Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avoid buyer ManDime

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

A week is ridiculous and just plain lazy on your part. If you don't have boxes, aren't ready to ship, don't list anything for sale.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

So the buyer was threatening to file a Paypal claim for money he gifted to you as friends/family? The buyer had no business gifting the money in the first place. 4 days is pretty slow to let a buyer know you can't ship yet, but it is also too fast to have filed a claim for not shipping. -1 point to buyer, -1 point to seller. Refund the payment and everyone try to do better next time.
Old 02-26-2015, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Couldn't be a gift. There's no way to file a claim if it was. Just weird that there wasn't a shipping address. Doesn't make sense to me but doesn't change the situation either.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac
He paid for my turnigy 9x/rx on sunday. He threatened a PP claim if it wasn't shipped out today(4 days).

Refund sent.
This thread will not deter me from selling to him. I always ship same day or next day. I think out of all my online sales, there may have been two occasions where it took me more than a day to ship. If that were the case, I would inform the buyer right away.

Granted, 4 days is a little fast to file a claim, but I imagine I would be a bit upset too with the excuses. First of all, when I receive payment for an item, I log into paypal immediately and check to make sure everything is good to go. If there was no address, I would have contacted the buyer within minutes of the transaction, asking for shipping info. Not wait several days to ask. And as far as not having a Priority box, well that's pretty weak. They have those boxes at the post office, so all you gotta do is take your item there and put it in the box and hand it to the person at the counter. If you told me those were the reasons why my item was still in your hands, when enough time had gone by for it to most likely have made it to my house, I would be upset too. Perhaps not enough to file a claim, but it seems it at least got your attention.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
Couldn't be a gift. There's no way to file a claim if it was. Just weird that there wasn't a shipping address. Doesn't make sense to me but doesn't change the situation either.
You cannot pay for goods/services without a shipping address. You can send money to friends/family without entering a shipping address. That's why it doesn't make sense to you. Because the buyer paid as a gift and you don't see that. You cannot complete a Paypal transaction sending money for goods/services without entering an address. This is my experience.

My point is - the buyer gifted the money and therefore could not have filed a claim as he threatened.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

It was a normal payment. Not a gift. Idk how it went through.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
Nah, that I do side with the seller on. You are only protected by Paypal if you ship to a verified shipping address.

The only time I don't get an address is if the buyer happens to pay as a gift, which I didn't ask for.
Originally Posted by matt_is_superco
You cannot pay for goods/services without a shipping address. You can send money to friends/family without entering a shipping address. That's why it doesn't make sense to you. Because the buyer paid as a gift and you don't see that. You cannot complete a Paypal transaction sending money for goods/services without entering an address. This is my experience.

My point is - the buyer gifted the money and therefore could not have filed a claim as he threatened.
That was my first thought as well. See I know that you can't lodge a dispute for a gift though. In any case, sounds like this is a moot point really. Lesson learned for the seller.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

What happened to a week being the acceptable shipping window?
It left about the same time as dial up internet. If you, or any other seller, are going to take up to a week to ship my item. Please let me know so I can buy from someone else.
Old 02-27-2015, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
It left about the same time as dial up internet. If you, or any other seller, are going to take up to a week to ship my item. Please let me know so I can buy from someone else.
Yep.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

It was a normal payment. Not a gift. Idk how it went through.
I have never seen it happen w/o address unless it was a friend/family (gift). Was it a mobile payment or something?
Wouldn't mind hearing from Mandime, another horrible buyer who wanted what he payed for?
Old 03-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have had transactions in the past not include an address that were sent "goods and services." I believe it has also happened to a few payments I have sent in the past. I recall there used to be a button you had to select to include the shipping address. But I believe this was before paypal updated to the 180 days for a claim policy among other things...
Old 03-02-2015, 04:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

No verified address = Do not sell to them. You are opening yourself up to issues. Sounds like there are issues with both the buyer and the seller. Steer clear!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
No verified address = Do not sell to them. You are opening yourself up to issues. Sounds like there are issues with both the buyer and the seller. Steer clear!
+1
Old 03-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by mschumi101
I have had transactions in the past not include an address that were sent "goods and services." I believe it has also happened to a few payments I have sent in the past. I recall there used to be a button you had to select to include the shipping address. But I believe this was before paypal updated to the 180 days for a claim policy among other things...
+1 I recently had a seller email me after he received a goods and services payment asking for my address because it didn't come from Paypal. I know this might sound crazy, but maybe out of the millions of transactions that Paypal handles a few don't quite go as they should??? Cuz, you know, technology ALWAYS works as it should. Shouldn't take four days to ship though. My $.02.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

seems like another case of stating (assuming here you didn't) your shipping policy on the listing so buyers can know what to expect for time frames.

Also, you can state a policy on what you do with payments that don't come in with confirmed addresses (or even any addresses). Better to state that up front than later on after money has exchanged hands.

Just a thought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.