Wiki Posts
Search

dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default dilemma

hey guys. so I have been talking to a guy on here by the name of fuel from hawaii about a possible trade. the trade would be my highly modified slash 4x4 plus a dx3e and two sr300's for his xxx G 4wd buggy a xxxbk 2wd buggy spares and mamba system. i have checked him out and he seems legit but he wants to have me ship mine and when he gets it he will ship his. i understand he got burned by tyler before but im not sure if im okay with this deal. what do you guys think and is he legit?
Old 04-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Up to you actually! But from this site, i have learnt never do trades unless you meet up with the other party and do the trade. A lot of things can go wrong if shipped to each other, as firstly ur not covered. If one party sends his/her items first and the other party decides not to send theirs and keeps the items he/she just got. there is really nothing one can do about. Its risky. In my opinion i would only do a trade with a guy if he has a really really good reputation/and or i know him. Im not saying hes a scammer or anything. im just giving u examples of what can go down and what has gone down in the past with other rc guys in this forum. But if u have faith in him, and if he has no negative feedback and all and he has done deals before which have gone well, i dont see why not. But its a risk, with trades it always is!! But if the guy is legit as you say, then yea!!! but i would suggest you get to know a bit more about him before you proceed with the transaction (again not accusing him of anything, i even suggest he does some research about you) just to make sure everything is okay from both ends and that no one looses out. Its just to save ur backside and his backside from a lot of unnecessary trouble.

Just my 2 cents!!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

he probably want you to ship first seeing how you just joined here and only have 2 trader feedback.i would expect you to im not knocking you or him it just a part of being a noob on here . all trades are sketchy talk it through . i myself was in the same position and we talked through it after a week of talking i finally felt comfortable enough . you can and will make some great friends here as long as you keep you your nose clean .
Old 04-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stunter38
he probably want you to ship first seeing how you just joined here and only have 2 trader feedback.i would expect you to im not knocking you or him it just a part of being a noob on here . all trades are sketchy talk it through . i myself was in the same position and we talked through it after a week of talking i finally felt comfortable enough . you can and will make some great friends here as long as you keep you your nose clean .
I would agree with this .
Old 04-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Even though he only has 21 posts, he does have more feedback.. And the unwritten rule of rctech is the lowest feedback ships first.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i have traded items twice with reputable members from this site and did exactly as you described, i shipped first, then after they recieved the item, the shipped. Everything worked well for me, but i consider myself luck. Consider your choices carefully.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have done the same, I always end up shipping first cuz I only have 4 feedbacks...but make sure u research the guy ur trading with BEFORE u ship ur truck
Old 04-27-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

thanks for the feedback guys. Really appreciated! I just got info that a local guy might be interested so ill see what happens with that otherwise ill probably pull the trigger on this deal
Old 04-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Modified51
thanks for the feedback guys. Really appreciated! I just got info that a local guy might be interested so ill see what happens with that otherwise ill probably pull the trigger on this deal
realistically, the best way would be to sell yours (locally is obviously better), have him start a for sale thread here with pics, and then buy his stuff. that way you have paypal protection (and some rctech protection, which would really only be protecting others if he screws you). trading, you're out there on your own.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

shipping to hawaii might cost a chunk of change to depending on what shipping company you use.