Search

up on the fence with twitch9550

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default up on the fence with twitch9550

Hello RCTECH,

I am having an issue with a fellow RCTECH seller. First off, I want to say that I am waiting to see if I get a proper response from the seller. Once I do I will update the post. I am doing this for advice and to just let our RCTECH community know about this seller.

OK so my issue is that I bought an item from twitch9550 on 11/7/14. I paid a partial payment because I told him that I would be more comfortable since he said he is going on vacation. He texted me the following day to say that he plans n shipping out the item 11/8 so he would like the balance so I said sure and sent the balance. I followed up with him in the pm and he said that he did not have time to ship it. His communication became slower in response time. He finally replied and said he will be back 11/12.

On 11/12, I asked him if he was able to send it out and his response was delayed again and says he is busy but he'll send it 2 day priority and will get to it. So I figured he is getting back from vacation so give him a day. On friday 11/14 he finally responded to tell me "tomorrow", he'll ship and provide tracking.

So on Sat 11/15, I texted him and followed a few times and he says he is busy racing. I shipped it out he says. So I asked him for tracking and he never addresses my question.

At this point I had a enough. I sent a claim to paypal. Guess what, I get a text from him saying he shipped it out and he needs me to cancel the claim because he has money pending. I ask him for tracking and no reply. Then a few minutes later, he says he will cancel shipping and I need to close the case. I feel like I should not cancel anything until I get a tracking number of the already shipped package.

As of now, I am waiting for the tracking number and he's since told me that I just need to close the case.

What should I do? If I jumped the gun sorry but this is too fishy. Also the change in stories and delayed responses is wrong.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Do not cancel the claim. If you do, you can not file another one against him.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Quoted from another feedback thread.

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE
It's always the guys with four numbers after the screen name that will burn you.

No way I would cancel the claim until you either have your item or full cleared refund. Especially on a high dollar item like that. Good luck and make sure you leave feedback to reflect this deal.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

+1 on everything that has been said already, and leave negative feedback. Do not close the claim till you have a refund or the item.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guys... He is now saying that he mailed it via post office but the receipt is at home so he needs me to cancel so he can receive funds. This is the first time that I am doing this and prior to this all has been good. The feed back we leave is big time important!
Old 11-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tmachine
I paid a partial payment because I told him that I would be more comfortable since he said he is going on vacation.
I think your timing is fine but was it agreed to for a partial payment or did you take it upon yourself to do this?

Originally Posted by harry697
Especially on a high dollar item like that.
How do you know how much the deal was for?

Originally Posted by harry697
Good luck and make sure you leave feedback to reflect this deal.
Originally Posted by Rock333
+1 on everything that has been said already, and leave negative feedback. Do not close the claim till you have a refund or the item.
If the item is as described, feedback is going to be neutral at worst. Yes, communication could have bee better but until the item is in hand, I don't think a negative will stick. Unless it never gets there of course
Old 11-16-2014, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tmachine
Thanks guys... He is now saying that he mailed it via post office but the receipt is at home so he needs me to cancel so he can receive funds. This is the first time that I am doing this and prior to this all has been good. The feed back we leave is big time important!
Say sorry, I'll cancel after the item checks out.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shagino
I think your timing is fine but was it agreed to for a partial payment or did you take it upon yourself to do this?

This was agreed

If the item is as described, feedback is going to be neutral at worst. Yes, communication could have bee better but until the item is in hand, I don't think a negative will stick. Unless it never gets there of course
Neutral I can see that. Either way its something that I am being objective about. I am being neutral and stating facts about the communication exchange.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

I actually told him that I will if I can only get a tracking number. Then he says that he will cancel shipping tomorrow. This is news to me considering if he already shipped it.

If you deal with anyone and the story changes and the things start to not make sense, then its just weird. But when the situation is done, I will leave final out coming.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)

Even with tracking number, DON'T cancel until the item you purchased has been inspected. Because what if he sent you a brick? Then you had cancelled the claim because tracking shows the brick is on it's way, then you can't reopen the case.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

all great points. Thanks guys!
Old 11-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

DO NOT cancel till you get the item or refund. Like stated, you might end up with an expensive brick!!! This is his problem, not yours! You did your part. Rest is up to him! If he wants to cancel a shipment that probably hasn't taken place yet, then you can at least get you money back from the claim. Make'm squirm a little bit!
Old 11-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
Just took a quick look at the OP's recent posts.
Old 11-16-2014, 10:13 PM
bsp
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I tried to deal with twitch9550 and something just felt off. Decided not to follow through with the deal and sent a pm to a mod to keep a eye out.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If the item is as described, feedback is going to be neutral at worst. Yes, communication could have bee better but until the item is in hand, I don't think a negative will stick. Unless it never gets there of course [/QUOTE]

If he does not get his money back or the item, then negative is warranted, A deal as been done and now this guy is just giving him the run around. The big tale tale sign is that he wants him to cancel the claim. He knows once he does that he as no recourse. If he truly has shipped why does he want him to cancel the claim so bad, to me that just shows he is hoping to be dealing wit someone that is new to this and afterwords he comes out on top. DO NOT cancel the claim till you have what you paid for or a refund.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.