Community
Wiki Posts
Search

>>** A WARNING FOR ALL ** <<

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

At this point ive thought long and hard about all of this and ive come to this conclusion:

Even though this is hard to swallow, loosing a laptop, I will survive. It sucks, no doubt about it but I have so many more things to focus on that I don't have time of day to do this anymore.

I've talked to a good friend of mine whose a private investigator and he gave me a nice run down on this character that were dealing with. The story is long and I don't need to get into it. Monday I start a new job that will require 110% of my concentration. A new week begins and a new day as well. I'm really not mad at anyone and I truly appreciate everyone's help. The mods specially. I know its hard to weed out the imbeciles but you guys do a great job. As for everyone else in this forum, I was truly surprised to see how this many guys with one hobby in mind can come together to help, Thank You! If anyone else here got ripped off by him, I'm sorry and if you continue to pursue him, all the best of blessing to you. Ill try to help in any way I can.

Here is an open letter that I wrote him to his email. It clarifies my feeling and that I have no regrets. Some lessons learned are expensive and some come at another's expense. I wont miss the laptop, it was my main reason for wanting to trade it but at the same time, I won't forget the lesson learned here.

"TO: [email protected]
Subject: Laptop vs Character

To be completely open with you and honest, im not even mad. I'm a little disappointed but tomorrow is a new day. I should have seen the signs and realized that this was a bad idea but against my better judgement, I decided to give it another try. Are you the first to scam me? No and most likely not the last either. Like they say, fool me once shame on me but you'll never fool me twice. I will give you credit though. All that talk about how you're a father and how scamming me for a laptop is at the bottom of your to do list, I sorta fell for it. I'm just curious, is your entire life based on that principle? Are you fooling everyone including yourself? Its too bad that your daughters have to grow up with a two faced man. No.. Man is too strong of a word. A man would stick to his word. You're more like a joker. Why the long face? I'm not really sure where I was aiming with this email, its most likely a wild shot by far. In my final thought, the laptop was only a minor loss. Its just plastic and metal tied together and ill get over it and tomorrow ill forget about it. On the other hand, your character, well that sticks with you for the rest of your life. Believe it or not, it will get passed down to your kids because it runs in your blood. The same blood that runs in their veins. Still I would never wish any harm on you or your family. There is no reason they should be drawn into that vicious circle because of your idiocy. Lastly, I'm not sure what you believe in. Weather its God, karma or just destiny but one of those will bite you in your bony ass one day, Its a fact amigo. I don't expect or hope for you to respond to this email. I just wanted to share my thoughts. Matter fact, you're so much of a sand pillar that I don't even expect you to have any logical response anyways. Regardless, God Bless you and your family and I hope some day you'll see the ink on your hands and how it darkens everything you touch."
Old 02-09-2013, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Roc
At this point ive thought long and hard about all of this and ive come to this conclusion:

Even though this is hard to swallow, loosing a laptop, I will survive. It sucks, no doubt about it but I have so many more things to focus on that I don't have time of day to do this anymore.

I've talked to a good friend of mine whose a private investigator and he gave me a nice run down on this character that were dealing with. The story is long and I don't need to get into it. Monday I start a new job that will require 110% of my concentration. A new week begins and a new day as well. I'm really not mad at anyone and I truly appreciate everyone's help. The mods specially. I know its hard to weed out the imbeciles but you guys do a great job. As for everyone else in this forum, I was truly surprised to see how this many guys with one hobby in mind can come together to help, Thank You! If anyone else here got ripped off by him, I'm sorry and if you continue to pursue him, all the best of blessing to you. Ill try to help in any way I can.

Here is an open letter that I wrote him to his email. It clarifies my feeling and that I have no regrets. Some lessons learned are expensive and some come at another's expense. I wont miss the laptop, it was my main reason for wanting to trade it but at the same time, I won't forget the lesson learned here.

