Wiki Posts
Search

How do you guys handle Money Orders?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yamaharacer
I always use usps moneyorder, have never had a problem. people are just to lazy to go out and get one now a days, they just like to sit on their chair and not have to move. that's why 68.8% of everyone is USA is over weight!
It's more likely you've had so many issues PP won't let you have an account anymore Making you resort to money orders.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
It's more likely you've had so many issues PP won't let you have an account anymore Making you resort to money orders.
Now that was funny!!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

I always use usps moneyorder, have never had a problem. people are just to lazy to go out and get one now a days, they just like to sit on their chair and not have to move. that's why 68.8% of everyone is USA is over weight!
Looks like criticizing Americans for being over weight just got you suspended!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1211 (100%+)

I'll take them, but I won't ship until I have CASHED it. I'm forward about that when I have someone wanting to pay via MO. I make sure they send it with delivery conf#.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default It was me.

Okay, I thought I'd shine in since I was the seller that he contacted in regards to wanting to purchase my item with a money order. A good and true money order is as good as gold, especially with a USPS money order. However, in my experience if an item was $50 or under then I would accept postal money order. Anything over that amount I would not deal with simply because there's way too many red flags. I felt that to better protect the seller and the buyer, Paypal was the only form of payment I would accept because it has protection on both ends. As with all my items I sell, I guarantee everything 100% money back. If you got what I sent you and you didn't like it, I will take my item back and offer a full refund minus shipping cost and Paypal offers a hassle free refund so that you can get the money quicker to buy what it is that you needed. I would of made an exception if the user kcooper273 called me from his mobile phone or his home phone so that I have some way of tracing him but he rather called from work. To me that was another red flag.

I know many people sell things on here to make a buck or two, some sell really junkie equipment that are almost trash. To me, if I'm the seller and I refuse to refund the seller, it usually means I was out to sell my crap and I don't want to see it anymore. Now there are exceptions when the buyer used the item and then later finds that things aren't so new like they'd hope. I give my buyers 3 days to look things over to see if they like it or not...anything longer then that will null the guarantee policy.

Now lets see, there's like a few neutral feedbacks and a negative feedback I need to give but I'm really trying to refrain from it. The only reason why these selling and buying transactions failed was because someone was lying.

Last edited by SuperFastSnail; 06-28-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Well I can have members on here vouch for me for my crappy cell reception, I gave you my name, address and email address, if you felt the need to track me you could've pretty easily. But that's water under the bridge, I found what my little brother was looking for, and I now have a Paypal from this experience. If you think I personally lied about anything, I did not.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

kcooper273, I'm sorry if you thought that my writing made have sounded like that. I just feel everyone sets their own standards of conducting business. I just sold a Phantom Plano Box in another forum and I took a money order on that one...$50 plus shipping. I'm glad that you can see the benefits of using Paypal. If I needed to refund you...it would be immediate. Aside from this topic, you do have a very good communication line. Plus I was born a Packers fan, now don't make me switch over to the purple and white loser team. It could get ugly.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'll except USPS money orders. With the understanding I will not ship the item until I have received and cashed it first. I normally only pay with PP.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Now that you're suspended you should have plenty of time to walk to the post office. Your comment was rude
Old 06-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weebeesteve
Now that you're suspended you should have plenty of time to walk to the post office. Your comment was rude
It may of been rude, but the statistics are real.

I will not do money orders, just to big of a hassle.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I've been scammed with PP a couple times... but never with a USPS MO. What hassle?? I can get a letter anywhere in the country in 4 days. There is no waiting for the MO to cash... the PO cashes them instantly. I take the MO along with the package to the PO... if they didn't cash it I wouldn't ship it! That simple!

Now I would only accept a USPS MO... they are a lot cheaper then most of the other ones anyway... that right there should tell you something.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Never, never send funds you cannot get back if your transaction is not completed. I sent a postal money order and the guy didn't send me the product. No recourse. Do not send funds you cannot get back.
Because I will not send money orders, USPS or other, I will not accept them either.
Trust is a luxury I do not afford.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

for me personally, the only money order I would take would be a USPS one, and I cash it at the post office. But in general, I only do this on request from a buyer with good feedback as people tend to flake out with Money Orders.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

USPS money order. Safe as mothers milk. Cash it right there when you mail the package.