Wiki Posts
Search

Sellers: BEWARE of "M3ROC"

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimNJ
I read what you said, I simply don't believe what you say. My mailman delivers here at 10am, who is to say yours doesn't as well. You could have had all day to mess them up.

Yes, I know what a voltmeter is, kid. I've been turning wrenches since before you were born. Your voltmeter looks to be about as old as I am.

Arrogance and stupidity is a bad combination to go through life with. You'll realize that when you mature a little bit.
I'm telling ya, you're going down the wrong path here Tim...
Old 04-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

I read what you said, I simply don't believe what you say. My mailman delivers here at 10am, who is to say yours doesn't as well. You could have had all day to mess them up.

Yes, I know what a voltmeter is, kid. I've been turning wrenches since before you were born. Your voltmeter looks to be about as old as I am.

Arrogance and stupidity is a bad combination to go through life with. You'll realize that when you mature a little bit.
Did you get tracking / confirmation...there should be a time stamp that states when it was delivered.

Volt meters aren't all the same. I have had packs peak out on my charger at 8.4, my separate meter reads 8.4 and i take them to tech and theirs says 8.5...now i have to discharge my perfectly legal battery so that it meets a crappy meters standard. That is another thing to remember.

For anyone wanting to sell lipo's here, you should do like M3Roc did and take some detailed pics of them including a side view that will show if there is/is'nt any puffing to save your butt later.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

My mail man does. If it makes you feel more assured, I will get a written statement from him tomorrow about what time he delivered and that I met him at the door. Better yet, he was a little late then usual because he was training a new employee. That's TWO witnesses who saw me take the box out of my mailbox. Is that enough nails in your coffin or should I keep going?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagino
Tim,

Walk away and calm down for a few minutes. You have a funny way of not panic/raging out. I don't know either of you and I don't know what happened but M3Roc's responses are way more professional. Maybe he did charge it wrong. Without a detailed post/pics, you are going to lose the Paypal claim.

Sponsored drivers have been some of the most helpful people that I've come across in this hobby. I know you're upset but gather yourself and get your side out without emotion.
I simply don't see what you guys are seeing, but so be it. I'm perfectly calm. It's $55... Yes, fifty-five whole dollars. The only thing bothering me here is his arrogance and... oh yeah, the fact that he's lying.

I've spent more than enough time on this. I have much more important things to do with my time. Let the chips fall where they may. Like I've already said a handful of times, I'll sleep fine knowing that I'm not the dishonest one in this dispute.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Did you get tracking / confirmation...there should be a time stamp that states when it was delivered.

Volt meters aren't all the same. I have had packs peak out on my charger at 8.4, my separate meter reads 8.4 and i take them to tech and theirs says 8.5...now i have to discharge my perfectly legal battery so that it meets a crappy meters standard. That is another thing to remember.

For anyone wanting to sell lipo's here, you should do like M3Roc did and take some detailed pics of them including a side view that will show if there is/is'nt any puffing to save your butt later.
Myself and Tim and everyone else here could make excuses all day long about bad hardware and my "lack of knowledge with hobbies and batteries" but all were doing here is assuming and im assuming that the volt meter is telling what the volt meter knows. I have a hard time believing that the volt meter will be off by a volt or two, specially on something so sensitive like a LiPo cell.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

This is becoming a perfect example of how NOT to handle a dissatisfied customer. All evidence looks like buyer received puffed packs . He wants to return them for a refund. Maybe something happened in shipping maybe they were sent that way . Not sure . He came on here with evidence that their bad. If it was me I'd take them back and lick my wounds. Batteries 55 shipping to return 5 reputation priceless . Added to lots of ignore lists FREE.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Roc
Myself and Tim and everyone else here could make excuses all day long about bad hardware and my "lack of knowledge with hobbies and batteries" but all were doing here is assuming and im assuming that the volt meter is telling what the volt meter knows. I have a hard time believing that the volt meter will be off by a volt or two, specially on something so sensitive like a LiPo cell.
I was getting at maybe a tenth or two, definitely not a volt or two.
Originally Posted by hotrod87
This is becoming a perfect example of how NOT to handle a dissatisfied customer. All evidence looks like buyer received puffed packs . He wants to return them for a refund. Maybe something happened in shipping maybe they were sent that way . Not sure . He came on here with evidence that their bad. If it was me I'd take them back and lick my wounds. Batteries 55 shipping to return 5 reputation priceless . Added to lots of ignore lists FREE.
Exactly.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