To be completely open with you and honest, im not even mad. I'm a little disappointed but tomorrow is a new day. I should have seen the signs and realized that this was a bad idea but against my better judgement, I decided to give it another try. Are you the first to scam me? No and most likely not the last either. Like they say, fool me once shame on me but you'll never fool me twice. I will give you credit though. All that talk about how you're a father and how scamming me for a laptop is at the bottom of your to do list, I sorta fell for it. I'm just curious, is your entire life based on that principle? Are you fooling everyone including yourself? Its too bad that your daughters have to grow up with a two faced man. No.. Man is too strong of a word. A man would stick to his word. You're more like a joker. Why the long face? I'm not really sure where I was aiming with this email, its most likely a wild shot by far. In my final thought, the laptop was only a minor loss. Its just plastic and metal tied together and ill get over it and tomorrow ill forget about it. On the other hand, your character, well that sticks with you for the rest of your life. Believe it or not, it will get passed down to your kids because it runs in your blood. The same blood that runs in their veins. Still I would never wish any harm on you or your family. There is no reason they should be drawn into that vicious circle because of your idiocy. Lastly, I'm not sure what you believe in. Weather its God, karma or just destiny but one of those will bite you in your bony ass one day, Its a fact amigo. I don't expect or hope for you to respond to this email. I just wanted to share my thoughts. Matter fact, you're so much of a sand pillar that I don't even expect you to have any logical response anyways. Regardless, God Bless you and your family and I hope some day you'll see the ink on your hands and how it darkens everything you touch."
Good for you. You're definitely rising above the situation.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I like your outlook on life, sometimes it's harder to hate then it is to forgive a lesson I have just recently learned.
I doubt it will work out for you but I hope it does.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I am really sorry that you got snaked by one jerk, most of us on here are good people. but you know what they say " one bad apple can ruin the bunch" It does leave a sour taste in your mouth though, I been there in the past too.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Roc

Very nicely put.

You Sir are the better man.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
Very nicely put.

You Sir are the better man.
+1
Old 05-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

He is back here. He is using the username TripSixxRC so beware!

Last edited by M3Roc; 05-22-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Old 05-22-2013, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

oh no you didn't....that's MY smiley, find your own..
Old 05-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812

That made my day!

To the OP, hope things work out for the better. Keep that outlook on life brother.
I used to be a big ball of hate and anger. Luckily on Christmas night in 2006 on a small dirt ball of a FOB called Rustamya something bad happened...but it happened for the better. I wont go into detail, accept to say that was my 2nd Purple heart. My outlook changed, life's too short to hold grudges, (my handfull of meds help as well lol) I never wish I'll on others, and it it happens it happens. All I can do is look out for my family and my friends. I'm far from religious, but I do believe what goes around comes around given time.

Kudos for remaining calm and maintaining a good attitude.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

In all honesty, I could have done a lot more. Not for the sake of the laptop or because my revenge side wants to jump out of me but because I had to explain to my wife that our laptop was stolen and the way she felt just ate at me. Its a deep feeling of violation, as though someone broke into your home, a breach of your safety zone in sorts. I do believe that what you do onto other will be done onto you likewise so I don't stress out but I make it a point to keep an eye out.

I tried to warn the Traxxas bean counters but they literally deleted my warnings and when I wrote to the mods, the best response I got was "ill pass it along" and "call your PD".. There are so many great reasons why I don't frequent the Traxxas site or buy their products but this type of brush aside attitude from those who are charged with keeping order is unacceptable. That and the massive dump loads of bad information on their forums. Let's just say ill never spend money on another one of Traxxas' products again.

Regarding my outlook currently, it couldn't be better. I've got bones to pick but ive leaned to pick and choose which battles I want to fight. One word of advice though, just because you're behind a monitor and keyboard, don't forget to consider what people do for a living. Some of us are very good at it.

Lastly, I wanted to thank the Mod's here for being so vigilant and quick to respond. Slo_E4 and racer1812 are great at what they do and are very fast to respond appropriately.
Im not certain but im pretty sure this is what they do all day

Last edited by M3Roc; 05-22-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Ok

Old 05-22-2013, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Good one Slo.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

I wondered is TrippSix was him. He has gotten a few good folks on the Traxxas forums also.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I did a trade with him my MERV for his iPhone 4 and everthing went nice. So idk what happened to him

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.