Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed shipping equals refund?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Delayed shipping equals refund?

I paid two different sellers on Friday (may 16th) for some items. both sellers stated they would ship the items the following Monday (may 19th). neither of the sellers shipped their items on the day they stated. neither seller informed me of the delayed shipping until I asked them for an update. the one seller was quick to reply and said they would ship out the following day, and if not, issue me a refund. I got the refund.

the second seller doesn't inform me until Tuesday that the items weren't shipped on Monday but would ship it out today. I have not heard from the seller yet.

Should I just request a refund? I am getting irritated with people. I have sold items on many forums, and feel obligated to ship the item out the next day. If I cant, I promptly let them know. I usually give a specified time that I can ship, and when I can probably give tracking info as well.

Am I just nit picking?
Old 05-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boodaggy
I paid two different sellers on Friday (may 16th) for some items. both sellers stated they would ship the items the following Monday (may 19th). neither of the sellers shipped their items on the day they stated. neither seller informed me of the delayed shipping until I asked them for an update. the one seller was quick to reply and said they would ship out the following day, and if not, issue me a refund. I got the refund.

the second seller doesn't inform me until Tuesday that the items weren't shipped on Monday but would ship it out today. I have not heard from the seller yet.

Should I just request a refund? I am getting irritated with people. I have sold items on many forums, and feel obligated to ship the item out the next day. If I cant, I promptly let them know. I usually give a specified time that I can ship, and when I can probably give tracking info as well.

Am I just nit picking?
This is one of my biggest pet peeves about buying from people I don't know on forums. It takes all of 1 minute tops to log-in and send a PM to someone informing them of a delay. Do the buyers have solid trader feedback? Either way, you held up your end of the deal by sending the funds as soon as you said you would, the least they can do is keep you up to date regarding shipping. If you have a bad feeling and want a refund, go for it. Did you click on the second sellers profile to see if they have logged on since you last contacted them?

I recently made a purchase on Saturday, and followed up on Sunday to confirm they received the payment. They told me they did and it would ship out on Monday. Monday came and went and I didn't have a PM with tracking info, so I followed up on Tuesday. Was told they only have the insurance info but didn't get the tracking number? I was told it was shipped late Monday and it would take 4-7 days to get here. The buyer has great feedback so I'm not too worried. But when you are sending hundreds of dollars to someone you don't know, something as simple as a tracking number goes along way into helping the buyer feel at ease.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I would say shipped within 2-3 business days regardless of when seller states they will ship. Before I would request a refund.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I have checked and they haven't logged back in since yesterday.

if the seller cares not about communication, then how can I take their word on what they are selling? Just irritates me is all.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beedee
This is one of my biggest pet peeves about buying from people I don't know on forums. It takes all of 1 minute tops to log-in and send a PM to someone informing them of a delay. Do the buyers have solid trader feedback? Either way, you held up your end of the deal by sending the funds as soon as you said you would, the least they can do is keep you up to date regarding shipping. If you have a bad feeling and want a refund, go for it. Did you click on the second sellers profile to see if they have logged on since you last contacted them?

I recently made a purchase on Saturday, and followed up on Sunday to confirm they received the payment. They told me they did and it would ship out on Monday. Monday came and went and I didn't have a PM with tracking info, so I followed up on Tuesday. Was told they only have the insurance info but didn't get the tracking number? I was told it was shipped late Monday and it would take 4-7 days to get here. The buyer has great feedback so I'm not too worried. But when you are sending hundreds of dollars to someone you don't know, something as simple as a tracking number goes along way into helping the buyer feel at ease.
The insurance slip has a tracking number on it.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I try to do postage online where I can that way I can give a tracking # immediately and it takes 10 minutes to drop stuff off at the post office maybe 2 or 3 times a week
Old 05-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 186 (100%+)

I was in a similar situation, after 10 days after paying for the truck, and no shipping info or updates I filed a paypal claim, two days later after that the guy shipped the truck.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
I try to do postage online where I can that way I can give a tracking # immediately and it takes 10 minutes to drop stuff off at the post office maybe 2 or 3 times a week
That tracking number is useless until you take the item to the P.O.

