Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Why I'll never deal with LasagnaCat again >

Why I'll never deal with LasagnaCat again

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why I'll never deal with LasagnaCat again

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 03:01 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It's a given that used items for sale include the possibilty of bargaining or giving offers.

If offers offend you, then state "firm price" or "no offers accepted"
Old 09-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 403forbidden
It's a given that used items for sale include the possibilty of bargaining or giving offers.

If offers offend you, then state "firm price" or "no offers accepted"
Check some of my old for sale threads. I'd put that in GIANT RED LETTERS and it wouldn't help.

Most people respect that, or at least read that and think it applies to them. A handful of bottomfeeders here just ignore it and ask anyway. Seriously, posting something like that has almost no effect. Just as pointless as "NO TRADES" - you still get someone that will ask if you'll trade. You even get the mix of the two.. "I know you said "price is firm," but would you take....?" There's simply no effective way of getting that across. The price I offered was less the esc was (imho) worth. The sticking point on my end was that he had seemingly *no* idea what he was trying to buy, but he felt the need to try to "negotiate" anyway. How do you make an offer for something when you don't even know what it is? It's safe to say that if I sent him a price of $10, he would have offered $5. A lot of people do that here, even if the original price is fair or good. That's when I said no, I'm not going to sell something to someone that I feel doesn't understand what they're buying... that's asking for more grief later on. It's not the fact that he sent a lowball offer - those give me a good laugh and I delete them and it's done and forgotten. It's the entire experience... he simply didn't seem to understand the model, the condtion, the entire thing. It's okay here for buyers to be uncertain about sellers, why is it wrong for a seller to have a funny feeling about a buyer? Again, it was total picture... the sale did NOT fall through only on price. That's just when an already weird situation reached the point where I was 100% sure I wanted to nix the deal.

And sour grapes in, sour whine out. He was all fired up and ready to send the payment until I told him it was no longer for sale. He sent me several more PM's after that point, so anything referenced after I said no I don't include as a request or relative factor. After I stopped replying and he had a "feelings ouchie" is the point when it suddenly became a "busted" esc with all sorts of problems and unacceptable pics and the like and he felt it necessary to take the time to dig up old threads and post... sour grapes. If it takes him trying to make other people feel small to make himself feel big, go for it. It didn't work here, I'm quite happy with my decision and would (and probably will) say no to odd buyers in the future.

9-27 - Just a minor addition...

Wyldthing... there's really nothing to resolve here. Not selling the esc was a dead issue on this end once I said no. Not all sales work out, they're done and you move on. On a personal level, there was never a problem on my end at any point through the PM exchanges. The "busted esc" bit was a bit childish, and that needed to be addressed. I don't own junk, I don't sell junk, I added my .02 about the esc and it's over on my end. The biggest problem with a thread and public forum like this is that a buyer can say almost anything they want (often without proof) and the herd mentality so often present is for most readers to automatically side with the buyer and to take their word as gospel. If a buyer posts something wrong and the seller gets ticked and replies with even the slightest bit of annoyance in a post, the seller has a "bad attitude." How dare a seller (or buyer) get angry when someone says something that's not completely true or in some cases posts outright lies? If you let it go without reply, people assume it's all true. If you do reply and deny anything, they assume you're lying (if only because the other party posted *first*.) There are many no win situations when dealing with a text driven forum, and yes.. they are part of the total package, like them or not.

Last edited by LasagnaCat; 09-27-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Old 09-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Old 09-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxx-breaker
WOODMAN---You are the perfect little bitch!!!..ALL YOU FUCKING DO ALL DAD IS TRY TO GET INTO OTHER PEOPELS BUISNESS. He was one of the first people to reply about me being a bad seller. He has replied to about everyones thread, and there is nothing good said on any of them. Hes worthless, and a problem starter. And i haop i run into you at a bar one day, or atleast someone does. And beats the hell out of you. And lasgnacat, i believe you and i dotn believe anyone else on this thread. Sounds like that guy was trying to rush you, and kept bothering you, and beong very impatient. What a joke, peace
Reported. Hopefully he'll be someone else's problem before long.

Scottrik
Old 09-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Lasagnacat,

YGPM

Scottrik,

I've already been in contact with mods/admins. His days are numbered.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:36 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Check some of my old for sale threads. I'd put that in GIANT RED LETTERS and it wouldn't help.

Most people respect that, or at least read that and think it applies to them. A handful of bottomfeeders here just ignore it and ask anyway. Seriously, posting something like that has almost no effect. Just as pointless as "NO TRADES" - you still get someone that will ask if you'll trade. You even get the mix of the two.. "I know you said "price is firm," but would you take....?" There's simply no effective way of getting that across. The price I offered was less the esc was (imho) worth. The sticking point on my end was that he had seemingly *no* idea what he was trying to buy, but he felt the need to try to "negotiate" anyway. How do you make an offer for something when you don't even know what it is? It's safe to say that if I sent him a price of $10, he would have offered $5. A lot of people do that here, even if the original price is fair or good. That's when I said no, I'm not going to sell something to someone that I feel doesn't understand what they're buying... that's asking for more grief later on. It's not the fact that he sent a lowball offer - those give me a good laugh and I delete them and it's done and forgotten. It's the entire experience... he simply didn't seem to understand the model, the condtion, the entire thing. It's okay here for buyers to be uncertain about sellers, why is it wrong for a seller to have a funny feeling about a buyer? Again, it was total picture... the sale did NOT fall through only on price. That's just when an already weird situation reached the point where I was 100% sure I wanted to nix the deal.

And sour grapes in, sour whine out. He was all fired up and ready to send the payment until I told him it was no longer for sale. He sent me several more PM's after that point, so anything referenced after I said no I don't include as a request or relative factor. After I stopped replying and he had a "feelings ouchie" is the point when it suddenly became a "busted" esc with all sorts of problems and unacceptable pics and the like and he felt it necessary to take the time to dig up old threads and post... sour grapes. If it takes him trying to make other people feel small to make himself feel big, go for it. It didn't work here, I'm quite happy with my decision and would (and probably will) say no to odd buyers in the future.
I'm NOT taking sides here, but he(lasagna) does have a point here. It doesn't seem to matter what or how you put different stipulations in your description or requirements, someone ALWAYS ignores them and asks what turns out to be a really stupid question that was already addressed in what you had already wrote on your selling thread!!!
Like I said, not taking sides here, but this has always bugged me too. However, I always try and respond nicely, usually reminding them they need to check my selling description again.
I think it boils down to..... the people that are "regulars" here in buying and selling, tend to get tired of dealing with the people(tirekickers) that don't use their head or their eyes when contacting you, or posting in your thread. But, I also think that it has to be an accepted way of life if you ARE going to buy and sell here....it's just the way it is....lol.
Good luck to both of you getting this resolved.

maxx-breaker........go away.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Interesting, very... interesting...
Old 10-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
Interesting, very... interesting...
Yes, interesting. I had an issue (my mistake) with a buyer that was immediately corrected. The keyword there is 'mistake.' Even the original poster will tell you it was an honest mistake, which was again.. corrected.

Also interesting how I was in the same situation with you as the seller, and you blew me off and left me hanging. That *is* interesting. Almost as interesting as the juvenile act of digging up an old thread of mine because I left you negative feedback. Grow up.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132399

Here's why he left the above bump/post... classy. Also, the difference in situations is that Ben/Bschorr lied to me repeatedly in our transaction. That was intentional, and that's the big difference.

Last edited by LasagnaCat; 10-09-2006 at 08:46 PM.