Search
Like Tree7Likes

Thoughts on this situation !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 03:18 PM
No9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Man i wish i worked for paypal i would take great pleasure in telling this idiot where to go..Good luck to the seller.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Let's please try to keep it civil. Opinions are good, but this is really between the seller/buyer.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Only a DB would think they should file a PP claim on this after they altered the item and can't return it in it's originally received condition.
+1

CanyonCarverR1 - I would make sure to forward to paypal him admitting to altering the chassis. I feel for anyone having to deal with someone like this. I'll make sure not to sell anything to him in the future.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697
I would totally agree if it weren't for the fact that the buyer took it upon himself to alter the chassis. If he can't countersink a hole, how well do you think his sanding/sealing job looks?
You have a point there.

But in the name of "making this go away", it's about the only quick solution I can come up with. Anyways, as Panda put it, I'll keep it civil. The strong urge to go on blast-mode is there... anyways the consensus regarding this situation has been repeated amongst many of us. I don't think it needs to be put in print what most of us truly think, it's pretty obvious. Or as Racer put it "status confirmed" .
Old 09-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
Let's please try to keep it civil. Opinions are good, but this is really between the seller/buyer.
I wish you would take a break from RCTech also....

Blitzkidd frequents all my local tracks and there is at the very least one person at all of those tracks that would counter sink that hole for free in a matter of seconds. I will say this though. If he gets a full refund from carver after he already altered the chassis I will put the word out on this kid for sure and let all the SoCal locals know.

Grow up ask for some help and get it done stop trying to low ball the guy even further.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Wow.....someone definitely made it to my do not sell to, or buy from list...........and its not CanyonCarverR1

if you cant counter sink a damn hole this isnt the hobby for you, go buy some legos...
Old 09-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

WOW.... Everyone is pretty critical of each other, buyer included. I'm not siding with anyone but some of the comments are pretty rude. Everyone gave both parties good advice and hopefully blitz learned a little about how to conduct himself. Carver didnt do anything wrong and blitz feels like he got a defective product, but then made the decision to make it his own, without notifying the seller of the defect. His MISTAKE.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks guys for all your support.
I would just like this to work out for both parties. In want him to get the chassis fixed and go out and have some fun.
Hopefully someone in Blitz' area will offer to countersink the hole, and maybe Blitz will gain some mechanical skills in the process.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Carranza76
I wish you would take a break from RCTech also....

Blitzkidd frequents all my local tracks and there is at the very least one person at all of those tracks that would counter sink that hole for free in a matter of seconds. I will say this though. If he gets a full refund from carver after he already altered the chassis I will put the word out on this kid for sure and let all the SoCal locals know.

Grow up ask for some help and get it done stop trying to low ball the guy even further.
Wow, what have I done to you? you seem very critical of people of people you don't know.

And threatening to ruin some bodies reputation over a chassis? Maybe it's not blitz that needs to "grow up". There is a difference between working to fix a problem, and trying to blow one out of proportion one that isn't really dealing with you.

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Thanks guys for all your support.
I would just like this to work out for both parties. In want him to get the chassis fixed and go out and have some fun.
Hopefully someone in Blitz' area will offer to countersink the hole, and maybe Blitz will gain some mechanical skills in the process.
As Long as it works out well for both of you!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I don't see it as ruining his reputation, he did that himself by trying to alter a chassis before inspecting it and contacting the seller. Then after he altered it opens a paypal claim. If I'm the seller I send paypal a screenshot of where the buyer said he altered it, it's an open and shut case for paypal then. Letting locals know that someone is shady is a bad thing?
Old 09-17-2014, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

One "questionable" situation is not what defines a person. This is a lot different that a "scam"* and is really just a difference of opinions. If a local wants to go digging on blitz, let them dig, but don't show them where to start their hole.

*now, I'm all for trying to deal with scammers as scammers should be delt with. Spread the word, prevent others for falling for it, etc. but I don't see this as a scam, and so intentionally making someone look bad because of their opinions (what I see this as) is just really uncalled for.

If you still want to, go ahead, I really can't stop anyone from making their choices, but just know where I think this is coming from.

At this point, I think that blitz should get the chassis countersunk himself. Most racers should have some sort of countersinking bit (not some stone bit or whatever was suggested before, as that is quite inferior to a proper bit) both parties should exchange apologies, and feedback should be left. While I don't think this deal went as smooth as it could have... I don't see why both could at least give and receive neutral feedbacks. Maybe even no feedback if they so choose.

Otherwise paypal can sort it out.

Last edited by ThePanda; 09-17-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Blitz is essentially trying to defraud the seller by taking an item and modifying them demanding a refund, that's as bad as a scam in my book. Blitz might be a really nice guy but this situation is not cool.

And please don't respond with the seller should have seen the hole, it was a new chassis he never mounted, do you know all the counter sunk holes on your chassis. Not all holes are sunk. Blitz should have verified it before modding, take it this way Walmart takes returns but there not going to take back a cabinet you built because it's missing a part they will tell you to contact the MFG.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

"scam"? maybe not, but the fact is, nobody knows the true intentions of the buyer except for the buyer. maybe he had buyer's remorse and this is his way of backing out of the deal. i can't, for the life of me, figure out why he's making such a big deal about something that is fixed so easily. so while it may not be a "scam", it is indeed shady and if i'm a local that's looking to sell stuff, i would appreciate a heads up on the guy before i sold something to him.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
If you provide me with the receipt this could go away
Wait wait wait.. i don't think it's appropriate for you to be threatening this seller like this. It is clear he had no intention of ripping you off, making your life a living hell, taking you for a ride... whatever.

This is a 30 second, $1 fix you can do on your own. Man up, and do it.

The seller has no responsibility to you going forward from this point, so don't spew this "this can go away" nonsense when there already is nothing TO go away. This is done.

Originally Posted by theblitzkidd
Alright cool thanks for the help I'll just let PayPal figure this one out
The problem with posting this kind of thread in hopes to get the community together behind you to get a fraudulent seller off the site.. .is that it can also work against you. Careful what you wish for!

Why you would risk your reputation on this site over something YOU overlooked, that is a $1 fix.... is beyond all comprehension.

Last edited by Cpt.America; 09-18-2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Last edited by Cpt.America; 09-18-2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: duplicate post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.