Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

ttt
Old 06-22-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Like 9-11, we never forget...
Old 06-23-2005, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

man that sucks......I always said the best way to trade or buy is off some kind of website like ebay that is protected , or back up by law I've bought 3 things for my savage off ebay worked good..but.....I would NEVER buy or trade with someone in a forum I don't know face to face. It's very simple and very obvious.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hate to be the one that breaks this bit of news to you..YOU can get took on ebay as well as any forum..with the same protection,None,other than theift and internet fraud.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:46 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Yea, after years of trading on forums, Usenet, eBay, and elsewhere, I have actually been scammed more on eBay/Paypal than anywhere else. They claim to watch out for the buyers but man, you file a claim and everything changes. Good luck getting anything back!

On eBay, I pretty much only buy from extremely high-rated sellers... otherwise, who knows... too many people out to rip others off.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

i have been buying and selling for about 4 years now. i have had three bad deals on ebay. only one did ebay get my money back. is ebay safe?? the guy was in the U.K. and somehow registered a U.S. address. ebay caught this two days after i sent my money paypal. i did get my money back on this one.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:39 AM
R/C Tech Founder

eBay can be safe, you just have to be careful. I've completed probably 400 deals on there with only a few bad ones, but the bad ones really stick out.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by futureal
Yea, after years of trading on forums, Usenet, eBay, and elsewhere, I have actually been scammed more on eBay/Paypal than anywhere else. They claim to watch out for the buyers but man, you file a claim and everything changes. Good luck getting anything back!

On eBay, I pretty much only buy from extremely high-rated sellers... otherwise, who knows... too many people out to rip others off.
yep i know what you mean... i sell here and try to tell people i only do money orders.... i got burned twice on paypal, filed claims and nothing...
Old 06-24-2005, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Having done hundreds of deals on eBay and maybe a hundred deals on forums I have had only ONE bad experience ever. You have to protect yourself the best you can, the best this to do is pay by Postal Money Order, that gives you the best assurance if someone rips you off. The USPS frowns on mail fraud. Paypal is great, they dont always work on disputes so if you even have a little bit of an iffy feeling, go USPS Money Order or don't do the deal....

I have a deal in the works right now that is supposedly on its way to me but I am still nervous about it until it is in my hands and it is as described....
Old 06-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TigeRyan
Having done hundreds of deals on eBay and maybe a hundred deals on forums I have had only ONE bad experience ever. You have to protect yourself the best you can, the best this to do is pay by Postal Money Order, that gives you the best assurance if someone rips you off. The USPS frowns on mail fraud. Paypal is great, they dont always work on disputes so if you even have a little bit of an iffy feeling, go USPS Money Order or don't do the deal....

I have a deal in the works right now that is supposedly on its way to me but I am still nervous about it until it is in my hands and it is as described....
amen..!!!
Old 06-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default USPS Money Orders

How does the USPS money order protect you? I know the claims that people make about how it's mail fraud or it's this or it's that, but what I'm asking is how do you get something done if you're ripped off?

Do you go to the post office and file a claim? Are they receptive? Do you know anyone who has been made right after being ripped off after using a USPS money order? What happened to the offender?

I have never investigated the protection offered by the USPS on their money orders, but judging from the way they operate I would not feel confident that they would do anything about my little $500 money order that they made $0.89 on.

I'd like to believe that the FBI would swoop down and help me with my used rc equipment transactions, but I try to have a realistic opinion.

fr
Old 06-24-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

That pretty good FL, But I too lean toward the USPMO. I have found out the hard way that PayPal isn't "the great savior" everyone claims. Not there fault, I didn't read all the fine print. I guess if some one wants to rip you off they will do it no matter how you pay.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

check out the feedback on demonspawn. i paid for the laptop with a postal money order. no help from the post office. the michigan police did arrest the guy. and he is still in jail. pending further investigation.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Paying using PayPal with a credit card protects you only in that the credit card company can protect you.

I bought something on rctech -- used $25 "cash" from PayPal balance, and $150 with my credit card. Deal went bad, called up the credit card company, and they refunded my $150 to my card -- I'm out the cash.

I'll only do PayPal credit card for big purchases now -- even if I have the cash. Only protection that I know of, because PayPal doesn't/didn't help. This person was a 500+ verified seller with PayPal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.