Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Settle something for me regarding the condition of a car? >

Settle something for me regarding the condition of a car?

Settle something for me regarding the condition of a car?

Old 02-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Settle something for me regarding the condition of a car?

Folks,
I'm not sure if this is where to post it, but I wanted to ask for my own verification. I recently purchased a Jato 3.3 to goof around with. I've got like 12 other rides, but nothing that quick in gas. I thought it'd be fun for dirt fields and stuff. When I get bored, I can always sell it off later. The description said "never any problems" and "literally very good condition". When I got it, it had two different wheels in the front (different makes and tread patterns on the left and right). They are making the argument that it works fine as it is. Would I be in the right to say that it is A. dangerous to use mismatched tires and wheels at those speeds & B. wouldn't fall under "never any problems" and "literally very good condition" as 2 different wheels shows something is up. I was thinking I'd just slap some new wheels on it and call it a day, but I'm wondering what else might be up if that is how they pass things off. Would you say just send it back under the reason of SNAD?
-Chris
Old 02-10-2015, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ccattie
Folks,
I'm not sure if this is where to post it, but I wanted to ask for my own verification. I recently purchased a Jato 3.3 to goof around with. I've got like 12 other rides, but nothing that quick in gas. I thought it'd be fun for dirt fields and stuff. When I get bored, I can always sell it off later. The description said "never any problems" and "literally very good condition". When I got it, it had two different wheels in the front (different makes and tread patterns on the left and right). They are making the argument that it works fine as it is. Would I be in the right to say that it is A. dangerous to use mismatched tires and wheels at those speeds & B. wouldn't fall under "never any problems" and "literally very good condition" as 2 different wheels shows something is up. I was thinking I'd just slap some new wheels on it and call it a day, but I'm wondering what else might be up if that is how they pass things off. Would you say just send it back under the reason of SNAD?
-Chris
I would just slap a new set of wheels on it. Also when you purchase something used in my experience it's a good idea to do a complete disassembly to inspect and clean....thats really the only way to be sure if there is anything worn / broken. Good luck.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

While you're not specifically asking about feedback on the deal. This is the section for issues like this.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Racer1812. I wasn't sure where I should put it. I appreciate the move!
-c
Old 02-10-2015, 10:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

A. dangerous to use mismatched tires and wheels at those speeds - Chris

Dangerous? I think that might be overly dramatic provided that the tires are glued and the wheel nuts tight.

Is this just a case of buyers regret? It doesn't sound like a laundry list of things that the seller misrepresented.

Just my humble opinion.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

I usually do a breakdown, stangdriverdoug. I try and buy things on the newesh end of the spectrum though so I don't have to worry about parts fatigue (even if they look ok). I'm just annoyed because there were flaws described (different body, color of something else, etc). You'd think wheels would be mentioned.
-c
Old 02-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

One wheel is ribbed, the other is spiked. I agree there isn't a huge about wrong, but I'm worried about other issues when you omit something so big. Did he really break in the engine or was he mashing the throttle the second he filed up? I've already found a bearing is missing in the back. It wasn't clean either. None of this screams "very good condition"
-c

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
Dangerous? I think that might be overly dramatic provided that the tires are glued and the wheel nuts tight.

Is this just a case of buyers regret? It doesn't sound like a laundry list of things that the seller misrepresented.

Just my humble opinion.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Did you see pics before buying?
Old 02-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Only some out of focus ones because "I'm not good with this tech stuff". In the photos you couldn't tell. I'll try and dig them up.

Originally Posted by Jaymancd
Did you see pics before buying?
Old 02-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

One wheel is ribbed, the other is spiked. I agree there isn't a huge about wrong, but I'm worried about other issues when you omit something so big. Did he really break in the engine or was he mashing the throttle the second he filed up? I've already found a bearing is missing in the back. It wasn't clean either. None of this screams "very good condition"
-c
I do think it sucks to sell an Rc with 2 different tires on it but it's not that big a deal if it works. Worrying about other stuff that may or may not be wrong is pointless. Just run it and if it breaks it breaks. There isn't anything that can't be fixed. That's the risk you take buying used stuff. Don't ever assume that a nitro engine is good. I don't care how many "tanks" of fuel have been run through it, wether or not It was broke in properly ect... Nitro engines can be ruined very easily and are usually throw away. Even with a good tune/care they wear out pretty quickly. I love running nitro, but realize it takes time and practice to get good at tuning. While your practicing you will ruin a few. My point is, with nitro you don't know what the previous owner did. The engine may start, but that doesn't mean it isn't screwed up. Electric on the other hand is a bit easier. Electric either works, or it doesn't. When I buy a used nitro vehicle, I automatically assume I'm buying a new engine for it. I take that into consideration when negotiating a price. If the used engine that it comes with happens to work, it's a bonus.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, I've received some gems and some duds in the engine dept. I've never had somebody obviously do the thing with the wheels and then get mad at me for questioning it. I coulda purchased another one, but this one seemed to have more details so I went with it. Oh well, it is what it is. I just wanted to know whether they'd be annoyed by it too. I take great care in all my listings, so when somebody else doesn't it just gets me.
-c
Old 02-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I'd say this falls on you for not getting clear pictures. "I'm not good with this tech stuff"? Really? A guy can get on an internet forum, post a for sale ad, get signed up with paypal etc, but cant take a clear picture? BS.

I'm not saying you got what you deserved at all. I'm just saying you didn't do your due diligence to protect yourself by finding out exactly what you were buying before paying.

Did the guy pull one over on you? I believe he did. A good seller would make it right. Doesn't sound like this guy is a good seller though.

This is just my opinion based on not seeing the picture(s) he provided or a picture of what you received. Without both, I have to make some assumptions. Pictures are worth a thousand words as they say.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

To be honest I think this is splitting hairs. Yes the picture may not have made it clear what the tyres were but I don't think the description you quoted is misleading, nor do I think mismatched tyres make the RC suddenly a death trap!
Old 02-12-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

I appreciate everybody's feedback. It is going back. It was brought up earlier that I should have asked. I did ask a lot about the ride because of the crap photos provided to me. I asked specifically about the condition of the tires and if any needed to be replaced because I'd pick some new ones up at the shop. He said "nah brah - everything is great. Good tread on them". In my opinion, that is when you should have mentioned they were different brands and patterns on the left and right. The telemetry stuff isn't working correctly either. Parts are missing and I specifically asked about that as well since some people include the new radio because of 27mhz upgrades. He confirmed that it's all setup and so cool to use the iphone with it. Bearings are missing. I now believe he was hoping to dump it on somebody and they not know enough about the cars to complain about it or thing problems were their fault. I bought it off a different forum that here. Never had a bad experience here. You guys are the tops. I'm going to check one out on Craigslist tomorrow. I'll be able to see that one in person and not rely on pictures.

-c
Old 02-12-2015, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I asked specifically about the condition of the tires and if any needed to be replaced because I'd pick some new ones up at the shop. He said "nah brah - everything is great. Good tread on them".
Next time a seller calls you brah, just turn and walk away.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.