Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can people here not read?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 10:43 AM
Tech Initiate

This happen's a lot and it just bother's me, I get ask'ed the year of my 1:1 car so many times that I got a license plate with the year on it because I get this question at least 30 times at a one day show.

Then when I point it out to them they seem to get mad at me. I mean come on and open your eye's! You were just staring at the front of my car for 2 minutes.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thesmogman
This happen's a lot and it just bother's me, I get ask'ed the year of my 1:1 car so many times that I got a license plate with the year on it because I get this question at least 30 times at a one day show.

Then when I point it out to them they seem to get mad at me. I mean come on and open your eye's! You were just staring at the front of my car for 2 minutes.

You need to hire a grid girl to hold a sign up for you with the year on it.

http://cdn-4.motorsport.com/static/i...34684/s1_1.jpg

one of those in front of your car, wont have to worry about any further questions.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Haha, I saw an add last night, it was capped, bolded and in "Red/ ELECTRONICS NOT INCLUDED"
Old 10-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookie
Haha, I saw an add last night, it was capped, bolded and in "Red/ ELECTRONICS NOT INCLUDED"
Well sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do lol...
Old 10-10-2015, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My trader rating would be better than double if feedback was left by all I sold to. I even had a buyer almost get rude over me asking if they recieved the purchased item. Saps if he was unhappy I would have known. Overlooking the fact that I cared either way. I feel buyers have responsibilities.takes 2 to make a deal.sellers work is first and buyers SHOULD follow up.I always leave feedback. May take a bit cuz I'm on the road alot. But I always try to. I think some have forgotten why we leave feedback.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Why can't a seller send a short pm asking if the item is what the buyer expected? Why does the buyer have to bear all the responsibly on followup? No reason not too I can think of. Like I said before I have left sellers feedback only to hear crickets from them. So...Maybe their too busy making the next deal?
Old 10-10-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Why does the buyer have to bear all the responsibly on followup?
He's the one that needs to be satisfied. Seller did his part and is happy, now the buyer needs to be satisfied. Up to him to respond if he's not.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

I disagree. Nothing says a seller can't check on a sell, "I saw you got the truck, everything look ok?". If he described condition well, he has no reason to think good FB isn't coming. My last seller checked up, AFTER I left him good feedback. Whatever guys. I won't be leaving first FB anymore, not after the last two of three sellers didn't bother leaving me any. Nope.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I thought it quite common for buyer to leave feedback first. Seller can't truly leave honest feedback till buyer says he is happy.can't call it a smooth transaction or easy deal till then.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by flou
I thought it quite common for buyer to leave feedback first. Seller can't truly leave honest feedback till buyer says he is happy.can't call it a smooth transaction or easy deal till then.
Why not? If the seller is honest on condition, received his funds, shipped quickly, why does he have to wait? He did his part. Withholding FB in "case" the buyer isn't happy or you forgot to completely describe the condition, is bull.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

When I put something up for sale, I get it ready to sell and take a picture of only what is for sale. I do my best up front to not add to the confusion out there.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Why not? If the seller is honest on condition, received his funds, shipped quickly, why does he have to wait? He did his part. Withholding FB in "case" the buyer isn't happy or you forgot to completely describe the condition, is bull.
SMH Really, you're asking why? I'll tell you why. Not all buyers deserve positive feedback, that's why. Why should I leave a buyer feedback unless I know they're happy with the item? You tend to give your two cents on most threads in here. Have you forgotten how many of those threads were BUYERS who turned out to be either scammers or completely unpleasable PITA?

I've had at least 2 buyers that I've contacted after the sale asking if they received the items, even though tracking showed they were delivered. I never heard back from them. No reply to the PM, no feedback. Should I really leave them positive buyer feedback?

This horse is so dead only the bones are left.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Lol since my issues have been with sellers leaving FB, X2 on my recent deals as well. I would say it's as much a problem on them, as buyers by experience. You'll also see as many sellers selling crappy trucks as well and buyers posting problem threads. I would say it's a mix of both, buyers AND sellers. But I'll give you kudos, at least you checked tracking to make sure they got it. Yeah this is certainly a dead horse.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

It's all about c-o-m-m-u-n-i-c-a-t-i-o-n.

Buyers says "I paid him, my part is done"

Sellers says "I shipped it, my part is done"

They're both wrong.

In a GOOD transaction with good communication, the buyer is the last one to respond letting the seller know that things arrived and they are satisfied, IMO. I've posted this MULTIPLE times. Once someone sends me money, I PM them saying I got it and once I "know" they received the item and they're happy I will leave them feedback. I DON'T say they need to leave me feedback first. I say they need to let me know. I've never had anyone PM me saying "hey got it, everything's great" and not leave feedback. IF they did I would leave them positive feedback and reply saying "it would be great if they could do the same".

In my position, I vet all my buyers and sellers. Most likely more than anyone.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Yes sir, exactly. The buyer carries as much responsibility as the seller. Lmao, I looked to see how many deals I had on Ebay just now, 493 100% Member since: Jul 08, 2010. And that's not counting dozens who withheld FB in retaliation, because they sold something not as described, took forever to ship, had to refund and I left them neutral or neg. I also had this issue on Ebay and even put this below on my profile lol. And yep, I do have sellers leaving FB first on there, several in just the past week. But just because they beat me to leaving FB. FB is a running issue it seems everywhere, certainly not confined to just RCTech.

My actual profile statement on Ebay from a year or two ago lol:
"Recently, I have had several sellers not bother leaving feedback for a quick prompt transaction for whatever reason. If feedback isn't left at completion of purchase, or for fear of bad buyer feedback, it will be noted on my feedback for you. "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.