Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Beware of a guy named francisco/frank cardoso >

Beware of a guy named francisco/frank cardoso

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Beware of a guy named francisco/frank cardoso

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 09:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Beware of a guy named francisco/frank cardoso

I had purchased what I thought was a losi 8ight 4.0. I am new to the sport and apparently new to knowing I have to change my setting to goods and services on paypal. So turns out it was a gifted payment of $270, which sounded too good to be true anyway. He explained he was into nitro and just wanted it gone. So long story short, he has the money, I have a bogus tracking, no response from him and no car. Going to pursue legal options and police report, but heads up if you hear this name. He will scam you. Pretty crappie this was a birthday gift for my 10 year old boy, now no car and no money to buy him one. Feel like a crappy dad, and stupid for not knowing the correct way to send money. Didn't think I would have to worry about scammed and just idiot loser people on a rc car website, but I guess they are everywhere. He'll get his, karma is a bitch.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Do you have an actual user name for him? Meaning what's is name on this site?

*EDIT*....you likely don't have one since you posted your phone number in your WTB thread.

Last edited by racer1812; 03-01-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...gy-roller.html

#1 mistake! You posted your phone number on an open forum. Anyone in the world can view this site and your post. There's ZERO way to tell if the person you dealt with is even a member here. I'm not saying you are, but you can't blame RCTech for this guy finding you.

#2..There are no "settings" to change in PayPal when sending money, not that I've ever seen. EVERY TIME I send money I must select either 'goods/services' or 'friends/family'. PayPal explains the difference, and our rules on this site (if you read them) makes it very clear that you are not send payment that way.

#3..the generic name you listed means nothing. A hundred PP addresses could have some form of that name associated with it. What's the actual PP address you sent the money to?????

I'm sorry you lost your money but in the end..you burned yourself.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you had your paypal linked to a credit card to make the payment, it usually meets their fraud requirements, despite Paypal's policy on the matter.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by racer1812
Do you have an actual user name for him? Meaning what's is name on this site?

*EDIT*....you likely don't have one since you posted your phone number in your WTB thread.
Yes no username, he probably isn't a member. I'm not here to get flamed, I'm here to say watch out if you see this guy. That's all. Lesson learned.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SHIVAN
If you had your paypal linked to a credit card to make the payment, it usually meets their fraud requirements, despite Paypal's policy on the matter.
Unfortunately I had 200 in my PayPal Balance and 70 from Bank so I can go to the bank and dispute the 70. The 200 I heard I'll need a police report for, which I will get.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Volcrano
Yes no username, he probably isn't a member. I'm not here to get flamed, I'm here to say watch out if you see this guy. That's all. Lesson learned.
For the second time..What's the PP address you sent the money to???

Jim, Joe, Bob, Larry , or Curly..does me no good without a PP address
Old 03-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Tech Initiate

[email protected]

That's his paypal so if you see it.. also, I didn't blame rc tech for anything.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:11 AM
Tech Initiate

P.s. the situation is bad enough without you being a d. I don't see anywhere on here where I asked to be reprimanded. I told my story, learned how to do it correctly, and warned others. That's all.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Volcrano: Something to keep in mind about online communications, there is no context on "how" someone is saying something, just our interpretation of what is actually written.

Sorry for your loss on that amount and hope it works out for you.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

P.s. the situation is bad enough without you being a d. I don't see anywhere on here where I asked to be reprimanded. I told my story, learned how to do it correctly, and warned others. That's all.
The moderator here (racer1812) is just trying to help anyway he can. Yes, you sent money the wrong way but lesson learned and we all like to here about scammers like this.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

[email protected]

That's his paypal so if you see it.. also, I didn't blame rc tech for anything.
I'm not trying to flame you, and I never said you were blaming RCT. But I asked about the PP address and you didn't post it until the second time I asked. I'm sorry you lost your money. But it's only fair to others to show the mistakes you made so that they can protect themselves in the future.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Agreed.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Agreed.
Hey volcrano i sent u a pm

Last edited by amospetrie; 03-01-2017 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-01-2017, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I am new to the sport and apparently new to knowing I have to change my setting to goods and services on paypal.
As already stated, there is no "settings" for payment type.

The thing that doesn't make any sense to me after reading your story is, why send money as "friends and family"? New or not, you selected "friends and family" for some reason. I'm pretty sure that even if it was your first time ever buying anything online, you would be aware of the difference in methods. If some stranger who I never met before contacted me out of the blue by email or text or whatever, I would in no way, shape, or form consider that person a friend or family member. However, if I was giving $200+ to a complete strangers for an rc car, I would 100% consider that as "goods or services".

Not that it really matters at this point. Just saying that it seems like you're leaving something out of the story. My money would be on him asking you to use that method to pay and you, being new, said OK. That would be understandable. Saying you have to change your paypal settings, not so much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.