Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
USPS Damaged Package and Seller did not insure - Need advice please >

USPS Damaged Package and Seller did not insure - Need advice please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USPS Damaged Package and Seller did not insure - Need advice please

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
Funny how he deleted everything in his ad, the min. it was sold.
That listing was not the one that I had initially posted trouble with. Funny tho the one you found I am still waiting for that one to ship after paying that guy on 09/13/15. So I am having multiple issues at the moment with sellers. But hey if it weren't for bad luck I would have none at all!

Its all good I have dealt with enough shifty sellers in the past that have deleted everything in their post and all the pictorial evidence, that the moment my spidey sense starts tingling I grab a screen shot of the ad and download all of the pics.

The one you found happens to be one of those instances.
Old 09-18-2015, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by racer1812

This is really how he shipped it? WOW!

He (the seller) really needs to read my sig and think about things
Yes sir was not kidding before when I said 1 sheet of bubble wrap Poor packing however is not exclusive to this situation. There are many who fail the packing test here. This one just happens to be my most expensive example of poor packing to date from RC tech. I used to move furniture, and packaging of bowling balls on top of glass in boxes was not uncommon.

And after my two recent purchases that I am having issues with, perhaps I should give it a good read and a long think as well.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Something else to think about. Trying to get USPS to cover an insurance claim is a joke.
I was told the only way to get something covered for damage, they require pics of what was in the box before being shipped, and original receipts for the cost of the item.
I was told there was no way for them to be able to tell what was in the box, let alone the cost.

With the majority of of things being sold on the forums is used, not much chance of them covering a claim. Just my experience with them.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bwillenb
Morning all,

I am done arguing with this guy. Should I just start the paypal refund process? Or am I being unreasonable? Had he spent the $5.00 for insurance or maybe $2.00 on packing material he would not be in this bind, and USPS would be resolving this issue. Who ships $400 dollars worth of merchandise without insurance and boxed with one piece of bubble wrap?

Please any constructive advice on the situation anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.
Bad packaging on sellers part but really, it cost way more than 2 dollars for good packing material. Good packing and doing it right can cost 10 to 15 for something large like that. +1 to not being damaged by usps, seller most likely just sent you garbage.

Originally Posted by racer1812

This is really how he shipped it? WOW!

He (the seller) really needs to read my sig and think about things
Does that really surprise you? I got sent a stadium truck shoved into a large cereal box inside of a slightly larger box. I wish I would have taken pictures. Sad part, it was from some one who was very reputable on here with lots of good feed back.

hahahhaha at caring its a used box, if you package the stuff inside correctly and use a good bit of tape you can send something in a used box. I've used cut down boxes that looked more marginal but have made it in perfect order.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by berwicknitro
Something else to think about. Trying to get USPS to cover an insurance claim is a joke.
I was told the only way to get something covered for damage, they require pics of what was in the box before being shipped, and original receipts for the cost of the item.
I was told there was no way for them to be able to tell what was in the box, let alone the cost.

With the majority of of things being sold on the forums is used, not much chance of them covering a claim. Just my experience with them.
You are mostly correct there. Fortunately on the big dollar items they damaged coming to me I have had ALL of that information. They will actually ask for screen grabs from your bank or PayPal account showing the amount you paid. Then you will also have to take the item to the post office with all the packaging material it came with and reconstruct how it was packed in front of the post master. Then they will take the item and hold it until your claim has been approved or denied. And if denied you better go get it in 20 days or its theirs!

Joke is not the correct way to describe the over all USPS insurance claim processes. I would say its more of a Medieval torture structure meant to discourage you from EVER filing another claim.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
Bad packaging on sellers part but really, it cost way more than 2 dollars for good packing material. Good packing and doing it right can cost 10 to 15 for something large like that. +1 to not being damaged by usps, seller most likely just sent you garbage

Really if people are that cheap they should not be selling

But seriously packing material can be free!!!
Allow me to elucidate. Most people here can go outside and look and see a free newspaper sitting in the driveway? BAM! free packing material. And most grocery stores and gas station have free guides Apartment / auto / general classifieds ala Thrifty nickel and River front times to name a couple.

Rolls of bubble wrap are like $5.00 at wal mart and last several shipments.

And I thought I was cheap
Old 09-18-2015, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The seller has been made aware of this thread. Only time will tell if or how he will respond. Regardless of feedback I would NEVER deal with anyone who ships an item packaged like that!!!
Old 09-18-2015, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If you're really cheap, hit the dumpster behind the local dollar store. They throw away tons of bubble wrap once or twice a week. Use walmart bags. There's plenty of ways to pack something, for pretty much free. Granted, it does take forethought though. And some ambition.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spookie
If you're really cheap, hit the dumpster behind the local dollar store. They throw away tons of bubble wrap once or twice a week. Use walmart bags. There's plenty of ways to pack something, for pretty much free. Granted, it does take forethought though. And some ambition.
All that would take way more effort than a seller like this is willing to put in, even if it's free
Old 09-18-2015, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok well I have had enough out of this guy to placate any and all reservations about naming him.

rcmania74 is who I bought this from

I was really trying to refrain from naming him but after the slew of text messages he sent me this evening whining about how USPS did all the damage and it is not his fault. And claiming I had buyers remorse and just wanted my money back.

Its sellers like this guy that give the good sellers bad names.

On a separate note there is no default way to block SMS or callers on a Motorola moto E G or X LOL

Last edited by bwillenb; 09-18-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Paypal authorized my return this morning. This was followed by a string of annoyed texts from the seller. I evidently have to pay the return shipping out of my pocket. It is what it is. I call it a $30 dollar lesson LOL. Attached are pics of how I boxed it for its return trip. Hopefully it suffers no additional damage going back.

Appreciate all the advice. Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails USPS Damaged Package and Seller did not insure - Need advice please-8.jpg   USPS Damaged Package and Seller did not insure - Need advice please-9.jpg   USPS Damaged Package and Seller did not insure - Need advice please-10.jpg  
Old 09-19-2015, 08:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

ok well I have had enough out of this guy to placate any and all reservations about naming him.

rcmania74 is who I bought this from

I was really trying to refrain from naming him but after the slew of text messages he sent me this evening whining about how USPS did all the damage and it is not his fault. And claiming I had buyers remorse and just wanted my money back.

Its sellers like this guy that give the good sellers bad names.

On a separate note there is no default way to block SMS or callers on a Motorola moto E G or X LOL

His trader rating is impeccable, wierd...

Really all it takes is one bad experience though for me and I'm done, so I'm happy to learn from this transaction not to deal with him. Standing behind what you sell and the condition of said items is sellers responsibility and whether the damage was due to his poor packing or whatever he needs to stop the whining and make it right period. We all work very hard for our money and I personally expect to get items as described and won't settle for less. Seems like there is a lack a maturity/integrity going on here and I'm glad paypal is able to help you and get you somewhat straightened out.

Also on a side note, I believe those hinge pins were already damaged, that doesn't happen in shipping..just my .02
Old 09-19-2015, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Paypal authorized my return this morning. This was followed by a string of annoyed texts from the seller. I evidently have to pay the return shipping out of my pocket. It is what it is. I call it a $30 dollar lesson LOL. Attached are pics of how I boxed it for its return trip. Hopefully it suffers no additional damage going back.

Appreciate all the advice. Thanks again!
I would have used the same packing method he did to you!
Old 09-19-2015, 09:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
That would do little to help his case with paypal..
Old 09-19-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Koback
Word

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.