Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should i be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I PM'd him this morning advising him to come in here explain himself in public... he has logged on since, didn't reply to my PM, and obviously hasn't been in here.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

So what do you guys think, PayPal investigation or authorities?
Old 09-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheYooper12
Both.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by harry697
Both.
yep. How far you take it is up to you! It may take time, which of course equals money (time = money), but I find the principle to be far more important
Old 09-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Honestly, you took so long doing this that PayPal might not help you. Try calling a few times to see if you can find a sympathetic person. I wish you the best of luck but this may be a $150 lesson that you just learned. On page one(4 days ago), it was suggested that you call.

I'd also call the authorities but for $150, they may do nothing.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default TO EVERYONE

He texted me pictures of the motor saying the package was returned to him because he used the wrong a dress and that the servo has been crushed In the mail and they can't do anything about because he didn't insure it.. he is shipped it out tomorrow I guess
Old 09-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

He texted me pictures of the motor saying the package was returned to him because he used the wrong a dress and that the servo has been crushed In the mail and they can't do anything about because he didn't insure it.. he is shipped it out tomorrow I guess
CALL PAYPAL!!! He blew his chance to make it right.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shagino
CALL PAYPAL!!! He blew his chance to make it right.
And say what? He was really late shipping it so I want my money back or what
Old 09-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

And say what? He was really late shipping it so I want my money back or what
That you are missing the motor and servo that you value at $150. Say what the package included and justify the price.

Last edited by shagino; 09-18-2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Re-read the first post. Response wasn't accurate
Old 09-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shagino
That you are missing the motor and servo that you agreed to purchase for $150
Everyone already said its to late
Old 09-19-2014, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

That is a story, it is all just a story at this point. He is hoping you just give up and go away...

And the servo being crushed? Did he have it taped to the outside of the box? In any case that is not your fault or your loss...

I know it is past the normal date to call PayPal, but if you give them the whole story about how he has had one delay after the other in an apparent effort to run the clock out they may help you all the same. The only person that can say it is "too late" will be the staff at PayPal, all we have are opinions on the matter, they will give you the facts.

You can also involve the police, they will open up a case, but whether or not it gets any traction is another thing. Best bet in my opinion is to talk with PayPal, but I would do both all the same just because I would be that pissed off.

Even if you get squared away on this, at this point in things I would very much hope he gets the ban hammer if he has not already.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbenton
That is a story, it is all just a story at this point. He is hoping you just give up and go away...
I'd have to agree. I had a seller give me the exact same story / run-around, excuses like " they returned the package, address was wrong, ect." The guy kept trying to string me along... I'm pretty sure in an attempt to run the Paypal clock down. Never once produced a tracking number. These types of losers try to prey on any weakness they can- if they see you are being a rational, patient individual with a cool temper they will keep dragging the thing out. The seller I am speaking of started getting bent up when I pressed the issue... just another way of putting up a front. With any transaction, if the seller can't produce a tracking number within 2-3 days (a REAL, WORKING #, not something generated via PP that means nothing unless the package was actually dropped off) then it's time to start demanding answers. If they have integrity they will apologize and get the package sent. If is is all a lie expect the defensiveness and unwillingness to cooperate. That is when you put the foot down and open the claim. Sometimes things happen that can delay shipping (life!), but don't fall for any sob-story BS that is just a ploy (remember our pal 718?). Good luck with this situation, hopefully you have not lost $150.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Everyone already said its to late
And everyone said try anyways. If you don't want to call PayPal, what are you looking to do about this? Just vent and tell your story? Don't call if you aren't comfortable with it but if you don't call, you'll never know if they would have sided with you either.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Adept

I'm calling PayPal after school
Old 09-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Uhm the seller just sent me a picture of the receipt and that he shipped them out today.. so yeah it's suppose to be here Monday, I guess I'm gonna have to wait to make sure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.