• 1 Post By konasubs

Need some input on Transaction please

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 342 (100%+)
Default Need some input on Transaction please

Morning,
I purchased xray xb4 2014 from NW_racer a week ago. It arrived promptly because we are both on West coast....cool. Of course the buggy is 3 years old. bottom chassis shows just a lil wear. After further review and having opened up front dif case, car had been almost drenched in water. EVERY bear so far is full of rust and unusable. (Fast Eddy's bearing kit $25). Front axle not attached to inner pinion because screw was wrong thread pitch so inside case and structural rail in front of case damaged. Also, can"t get into dif because screws stripped(2 of them). All outdrives and dog bones in good shape. Haven't gotten into rear or shocks yet.

I immediately communicated with the techie. He didn't respond to 1st concerning text that bearings were toast. I texted again yesterday after finding inner dif case issues. He admitted he had car a month and never opened up dif case and car ran fine. I humbly told him NO way this car ran fine with most bearings locking up upon spinning. I asked him for a partial refund. I'm willing to eat bearing cost because car is used and I would eventually replace, but bought new dif case, pinion, slipper pads, slipper drive pins(wrong ones/to small installed), and spur that was chummed on 1 side. I asked for $50 bucks. guts of dif were good and I paid for new O rings.
These older 1st/2nd gen's aren't worth that much BUT parts are still on the pricey side. Am I out of line guys? I haven't heard back from him nor have I left feedback yet. Thanks for your input. Need objective/subjective thoughts from some other folks. Have a good day.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

If it was just the bearings than I would say no biggie. But the problems you describe is of a car that has been completely neglected. How did the seller describe the car? Excellent cond? Great? Or "needs work". I don't think you're out of line asking for the partial unless he said needs work. He sold you a hoopty. He needs to make it right.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Sounds like he gave it a serious bath by submerging it in water and letting it sit for a while.

Was the exterior extremely clean like this might have been the case?

For the official record, this is the ad?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...pet-tires.html
Old 10-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for posts. He only has 4 ratings and 1 was trade but 2 were sales with one from a techie I know. He sent me pics on my phone and bottom of chassis looked and is clean along with arms. I do believe him that he only had a month. Inside dif support housing was dry? when I finally got dif open it had new dif oil so I know its been serviced. I didn't see rust in screws from pics and it was obviously soaked in soapy water BECAUSE most screw wells had rusty water residue. I will make lemonade out of this. I just wanted to make sure I am justified in asking for money to fix dif and spur/pads. I will eat the rest. Gonna be a rad lil turf buggy. That is the correct add you copied. I let him keep 1 set of saddles and all tires. He sent me a newer set of orion saddles that came with slider BUT were fully charged up ...luckily they weren't puffed and they storage charged fine in an amount of time I would expect for new fully charged saddles.
TIME MACHINE likes this.

Last edited by konasubs; 10-08-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

After finding missing shims, broken shimes in shocks and different pistons in each front shock ( 2 hole in one and 3 hole on another) and leaving him 2 more texts asking for a partial refund, I was forced to leave negative feedback. I decided not to file partial PP claim. I feel he would want car back and I have rebuilt front end. It is part way to lemonade. Tx again for those who responded...
KA2AEV likes this.

Last edited by konasubs; 10-10-2017 at 01:41 PM.