Old 10-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Links aren't working for me.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Rc-007
Links aren't working for me.
I tried to fix them, can you let me know if they work now?
Old 10-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Suzuki_11
I tried to fix them, can you let me know if they work now?
I can see it but you should embed it in the post in order. In photobucket, click on the links button. There's a field that says IMG. Copy that link and post that.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Old 10-28-2014, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Why you would pay for something so filthy and abused looking, I just don't know... and to send that much money as a gift, to someone you don't know- off a CL posting?

I'm not siding with any scammers or wrong-doers, but seriously, what were you thinking??? Hope you can get a resolution.. but I highly doubt it will happen.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Why you would pay for something so filthy and abused looking, I just don't know... and to send that much money as a gift, to someone you don't know- off a CL posting?

I'm not siding with any scammers or wrong-doers, but seriously, what were you thinking??? Hope you can get a resolution.. but I highly doubt it will happen.
The deal was for the brushless revo, two 2s lipos, a charger, and a futaba radio for $350 shipped. Its all i could afford but trust me, ive learned my lesson.

Last edited by Suzuki_11; 10-28-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I feel bad for you dude.

No doubt. Stay on him. That's the only way to get your money back.

Make his life hell.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Suzuki_11
The deal was for the brushless revo, two 2s lipos, a charger, and a futaba radio for $350 shipped. Its all i could afford but trust me, ive learned my lesson.
if the deal is too good to be truth..walk away buddy. that's worth at least $600.00 depending of the condition.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

As much as this whole situation aggravates me, and I'll get into that later

It's here on our site and has to do with one of our members so I'll deal with it.

A few questions and comments..

* do you have text messages that show him asking for payment as a gift? Post those please.
*how exactly did you find this guys ERevo for sale? Here or Craigs list?
*how did you get his contact info? I looked through all his threads and the ONLY one/ones he list an Erevo for sale in don't have his contact info in them. Edited or not, they NEVER had that info. Some of his other threads did and do, but none that list an Erevo if you were using Google as a search....
*what made you decide to send a gift payment to some guy on the internet?

The following comments/questions put blame on one or both parties and depend on the answers to some of the above questions..Along with a bit of a donkey chewing for the OP.

*You weren't a member here when you bought the truck, if you found his listing on here why are you only now creating an account, because things went bad?
*If this deal went perfectly fine were you going to create an account just so you could leave a good seller positive feedback? I highly doubt it!
*If you're not a member of this site why are you contacting our members to buy stuff? I realize it's an open forum and that's an IB issue along with members STUPIDLY posting their contact info.
*If you weren't a member on here and regardless of where you got his contact info, why are you turning this into an issue for the members and the mod staff of this site??...this keys into the following question.
*Did you bother to read the rules of this site? Did you bother to go through and read ANY of the threads that tell you how to protect yourself as a buyer?? Let alone read ANY of the feedback threads full of info that show tell tale signs of a bad deal....?

As far as the seller in question...his feedback history shows his last positive feedback as a seller being over year ago, last July to be exact. With a huge gap since then in both post history and feedback as a seller vs. a buyer. That in my history throws up a HUGE red flag when dealing with someone.

Why did he rip you off/how did you become a target..?? You weren't a member here, found it on Craigs List, your only form of contact was via text..And YOU AGREED TO SEND A GIFT PAYMENT.

Any of our regular MEMBERS of RCTech can feel free to point out if I missed anything..
Old 10-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

OH..And for a seller to edit threads when he hasn't posted in them for a month, after having actively bumped them on a regular basis...RED FLAG!
Old 10-29-2014, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

For our ACTUAL active members, the screen shot texts are exactly why I if you make deals on here the IMPORTANT info should be done via PM's. You want to hash out little details that wouldn't matter if crap goes wrong, fine. But when it comes to your RCTech account, use PM's. I know, what a pain since every SOB is too lazy to actually log in and use the site
Old 10-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Racer hit the nail on the head.

I can't see how any of this has anything to do with RCtech.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I agree that pm's are an important part of the process, and should be part of any deal. A few thoughts of my own, things I think apply to all transactions...

