trade question need opinion

Old 12-13-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default trade question need opinion

I have a delima and I wanted to run it past the public

I traded a Clodzilla 4 for a revo with os .18

The other guy does not like the clod

He says he does not think its worth what he traded for and wants to trade back, so I guess I am. But I want your opions

I trade a clod zilla 4 chassi ESP cantilever kit and maxx shocks with super rooster and 19 turn trinity monster horse power motors and 6 D cell pack and land rover body. I told him it was 90% upgraded, it has only the stock tires and gear boxes. and futaba 2154 servos 4ws

he says its slow and the chassi looks home made, thinks the cantilever kit is cheap, says that the battery looked like it arched to the reciever plate. and wants to trade back, I made him ship first because I am weary of all trades, but I guess I have to trade back since he does not like it

what do you think?

pix of truck
HTTP://users.adelphia.net/~tjjohnson2/cz412.JPG
HTTP://users.adelphia.net/~tjjohnson2/cz422.JPG
HTTP://users.adelphia.net/~tjjohnson2/cz432.JPG

Last edited by pcnutz; 12-13-2005 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

this is what he said word 4 word

I am very unhappy with this trade.For a truck that you said is 90%
upgraded.It doesn't do anything well.I feel that I sent you $320 worth of revo
and got.A pair of used stock axles$80,A set of wore out motors?,A esc $90,wheels
and tires $40,a chassis that seems homemade of wore out it really doesn't work
well the way it is setup.A couple $10 servos and a battery that has been dead
shorted at least once probably often and no good.The clod will not climb
anything as it sits.It will not steer.I ahve 2 futaba 9451 sevos on a TXT that
work fine on the same Y connector.If you had sent me this clod before I sent you
th revo I would have sent right back to you.Since I did the opposite abd waited
I guess I'm the one who may get screwsed in this deal.I would like you to send
the revo back to me and I will send you the clod.Or if you would like to keep
the revo and send me $70 I would be willing to keep the clod.Let me know how you
want to handle this.Honestly,For a truck with 90% upgrades this thing is very
incapable.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Its a tough call but I dont know that I would trade back.. and if I did then they would be responsible for all shipping and whatever fees their were.

I'm curious to hear what others have to say but I am leaning towards not trading back.. its not like they didnt know what they were getting..
Old 12-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you made him ship first you should trade back but make him ship back first, ensure all is as it was sent out then send out yourself.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

if those are the pics that you sent him then he knew what he was getting so i wouldnt trade back.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It is a hard call, but if you feel that you did him no wrong, then tell him to pound salt up his a@@. However, if you really feel that maybe he is right in some respect, that the clod was'nt all that, then compromise and offer $40. If he does'nt take it and still wants $70, then tell him to take it or forget everything.
Only you, PCNUTZ, are the only one who can make this call since it was your truck, and only you knew the condition of it when you sent it.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:26 PM

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Trading is trading. I have traded before and asked for DETAILED pics and a DETAILED description. A trade is a trade. If you feel you sent good pics, a good description and answered all of his questions honestly.....the deal is done. On trades each party in my opinion should have asked all questions and he was obviously satisfied with what you were sending, or the Revo would not have been shipped.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

He sounds like he's up front about not liking the trade,Offer him $50 and keep the revo.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree with maxxman if those are the pics that you sent the guy,he knew what the truck was,so I don't think I would loose any sleep over the deal and just tell him to enjoy his new clod!!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Packfan....I have a 67 Mustang sitting out back.(NO, it's NOT for sale) However, the body is mint, interior decent, motor is chromed to the nines, and if I sent you pics, you would want it in a second, BUT, the floors and torque boxes are shot, Tranny and motor are scrap. Pictures maybe worth a thousand words, but those words can also be lies.
I'm not saying PCNUTZ lied, all I'm saying is pictures do'nt always tell you the whole story. You are right, questions should be asked, but if you do'nt ask the right ones.....
Old 12-13-2005, 06:47 PM

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

Thats why trading is part of the "gamble we take" on the boards. Each party must be sure what they are trading for is what they want and worth their trade. By the way....If that was a '70 SS454 Chevelle we could talk....I am a chevy guy
Old 12-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

I offered for him to ship the motor back to me for inspection, I know they run, but, if it would satisfy him I will pay my LHS 10$ to rebuild them, and give him another used battery with 5$ for shipping the motors

lmk what you think

Last edited by pcnutz; 12-13-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

well I got an email cussing me out when I asked him to ship my truck back first agian and he refused

Last edited by pcnutz; 12-14-2005 at 07:17 AM.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

If he's not willing to ship the truck back first it sounds like he has something to hide, or he's planning to do you over, not saying he will but if i were you i wouldn't do it, Sounds very risky . Is hes a reputable seller on here or a newbie. If his post count is down and he hasn't had many deals tell him to go fish
Old 12-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Did you ask him to ship the truck back or the motors for inspection? If you said "Ok I will send you back your item but will need you to first send me my truck" then it seems he may be trying to pull something over and you should hold your ground, if you said the thing about having your lhs rebuild the motors if I were him I would be ticked too.

Basically I agree with crashnburn, pics dont always tell the full story and as this is a hobby do we really want to put a bad taste in people's mouths? Give him the chance to undo the trade if he isn't happy but stand firm and require that he first ship you back your original item.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.