Wiki Posts
Search

Seller refusing refund

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 07:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default Seller refusing refund

Got a truck Wednesday. Went to the track right off the bat to see it run. Got there and put the motor in and setup everything to hear the diff screech as soon as I pulled the trigger. Local pro said it needs to be replaced. Well great.

So I go home and decide to rip it apart and make sure everything is even there. What I find is a bunch of missing parts, missing screws, and broken parts that he conveniently left out pics of. So I make a list of all these parts and the total jumps to $118 in order for me to get it to the state he said it was with included parts. I offer him to pay a refund of $60 and I will pay the rest to fix it.

He responds with he found some parts but from what he's saying that he found it's only going to reduce the price of what I need to buy by $18 and that it's used and I shouldn't expect it to be perfect and that he would send the parts he found. He also said he would pay a partial refund for a new diff and the part(as if it was just one) that's missing so he must of had an idea of parts were missing because he asked me for a parts lists even after I sent it to him but knew something was still missing. By the end of the message he tells me he's not refunding my money after I took it apart because I must of been ok with it to take it apart. I could of dealt with just a diff rebuild, I'm not dealing with having to pay over $100 just to get this truck to the condition he said it was in. At that point I could of just purchased the kit and used electronics I already own.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 342 (100%+)

Well it is true with many of us that we want to fix items BUT I would have messaged him immediately after going to track and "local pro" said dif is dead. This is what paypal is for.....Does this person have a rating? I would reassemble exactly how you received carefully, give him one more chance to make amends, then file claim....hopefully you used PayPal...also, copy link to original post so we can see description of vehicle....Did it say did was done or needs rebuilding?
Old 11-11-2016, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I assume your dispute is over something you bought here through RCTECH? If that is the case, is this it?

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...si-2wd-sc.html Edit: This is not the disputed vehicle.

Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 11-11-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:04 AM
Tech Rookie

He has a rating and a good one. It's back together and sitting in the box waiting to go home. He said it was in good condition and from the description it's race ready to me. I'm done waiting for him as I have already escalated this in paypal. I could of purchased a different truck off site and regret not doing so now.

It keeps telling me I don't have enough posts to post a link but yes, it is from this forum. No it is not the losi truck. That truck is running fantastic and my son loves it. I liked it so much I wanted something to match my rb6. Truck in question is a kyosho sc6.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:33 AM
Tech Rookie

I would like to clarify that I went home from the track and messaged him about the diff immediately. I messaged him again later that night to tell him about the missing and broken parts. His first response was a very condescending email about he got it used and had to buy the parts so they should be there.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Typically when a deal goes bad through RCTECH and it ends up here on the dispute thread, it is a good idea to post a link to the thread/posts showing where the item was for sale. If it was a deal only conducted through Personal Messages, you would want to involve the RCTECH.NET moderators as they have full access to all modified AND unmodified messages between members.

If one of the people posts in the dispute thread they are highly encourage to notify the other person that there is a thread in this forum discussing the deal AND provide them a link. This gives both parties a chance to tell their side of the story.

At this point it is not okay to provide any personal information such as real name, email addresses, or phone numbers.

And finally, the moderators/admins of this forum are the best place to start if you have ANY dispute/problem with another member of the forums
Old 11-11-2016, 09:10 AM
Tech Rookie

I am not allowed to post a link. This is what I get when I try.

Quick Reply
The following errors occurred with your submission
You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made a certain number of posts. You have not reached that limit yet.

I'm not trying to be sneaky or underhanded and I have sent the seller a link to this in PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 342 (100%+)

I agree with what INDYRC says....RACER1812 is the moderator. Send him a PM....best of luck
Old 11-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Tech Rookie

So Paypal already made a decision and they decided in his favor. Looks like I learned a valuable lesson. Don't buy anything used you can't see in person. Guess you can sell people non working shit and paypal will side with the seller. I made mistakes on parts and learned it's going to cost even more money than I originally thought to restore it. I got hosed and won't be using this forum again to buy anything again. Yeah, it was one bad buy, but it'going to cost me way more than I ever intended to spend. At this point I could of got the kit and some upgrades.

Race ready my fucking ass.

I honestly can't even begin to express my anger with this whole situation.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:32 PM
Tech Rookie

After a lot of yelling at people on the phone I spoke to someone and the decision was made because I took it apart to find other things wrong with it.

Complete and utter bullshit. I gave the seller a bad rating. I don't care if I get one back. Just wanted to leave this info here for future buyers to know that even when you get screwed on a buy you're not always protected with paypal.
Old 11-11-2016, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheJigga
After a lot of yelling at people on the phone I spoke to someone and the decision was made because I took it apart to find other things wrong with it.

Complete and utter bullshit. I gave the seller a bad rating. I don't care if I get one back. Just wanted to leave this info here for future buyers to know that even when you get screwed on a buy you're not always protected with paypal.
Once the Mods see the language you're using here on family oriented site, you won't be here long so you won't have to worry about doing more business!!!
Old 11-11-2016, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheJigga
So Paypal already made a decision and they decided in his favor. Looks like I learned a valuable lesson. Don't buy anything used you can't see in person. Guess you can sell people non working shit and paypal will side with the seller. I made mistakes on parts and learned it's going to cost even more money than I originally thought to restore it. I got hosed and won't be using this forum again to buy anything again. Yeah, it was one bad buy, but it'going to cost me way more than I ever intended to spend. At this point I could of got the kit and some upgrades.

Race ready my fucking ass.

I honestly can't even begin to express my anger with this whole situation.
did you request a partial refund?

it seems to me from reading threads like this one, that you stand a much better chance of winning your dispute if you ask for a complete refund for "item condition not as described". when people ask for partial refund in a dispute it's a crapshoot, whereas when people ask for a full refund, there seems to be a much better chance of winning.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...g-schelle.html

So, what all is missing and broken?
Old 11-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

It's a diff, its a wear item. It's also something that can be adjusted depending on what motor you run.

If it's a gear diff, new gears are <$5 the last time I looked. They also fail and strip regularly.

$118 buys a lot of parts....
Old 11-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i personally think it's your responsibility to catalog the items as they come in and notify the owner of issues prior to use. Hitting the track to me means you've accepted the truck for what it was and its pretty much on you. Ball diff's (new or used) need adjustment and slipping can be fixed, rings can be flipped, rebuilds are relatively cheap. It's hard not to plug in a new toy and just go at it but alittle due diligence up front goes a long way.

giving the seller time to state his case or the mods time to weigh in before you left negative feedback is generally appreciated as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.