-Don't post personal info for everyone to see (see above regarding using pm's)

-ALWAYS dig through someones post history. Including mine if I sell something here. Get a feel for what their participation / habits are as a member. Exclusively posting in the FS thread could be a warning. You should take into consideration the number of posts and years active... it's not a deal breaker if they are new but regardless, do your research and get a feel for who you are dealing with (and yes, we all had to start somewhere).

-Once communication is established, what is the "tone" like. Are they happy to communicate freely? Or is it hit-or-miss? Do they seem willing to talk, or are they short / hot-tempered and seem to in a hurry to get the deal done. Could be another warning sign.

-Text communication. This is something I personally like to do, once communication via PM is established and things seem to be going in the right direction.... but ONLY after proper communication is established via PM. This gives you a "paper trail" here on the site. I typically text back and forth if a buyer wants to get minor details hashed out, and to later text a pic of the actual shipping receipt from the post office (do NOT trust an automated shipping notification from paypal.... anyone can generate these and then simply never do any actual shipping). But either way make the PM your established line of communication up front.

-When I buy something here, I usually post on the FS thread as well as send a PM at the same time. Once I have sent $$$, I usually ask that they mark it sold to me. It depends on the seller... if we have a history then I don't sweat it, but if we are "breaking the ice" so to speak, I will ask that they clearly post that I was the buyer. It's just another piece of info that can help later if things go wrong.

... there are other things I could get into, and as far as the obvious mistakes made here, I won't repeat them. Hopefully I'm not just pointlessly rehashing things that Racer and many others have already said multiple times... my point is to give some basic advise, since I have found it works for me.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Racer hit the nail on the head.

I can't see how any of this has anything to do with RCtech.
Unless the OP can show us how a sale that happened 2 weeks before he became a member relates to this thread, it honestly doesn't.

I can see it already..blah blah, saw his number in a Google search, blah blah, guy ripped me off, blah blah...

Guess what, this is the LAST thread like this I will even entertain on here! My self and the rest of the mod staff dedicate our time to actual contributing members of THIS site.

Even eBay requires you to be a member to make a purchase!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
I agree that pm's are an important part of the process, and should be part of any deal. A few thoughts of my own, things I think apply to all transactions...

-Don't post personal info for everyone to see (see above regarding using pm's)

-ALWAYS dig through someones post history. Including mine if I sell something here. Get a feel for what their participation / habits are as a member. Exclusively posting in the FS thread could be a warning. You should take into consideration the number of posts and years active... it's not a deal breaker if they are new but regardless, do your research and get a feel for who you are dealing with (and yes, we all had to start somewhere).

-Once communication is established, what is the "tone" like. Are they happy to communicate freely? Or is it hit-or-miss? Do they seem willing to talk, or are they short / hot-tempered and seem to in a hurry to get the deal done. Could be another warning sign.

-Text communication. This is something I personally like to do, once communication via PM is established and things seem to be going in the right direction.... but ONLY after proper communication is established via PM. This gives you a "paper trail" here on the site. I typically text back and forth if a buyer wants to get minor details hashed out, and to later text a pic of the actual shipping receipt from the post office (do NOT trust an automated shipping notification from paypal.... anyone can generate these and then simply never do any actual shipping). But either way make the PM your established line of communication up front.

-When I buy something here, I usually post on the FS thread as well as send a PM at the same time. Once I have sent $$$, I usually ask that they mark it sold to me. It depends on the seller... if we have a history then I don't sweat it, but if we are "breaking the ice" so to speak, I will ask that they clearly post that I was the buyer. It's just another piece of info that can help later if things go wrong.

... there are other things I could get into, and as far as the obvious mistakes made here, I won't repeat them. Hopefully I'm not just pointlessly rehashing things that Racer and many others have already said multiple times... my point is to give some basic advise, since I have found it works for me.
I agree, the sad part is you're preaching to the choir. New people never take any time to read threads like this. So we're stuck having to repeat it over and over because people are to stupid to protect themselves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.