I simply don't see what you guys are seeing, but so be it. I'm perfectly calm. It's $55... Yes, fifty-five whole dollars. The only thing bothering me here is his arrogance and... oh yeah, the fact that he's lying.

I've spent more than enough time on this. I have much more important things to do with my time. Let the chips fall where they may. Like I've already said a handful of times, I'll sleep fine knowing that I'm not the dishonest one in this dispute.
Well my friend, since you've finally rage quit what ever game you were playing, lets do as you say and lets let the chips fall back into my paypal account. $55 to be Pacific. I mean specific, all this talk about lipo suction and all the emotional hoopla has left me in an Ocean of thoughts.. Excuse my lack of cohesion is this matter of emotional outbursts..

Don't take it so personal Tim. You'll sleep ok at night and so will I. Like you said, its only $55 afterall.. Now be a gentleman and do this whole thing proper. Matter fact, Ill even leave you positive feedback just to show you that there are no hard feelings. I will make sure to mention that you were "swift to correct the problem we faced" and you and I can both go on our merry ways. Whataya say jack?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings

TimNJ--It really doesnt matter his age or how long he has/hasn't been involved with this site. I was involved with rc for a few years before joining the site and im sure there are alot more as well. I really dont see (not that my opinion matters in this case) how he could mess all of this up within 45mins (what the buyer stated) of them arriving at his door. What...he charged them at some ridiculous rate to get them to puff so that he could get his $55 back and still be without packs?? Doesnt make too such sense to me at least.

+1. I highly doubt the guy would purchase something just to take it out of the box and ruin it, just for the heck of it.

Originally Posted by hotrod87
Another +1.

And am I the only one who finds it odd that the seller claims to have charged them to "4.00v storage voltage"? I've never heard of that high of a voltage being considered safe storage voltage. Every lipo manufacturer I've ever bought from (Revtech isn't one of them, so I may learn something new tonight) claims lipos should be stored around 3.75-3.8 per cell.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by harry697
And am I the only one who finds it odd that the seller claims to have charged them to "4.00v storage voltage"? I've never heard of that high of a voltage being considered safe storage voltage. Every lipo manufacturer I've ever bought from (Revtech isn't one of them, so I may learn something new tonight) claims lipos should be stored around 3.75-3.8 per cell.
Seems like textbook scripture right? I, the newb had to point out to him that a safe storage is anywhere between 3.8 and 3.85. Everyone and their long distant mother knows that but I guess its up to individual interpretation. Again however, here is a good article about LiPo's and their storage and maintenance. When I was actually a learning newb, I read that whole site front to back. It didn't mislead me.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well my friend, since you've finally rage quit what ever game you were playing, lets do as you say and lets let the chips fall back into my paypal account. $55 to be Pacific. I mean specific, all this talk about lipo suction and all the emotional hoopla has left me in an Ocean of thoughts.. Excuse my lack of cohesion is this matter of emotional outbursts..

Don't take it so personal Tim. You'll sleep ok at night and so will I. Like you said, its only $55 afterall.. Now be a gentleman and do this whole thing proper. Matter fact, Ill even leave you positive feedback just to show you that there are no hard feelings. I will make sure to mention that you were "swift to correct the problem we faced" and you and I can both go on our merry ways. Whataya say jack?
One negative feedback and being added to ignore lists is far less important to me than not acquiescing to the demands of a dishonest person. The only "game" I'm playing is "Stick to your guns when you know you're right".

