Wiki Posts
Search

Look out for Ed or Sing Ng

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2001, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Look out for Ed or Sing Ng

I bought a supposedly new in the box Hitec HS945 servo from this guy. When I got it, it had the tips of the case screws sticking out the top and the horn screw was missing!!. I paid him $75 for this $85 servo, so I expected it to be NIB. Well, at the time I didn't feel like going through the trouble of complaining, so being a nice guy, I put it away until I got my new MF XXX-T. I was really enjoying putting the truck together until I got to the part about installing the servo. I figured out why the screw was missing! They guy had stripped the top of the horn out at least 4 threads deep. I emailed him and he said I musta done it. Well, to keep the story straight and to let you know how I feel about the deal, here's what I replied to him-

You sent me a servo with stripped threads and you knew that when I found the stripped threads you could say
I did it and there would be no way to prove I didn't. I'm an ASE certified master technician. I've had a wrench
in my hands since I was 12. You can rest assured I didn't strip those threads or any other threads in the last 10 years.
I don't even strip the threads in the plastic parts.

Let me explain something- I don't want your money. I don't want a refund or for you to pay for the parts.
I simply want everyone to know that you are a cheat. This way nobody can accuse me of trying to get
something that's not coming to me. With nothing to gain, I have no reason to falsely accuse you.

You are busted- and everyone will know about it.

That's the truth. Many of the people here have dealth with me or are my customers and know that I shoot people straight. I would never jeopardize my relationship with customers or potential customers and in fact, I want all my r/c buddies to know to watch out for this guy.

Old 10-15-2001, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

J- I say we go find the guy and show him how its done in Arkansas. You could of used that $75 for a brand new Futaba 9404. It's metal geared, dual bb, water resistant and coreless. They're about $75 at our hobbytown USA(that's including our sponorship discount). Below are the specs-

FUTM0104 S9404 Coreless BB 0.79 x 1.54 x 1.47
1.94-weight
79.2-torque in oz.}@6.0v
0.11sec.-speed/60degree }@6.0V
FCS3401 FGS9404 gas, off, on
High torque and high speed for cars and boats; alloy gear; gold plated connectors; coreless motor