What good is it when I contact you 3 days later because it still says "shipping label has been printed" and the item is still sitting at your house?

Obviously I'm not saying you would do this, it's just my opinion on the whole printing labels at home deal. Whenever I get that email I just shake my head and wait 2-3 days to check the status.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I recently bought something and it took the seller seven days to ship, a full week. The item wasn't something I needed and I actually forgot about it. So in my case.... I don't want a refund but it would be nice if the seller would give me positive feedback for paying 90 minutes after he posted the ad and it would be even better if I could leave negative feedback for him. I could contact the seller but why ? I don't want a refund, I want to leave negative feedback he deserves. Oh... don't blame me for not contacting him, hasseling people to ship is not my obligation as a buyer.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I usually send stuff out same day or next day, that's how I want to be treated so that is why I do it.

From most sellers I expect 1-3 BUSINESS days before my stuff gets shipped, any more and I start to get irritated, at the 5 day mark it's inexcusable without some kind of apology.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tiburon
I usually send stuff out same day or next day, that's how I want to be treated so that is why I do it.

From most sellers I expect 1-3 BUSINESS days before my stuff gets shipped, any more and I start to get irritated, at the 5 day mark it's inexcusable without some kind of apology.
+1 that sounds fair to me.
Old 05-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Type_R_Henry
+1 that sounds fair to me.
yeah, figure I give payment on Friday, I expect them to ship between Monday and Wednesday, you can't really ship Saturday and Sunday.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:53 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Just had this same thing happen to me. Irritates the crap outta me!

I just bought a TKI3 package deal, and a very specific part of the deal that the seller completely agreed to, was that it shipped out the very next day. At fedex in time to be on the truck going out THAT DAY. He understood that I wasn't buying it unless he held up that end of the deal.

Naturally, he didn't make it happen. He didn't get to fedex in time for it to go out on the truck that day. Very irritated.

Trying to decide what kind of feedback to leave for him.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Just had this same thing happen to me. Irritates the crap outta me!

I just bought a TKI3 package deal, and a very specific part of the deal that the seller completely agreed to, was that it shipped out the very next day. At fedex in time to be on the truck going out THAT DAY. He understood that I wasn't buying it unless he held up that end of the deal.

Naturally, he didn't make it happen. He didn't get to fedex in time for it to go out on the truck that day. Very irritated.

Trying to decide what kind of feedback to leave for him.
If ALL of that can be verified as being part of the deal. And he agreed to it. I could very well agree to a negative.

Everyone says "yeah yeah I'll make sure and get it out tomorrow" some do some don't. Not a huge deal. But when it's made clear that the ONLY way a deal will be made depends on shipping, AND THEY AGREE to those terms. They should be accountable when it comes to feedback. IMO

In most cases a negative for a couple says late on shipping wouldn't be warranted. But in this case the whole deal appears to hinge on the shipping terms, and the seller failed to deliver.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:56 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
If ALL of that can be verified as being part of the deal. And he agreed to it. I could very well agree to a negative.

Everyone says "yeah yeah I'll make sure and get it out tomorrow" some do some don't. Not a huge deal. But when it's made clear that the ONLY way a deal will be made depends on shipping, AND THEY AGREE to those terms. They should be accountable when it comes to feedback. IMO

In most cases a negative for a couple says late on shipping wouldn't be warranted. But in this case the whole deal appears to hinge on the shipping terms, and the seller failed to deliver.
Yeah...it's all in writing, and verified a couple of times in the PM's before payment was sent.

I sent him a PM letting him know that I was pretty torqued about him not following through on his end of the deal after he sent me the tracking number, and the tracking info said right on it that it didn't arrive at the facility before the last pick-up. He never responded.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.