If I'm going to take a $55 loss due to your dishonesty, then so be it, but I'm not going to just hand it over with a smile. Go ahead and do what you feel is necessary and I will do the same.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by harry697
+1. I highly doubt the guy would purchase something just to take it out of the box and ruin it, just for the heck of it.
Of course he wouldn't do it intentionally. I would never make such a ridiculous claim. What I'm saying is that perhaps he put them on his charger and didn't realize it was set to 2S, and by the time he realized, it was too late.

As for storing at 4V, I've had 1S packs since they came out and I've never had a problem. One set of "experts" will say "This is the way to do it" and another set of "experts" will say "No, this is the way to do it". I've had ZERO lipo issues in my 5 years of running lipos of all sizes (1S, 2S, 4S)
Old 04-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Of course he wouldn't do it intentionally. I would never make such a ridiculous claim. What I'm saying is that perhaps he put them on his charger and didn't realize it was set to 2S, and by the time he realized, it was too late.

As for storing at 4V, I've had 1S packs since they came out and I've never had a problem. One set of "experts" will say "This is the way to do it" and another set of "experts" will say "No, this is the way to do it". I've had ZERO lipo issues in my 5 years of running lipos of all sizes (1S, 2S, 4S)
First of all, you did say that I did it purposefully, you claimed that im a newb and don't know what im doing, that would imply that I did it on purpose with the lack of knowledge of what I was doing. You can't accidentally do something you don't know how to do.

Secondly, the floor is all your my friend, please bring in these "experts" you claim told you to store your cell's at 4.00+ volts. I'm all ears buddy. You know what old wisdom has taught me? If you go through your whole life thinking you know everything, you'll never learn anything, so teach me, please.

Look, ill even give you the benefit of the doubt, all things written on the internet are not golden truths but you claiming that im a complete idiot when it comes to LiPo's is a loooooooong stretch. As long as that between your left ear and your right.. Here's another thing I learned, and this was in middle school. Calling someone a bigger idiot and saying it louder, doesn't make you right. It also doesn't make the need to go to the bathroom go away. I hate distractions when im on my way to the Lavatories, don't you? Tim, buddy, this is your moment to shine so give us evidence or STFU!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

First of all, you did say that I did it purposefully, you claimed that im a newb and don't know what im doing, that would imply that I did it on purpose with the lack of knowledge of what I was doing. You can't accidentally do something you don't know how to do.

Secondly, the floor is all your my friend, please bring in these "experts" you claim told you to store your cell's at 4.00+ volts. I'm all ears buddy. You know what old wisdom has taught me? If you go through your whole life thinking you know everything, you'll never learn anything, so teach me, please.

Look, ill even give you the benefit of the doubt, all things written on the internet are not golden truths but you claiming that im a complete idiot when it comes to LiPo's is a loooooooong stretch. As long as that between your left ear and your right.. Here's another thing I learned, and this was in middle school. Calling someone a bigger idiot and saying it louder, doesn't make you right. It also doesn't make the need to go to the bathroom go away. I hate distractions when im on my way to the Lavatories, don't you? Tim, buddy, this is your moment to shine so give us evidence or STFU!
Nice mouth, kid ("STFU") Are you sure you're 25. You read more like an 18 year old.

Yes, I said you're a newbie (I never said you were an idiot) and perhaps you don't know what you're doing. That is the definition of "not on purpose". A lack of knowledge causing a problem is called a "mistake", ie "not on purpose". So what you just posted is exactly backwards.

And yes, age does have something to do with it. I have a 22 year old son, and I see how a good majority of his generation, him included, do not like to take responsibility for their mistakes. (they also think they know everything, when, in fact, they know very little).

At this point, I don't know why I'm even bothering to refute what you say anymore. It's obvious you know everything there is to know about RC in your 4 months worth of experience.

As for my time to shine, I know that I'm in the right and that's good enough for me.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Judging by Tim's feedback, he doesn't sell crap. The only thing I can think of is they got hot somewhere along the trip, but if it went from NJ to Ohio, I know it's not very hot there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.