Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > California Racing
Bending Corners Raceways, Carpet, Asphalt, We got it! >

Bending Corners Raceways, Carpet, Asphalt, We got it!

Bending Corners Raceways, Carpet, Asphalt, We got it!

Old 08-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
No foam tire sedan class?
ya
the whole nation runs foams on tc. So much faster then rubber. come on raff get with the program
Old 08-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RAL
12th Scale!!!! "It's on like Donkey Kong!" Ultimate better stock up on Jack the Gripper and foams!! Less than a month till showtime!!!
Hells Yeah!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TireShredder
Touring Cars will be required to run Rubbers RP 30's
Foams will be allowed for ovals, 12th scale and 18t's - additional info to follow.

This IS a mistake, right?! There WILL be foam TC, right!? ***holding breath***
Old 08-18-2006, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default The Track Needs Attendance Most Importantly

Originally Posted by howard hudson
ya
the whole nation runs foams on tc. So much faster then rubber. come on raff get with the program
I support Raffel in his choice of rubber tires for Sedan. He needs a lot of racers to support his ideas and rubber tires makes it easy to race two days on the weekends. Minor setup changes from high bite asphalt, ex. no switching chasis or needing to run sway bars or needing a second car for that matter. I agree foam is nice on carpet but maybe if attendance is high and he has not scared away the novice/intermediate racers with foam we then can phase into a foam tire class. There is always foam for 12th scale.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There goes practice for the Vegas race
Old 08-19-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TRESFR
I support Raffel in his choice of rubber tires for Sedan. He needs a lot of racers to support his ideas and rubber tires makes it easy to race two days on the weekends. Minor setup changes from high bite asphalt, ex. no switching chasis or needing to run sway bars or needing a second car for that matter. I agree foam is nice on carpet but maybe if attendance is high and he has not scared away the novice/intermediate racers with foam we then can phase into a foam tire class. There is always foam for 12th scale.
so whats wrong with having both foam and rubber classes??
Old 08-19-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Relax gents, He just forgot to include foam for TC in that statement. He's on it!

Edit: He's just stating the rubber tire the MUST be ran for those running rubber.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

RELAX!? I'm perfectly calm...ehheheh.

Don't misunderstand me, I am as STOKED as everyone else at the thought of having another permanent track in So Cal, especially a carpet track!! I just expected that it would be foam, as the majority of carpet races (Nats, Cleveland, Snowbirds, etc) are foam....and yes, IIC has both foam and rubber classes.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865
Default Foam & Rubber

J Filipow - we've got cha. Additional information will be issued addressing Foam Tires for TC but we didn't want everyone running up to their local hobby store purchasing foams and then read the class requirements and discover that they could not run foams. Basically, there will be limited classes allowed to run foam. I believe, but I'm not 100% as this was not my area of detail, that there will be foam tires in the Expert & Pro classes only.
- RP 24's & RP 30's will be the spec rubber tires for novice and sportman classes.
- Ride height minimum is 5mm
- There will be a required tech inspection for every car of every race.

Did you subscribe to the mailing list? Once all of the information is worked out, you will get the FINAL INFORMATION on all of your questions.

- 2 WEEKS TO CARPET AND WE ARE ON SCHEDULE -

[email protected]
Old 08-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

In my opinion foam sucks Rubber will last muuuuuch longer and is funner to drive... car setup is more important, and you don't have to true the stupid tires I believe that this year the Stockton track is going to do rubber for all TC classes except mod which will be foam (like the prior 5 years!) Last year becasue of the nats they tried to make all classes foam, but the lower level guys hated it, so they opened up rubber classes which effectively cut all thier heats in 1/2... some would do rubber and some would do foam, neither class having a full heat... seriously now how fun is stock foam???
Old 08-21-2006, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
In my opinion foam sucks Rubber will last muuuuuch longer and is funner to drive... car setup is more important, and you don't have to true the stupid tires I believe that this year the Stockton track is going to do rubber for all TC classes except mod which will be foam (like the prior 5 years!) Last year becasue of the nats they tried to make all classes foam, but the lower level guys hated it, so they opened up rubber classes which effectively cut all thier heats in 1/2... some would do rubber and some would do foam, neither class having a full heat... seriously now how fun is stock foam???

seriously now how fun is stock ???
Old 08-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

In my opinion I think it's hella fun, tighter racing and better battles... not to say 19 and mod don't battle, stocks just easier
Old 08-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
In my opinion I think it's hella fun, tighter racing and better battles... not to say 19 and mod don't battle, stocks just easier
to each his own !
Old 08-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rubber tires are for asphalt
Old 08-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by D_Ames
Rubber tires are for asphalt
and stock is for SISSIES!!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.