in Southern California. I've kept the concept under the radar due to the fact that others have tried to open a track and it wasn't their lack of funds or last minute change of heat but the actual city council that has given them problems. I've already been through our first commission meeting and everything looks great. I've never seen five adults in their position so excited when they first laid their eyes on our R/C cars. They supported the idea with flying colors. Our next meeting is in December but we're trying to get "Temporary Use Permit" to start the construction process and perhaps opening earlier than originally expected. The building we have in mind is secured and it’s in a great location in the City Of Norwalk. We're on a major street with great visibility to all which should only enhance the hobby. Our location will attract new people into the hobby and enhance the other local tracks as well. This facility will open soon and the only thing that is going to stop us is the city but they seem very happy to have us and our ideas.

Now that I have told you about what is going on. Please give me your insight about the ideas I have posted and what you would like to see via email at [email protected]. We can't make everyone happy and please keep that in mind. This facility thus far is an indoor offroad track and that’s it. Later on we can start racing onroad or other forms of racing but for now were just racing offroad. Please let me know what you think. I am more than willing to work with anyone who is in the industry in any way.

Our site can be seen at www.westcoastrcraceway.com or www.wcrcr.com

Last edited by charlie_b; 07-16-2009 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sup Danny?!?!

SICK!!!

I can't wait! Another Indoor Offroad track in Southern California! I know I will be there. When do you figure to have the track open? What kind of dirt is being run? What will the dimensions of the track be?
Old 10-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Nice, I thought I overheard you talking about it with someone at the truck race over the weekend, wondered what that was all about. Norwalk is only an hour or so down the five from Santa Clarita so this sounds great to me. I wish you the best of luck!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Nice! Another indoor off-road electric track in SoCal!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Why would you race on the same days as OCRC?
Would you consider racing different days?
It seems to me that it would only drag business down from the two of you.
You are closer to me than OCRC so ill possible go to your place once a month. Unless you go above and beyond what they have i think they are going to be hard to beat. Not to take away from your place but they have a great facility.

Travis
Old 10-31-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

sweet
i hope things work out.
it would also be nice to have another indoor onroad place in the future
Old 10-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Sweet it would be awesome if the track was large enough for brushless 8th scale truggies as well! But no matter what it turns out to be, you can expect to see me there!!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

I agree with slow poke... I've seen it in other businesses. your pretty much destined to fail if you try to play games with OCRC. Another track would be great. I would come check it out without a doubt. From everything I've read on the website your heart's in the right place. You gotta get a niche... and that
iron cross logo is not a great start - that poor thing has been played out. Not trying to hate.. just want to see you succeed and RC Grow.

While I'm on a bit of a Rant, will the American RC companies please stand up! I'd feel a lot better if I was buying an American made RC car. At least half of it.

Associated, I'm calling you out! Your electronics suck! Why the O.G. associated sold out, I'm not sure... but a message to the new associated - Get your shit together, your tarnishing what was the best company in RC.

Even though my avitar might be a frog - I'm an associated fan and second generation RC - My pops hangs his head low when he see's your Quality Control go to sh*! makes me sad. wish i could have been there in 70's when R&D was the name of the game, not child labor.

Seriously, Good Luck WCRC raceway. I wish you the best.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Danny, congratulations on the track! I can't wait to race there.

There is going to be a ton of opinions offered to you here but always remember it's your track and you decide what is best for it. See you at the Grand Opening!
Old 10-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Congratulations on your efforts. It will be great to more tracks popping up. I would not worry about the race nights. A Wed. Fri. Sun. schedule seems to be the most popular schedule for electric indoor. Congrats again, and I can't wait to come and try it out.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Danny, Good luck with opening another So cal track.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

you might be more unique if you were on-road, just a thought
Old 10-31-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Seriously, don't let anyone tell you that your racing schedule conflicts with this track or that track and you're doomed to fail because of it. That's a load of horsepucky...both OC/RC and Hot Rod's are an hour drive away.

As long as you promote the place aggressively, it'll grow and you'll get all the "tweeners" who only drive an hour or more to Hot Rod's or OC/RC because they have no other choice.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Thanks to all who have given their opinion on this thread. Regarding our schedule, there is nothing set in stone but I'm not conserned about racing the same days as OCRC because this is the best schedule available for an R/C track and it's been proven. I don't think someone can race on Tuesday at our facility and then race on Wednesday at OCRC, plus what about the weekends? I know OCRC has raised the bar with regards to indoor offroad tracks and they are above and beyond the best track in so. cal. I'm not trying to compete with OCRC because I don't start a business thinking about being #2. We are opening a great facilty which will show for its self when open. The goal of being in this industry is to work together and not as enemies. Although I consider all your opinions, I hope you can understand that my goal towards opening this track is giving you more of a variety and opportunity for the industry to become what it was in the 90's.

Should I race tuesday, thursday, and saturday, I don't think so. That's just crazy. I'm sorry that OCRC used socal's hours which is best for everyone, but what should I do? Work around OCRC's schedule? That's not how business works! Upon opening this facility, I am not accomidating my hours to another tracks due to the fact that we are not next door to OCRC. I don't cosider OCRC as my competition, they have a great facility and like I said have set the bar.

I have consolted with many people in this industry over the past months and i'm not saying pro drivers, people who have owned tracks and currently still do. If anyone knows me, they know the fact that I'm very competative and will build a great track and facility. I also know that OCRC has their locals and that they will be there even if I open a track with 24K gold tables due to the fact that OCRC has been good to all of them. If it weren't for OCRC I wouldn't be here talking to you so I have to give that. Stop comparing us to OCRC because we will be completely different and bring a different environment to the hobby.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

That's the right attitude to have! I'm looking forward to the opening.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 203 votes, 2.39 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.