Wiki Posts
Search

Shipping issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default Shipping issues

Hey everybody I've got an issue with how an item was shipped to me recently and am gathering feedback as what to do and proceed. Any advice or input would be appreciated. Here we go: Purchased a used Spektrum DX3R and spektrum hard case for $105 shipped, ok good. It was advertised as a good, working radio and the seller says he had raced with it recently and that it had worked "flawlessly", which in his defense may all be the truth. Now the problem, when I received said combo it was simply put in a box WITHOUT any sort of added packing material, in addition the foam on the in of the hard case was missing from the lid portion, allowing the radio to flop in the case, along with the lack of added packing, and the fact that these are somewhat sensitive electronics, end result I get a DX3R that wont bind to anything. Ive gone to LHS and its definitely the radio. Now I've done nothing to this radio other than remove it from his version of packing and try and use it, not mishandle it or at any point while in my possession has it been abused, leading me to the conclusion
A) was this item even working as advertised to start?
B) was it due to improper packing and damaged during shipping?

All I know is I'm out $$$ and have some wonderful person's broken radio.
I have filed pp dispute, now a claim so I can only wait, but in the mean time I need your guys advice. Please ask ??'s first as to gain perspective, before leaving rude comments. Thanks. Rug Runner
Old 07-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Did you contact the seller before filing the dispute? that may be the best way to get your money back (although, I think PP locks the account while the dispute is processed)
Old 07-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

That was one of the first things I tried. Contacted seller discussed issue, he insists nothing is wrong and encouraged the pp claim. Which I indeed filed, he turns down the dispute and now on to "claimsville". All I want is to return his radio, refund my $ and find a new working radio and go race!
Old 07-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

if the item doesn't arrive as advertised (working) then it is the sellers fault. Shipping is their responsibility (to get the item to you as described), and it is often hard to understand why people don't take it more seriously.

Last edited by ThePanda; 07-28-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

in that case, if he packed it with nothing to cushion it, it will be on him. I would be surprised if paypal didn't find him at fault for shipping electronics that way.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

I did quickly put batteries in it on sat. eve upon initial receipt and left a feedback, w/o a thorough bench test till sun a.m.(less than 12 hours)as I was on way out for evening and got the proper time on sun to really look at it. Again at that point promptly sending seller pm about issues. Again I'm not trying to screw people over, I'm just unnerved by the lack of respect of what would be their former equipment and how its just slapped in and on the way.... I mean I would simply take the time and over pack something to prevent something like this. Local papers are cheap,if not free packing material. .. just saying, for the economical frugal. Pack things how YOU would want YOUR stuff showing up to you....
Old 07-28-2014, 11:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

not to rub salt in the wound, as this is for the benefit of anyone else reading but....

don't leave feedback until after you've tested and inspected your purchase.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
not to rub salt in the wound, as this is for the benefit of anyone else reading but....

don't leave feedback until after you've tested and inspected your purchase.
Could not agree more. We've seen it before, buyer is in a hurry so a quick check is done so that we can leave feedback. Then upon further checking something is missing or wrong with item. It's not easy to come back from that. As aa seller we leave good feedback next and think deal is done. When you get a message hours later saying something is wrong you kinda wonder what happened to it. In this circumstance all you can do is file a ckaim like you did and explain the packing (I have been surprised by some of the packing I've received) and hopefully it turns out. Hate to see this kind of situation hqppen because nobody wins.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the input so far. I understand that what I did is not acceptable, by leaving feedback before a proper inspection/ bench test. Rest assured lesson learned, but is that really my "kiss of death", when the underlying issue is in how the item was packed and shipped. Again I dont want to throw stones or drag someone through the mud, as long as we both can reach a neutral outcome, more importantly walk away a little more educated. Done what I can as its in pp's hands.