Stay Away: The Rocket

Old 07-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Takt
So how many of us are there?

I'm not confident PayPal can do anything -- if he's already taken the money out of his PayPal account, they can do very little.

If you got ripped off by this guy, can your either reply here or pm/email me. I'd like to get a listing because I think we're going to have to go to the cops. More money he's stolen will mean more leverage.

Thanks
count me in, i alrealdy payed for the pitbull x3 charger and also complain to paypal. thanks
Old 07-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Ron..You need to take care of this.. And if your reading this give me a call.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Ron has contacted most if not all of the individuals who have had a claim in these problems. Let's hope he follows through with his promise to make things right after all this time.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If Ron has gotten ahold of you guys and said he will make it right,He will take care of this..
Old 07-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Ron Anderson Tech sale gone sour

I am also in a Ron Anderson deal that has gone sour for a RC12L4 for $140.00.I have allready had my PayPal claim decided in my favor,but Anderson has a $0.00 balance( what a shock!).If Anderson does not do the right thing and ship my purchase,I will file a charge back with my credit card company.He emailed me on 7/12 and said he would make things right, but has not responded to my latest emails asking for track number on shipment.If anyone has any further info on Mr. Anderson and how to contact him,i would appreciate the help.Here is a hot tip for all forum users-be aware that dishonest sellers are lurking here.deal at your own risk!
Old 07-15-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Has anybody had communication with Ron since his email? I've emailed him everyday, no response. Has anyone had any luck either with email, receiving your item or receiving your money back?

Ron, you have to know that there are several of us very upset, why would it take you DAYS to respond to email or send the money via PayPal back? We know where you work and we have a phone number. Start letting us know what is going on! I for one don't want to take the next step, but your forcing our hands.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default NO response from the Rocket

I have heard nothing from Anderson since his email stating he was going to make things right with with all of his buyers.I told him to send my car and give a tracking number-no response.Emailed him again ,stating the same- no response.I called him and left a message to return the call-no response.Unless Ron lapsed into a coma and is on life support,there is no evidence that he will make good on any of these sales.You can draw your own conclusions about Anderson's integrity.If we do not receive our items or have our money returned by Saturday,we should take other actions to recover our losses.All involved parties should post in this thread,their ideas on how to recover our money or merchandise.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

I agree JimBo.

Like I said in an email to him, "it isn't too much to ask that you respond".

I have $80 into this (not alot, but ITS MY MONEY). Since we have a name, phone number, and where he works, I think we determine how much he's ripped us off for, and we go to the Omaha PD.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TTT
Old 07-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i am still waiting for your chargerrrr!!!!!
Old 07-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Engtat --

Unless he has two, I'd say we are really screwed. We both bought a Pitbull charger from him -- I think he really played us.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Angry

I got a response from PayPal the other day, and it isn't good:

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

We will make our best effort to recover the funds in question if they become available in the seller's account in the future. Please be assured that we will also take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.

This case is now closed. No further action is required by you at this time.

Can't say I'm too happy about this. All they did was send him an e-mail that he never responded to, like the rest of ours. It may be time for further actions against Ron Anderson.

If I can request, would anyone who has been involved in a broken transaction with Mr. Anderson please post here; your name, the item purchased, the amount of money sent to him, how you sent him payment, and when the payment was sent.

I would like to start a record of what he has actually stolen before proceeding. I know there are a few others involved right now that have previously dealt with internet fraud and scams, and I will call on their experience in moving forward. We can take care of this together, as a group. He only got $60 from me, but collectively, I counted well over $500 from everyone combined. That's fraud, theft, and a felony.

To start:

name: Doug Carter
item: Integy Set-up Station
amount: $60
method of payment: PayPal
date of payment: June 22, 2005

Old 07-19-2005, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I actually was able to act fast enough to get the charger. However, I will post my situation.

Item: CE turbo 35 GFX
Amount: $270
Payment: Pay Pal
Payment Date:5-25-05

Pay Pal stopped his money and he shipped it on 6-7-05 saying that his girlfriend kicked him out. If I would have waited a day or two longer, I would probably be in the same situation as the rest of you.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here's mine --

I got the exact same response from PayPal.

name: Tim Shaw
item: Competition Electronics Pitbull X3 Charger
amount: $80
method of payment: PayPal
date of payment: June 25, 2005
Old 07-19-2005, 06:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

I got the shaft from this guy as well . I got an e-mail a week ago and he said he had to go out of town suddenly and would send the product or give my money back, but of coarse, nothing yet. I got the same response from paypal on my claim. Here is my info on what I bought:

Item: Novak GTX Speedo
Amount: $80
Payment: Paypal
Payment Date: 6-23-05

Thanks for posting all the info here guys let's keep on this guy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.