Wiki Posts
Search

** SteveM over Charger South Deal **

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default ** SteveM over Charger South Deal **

Racer's right. I'm not trying to make x2 on the same item. It's as simple as the shipping is 100% greater than what I initially agreed I would pay. I asked if he would be willing to pay 50% of it, or would he like a refund? He said refund. That was 19 hours ago people... and in the mean time an attempt to completely humiliate me on the for-sale forum, a PP dispute has been filed, and all kinds of conversation surrounding this? Come on......

Racer is also right that I'm not a bad guy. I was relisting the item because the money is between PP and my bank. If I sold it, then I'd have the money instantly for refund versus SteveM waiting 2-3 business days. All I was trying to do was get him his money faster.

30% of my sale price spent in shipping when I said I didn't want to go over $10 bucks. Constant communication with the buyer and options presented at his choice. I get slammed on RCT. I get a PP dispute against me... and all within 19 hours of stating I'd refund him with an apology.

You have got to be kidding me. SteveM is free to leave whatever feedback he feels is warranted, however, I believe I too have the right to leave feedback as I feel is warranted considering his response to a 48 hour turn around on his refund is beyond over the top.

Last edited by Sarinexia; 12-20-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Suspended

I asked this guy if he'd like a refund or pitch over 50% shipping at exactly 1:30pm EST Yesterday (12/19/2012);

I responded acknowledging his response his request for refund yesterday 5:25pm EST Yesterday (12/19/2012) indicating I will have him the refund in 2-3 days due to money between PP and Bank.

He tears me up over re-listing it saying it's his until he gets a refund, yet, it's in dispute with PP and I've agreed to a refund.

Well, I just SOLD IT and guess who got their refund?

Jesus... give people a chance. I acknowledge I F-'d up not realizing shipping to Canada would be outrageous, but at least allow me to make it right, would ya? With the way you reacted pal in the past 24 hours I'm more than within my right to drop you any reciprocal feedback you may decide to leave. It's not a throw out of revenge, but merely, if you don't leave BS on me, I won't you.

I think we were both in the wrong here............. me with the miscalculation on shipping and you with the over the top reaction and attempting to smear my reputation. So if you want to leave negative or neutral feedback, believe I will be doing the same.

Last edited by Sarinexia; 12-20-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

My .02. First post was nice and clean made me understand what happened a little better,with level headed explaination. Second post WTH . Now it looks threatening and I'll agree with stephen81 now. Both may have been in the wrong but the man of the two would have left it at the first post . Instead of threatening about feedback.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by hotrod87
My .02. First post was nice and clean made me understand what happened a little better,with level headed explaination. Second post WTH . Now it looks threatening and I'll agree with stephen81 now. Both may have been in the wrong but the man of the two would have left it at the first post . Instead of threatening about feedback.
I'm being threatened with negative feedback... So just putting it out there.

And Steve not only bashed me on my for sale thread, he comes here and bashes me resulting in a closed thread and no chance to respond. So, it is what it is....
Old 12-20-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Steve should've announced he was from Canada in his PM and this whole fiasco wouldn't have happened. If I was sarinexia, I would be steamed.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

I'm not taking sides on this one, but I understand where the buyer is coming from.

A. It was your fault as you admitted to it that you didn't expect shipping to be so much. However as a seller if you two agreed upon a price shipped then there should be no reason for the buyer to have to pay anything further....

B. Ok so you didn't want to eat it on the shipping fee's you should of just offered a refund instead of asking the buyer to pay half. As stated in "A" it was your fault not the buyer's.

C. I don't see why you couldn't refund the money right away, unless your bank and paypal are different then mine and most others I know of it still takes 2-3 days for money to be withdrawn from your account just the same as it takes to be deposited. Which is why I don't understand the delay, but who knows yours may be different.

D. I would also be upset by you asking me to pay half the cost of shipping because of your miscalculation and expect for me to wait for a refund when you surely wasted no time to deposit it and come to find out you put it right back up for sell before a refund was issued. Yes you had your reasons but to me alot of it just doesn't add up.

IMO both parties should just drop it and move on, threatening each other with feedback obviously isn't going to solve anything even though if I were the buyer I would have def. left a neutral feedback and I don't feel like a retaliation one is deserved, that's just my opinion though take it for what it is.........
Old 12-20-2012, 08:29 PM
Suspended

I think u have a good point I didn't consider:

I sold him the charger. I saw the price tag on shipping and wanted to back out. He accepted a refund. Unfortunately I was in a spot. When I post to PP it immediately shows as a pending transaction on my account. The cash wasnt there, and now I was in a bind.

I can see that. I can get why he would be aggravated over the refund taking 2-3 days after not wanting to ship due to fees. It is a valid argument.

Dang tho.... Way to go over the top bro. Slamming in trader forum. Slamming on relisting. PP disputes filed not even 24 hours after a promise to refund. Over $75 bucks? I'd get it over an Mspec or something like $700 transaction or something..... But that slander rant wasn't worth the $75 IMO.

I got a taste of growing pains selling shit on here now. Canada... No. Outside the US.. Forget it. Not unless ur willin to deposit shipping upon pricing. I'm over bein Mr. Ship 4 free anymore LOL. Not only do people not seem to appreciate it, but when u make a mistake and seriously under estimate a shipping charge and u reach out to the buyer to give an option for 50% of shipping paid or take a refund...... And get slandered over a 2 day delay (which I refunded it just inside 27 hours..) my free shipping cherry has been popped that's for sure.

Thanks for being a sport and understanding a 30% loss on the items total sale price in shipping sucks SteveO. Appreciate it
Old 12-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattnin
Steve should've announced he was from Canada in his PM and this whole fiasco wouldn't have happened. If I was sarinexia, I would be steamed.
He did say he was from Canada I forgot the extract verbiage but it was something like xx amount shipped to Ontario or wherever he is. The only way he could have been more Canadian is if he said eh after every sentence.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by bdubb83
He did say he was from Canada I forgot the extract verbiage but it was something like xx amount shipped to Ontario or wherever he is. The only way he could have been more Canadian is if he said eh after every sentence.
Look at his avitar
Old 12-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Sarinexia
I think u have a good point I didn't consider:

I sold him the charger. I saw the price tag on shipping and wanted to back out. He accepted a refund. Unfortunately I was in a spot. When I post to PP it immediately shows as a pending transaction on my account. The cash wasnt there, and now I was in a bind.

I can see that. I can get why he would be aggravated over the refund taking 2-3 days after not wanting to ship due to fees. It is a valid argument.

Dang tho.... Way to go over the top bro. Slamming in trader forum. Slamming on relisting. PP disputes filed not even 24 hours after a promise to refund. Over $75 bucks? I'd get it over an Mspec or something like $700 transaction or something..... But that slander rant wasn't worth the $75 IMO.

I got a taste of growing pains selling shit on here now. Canada... No. Outside the US.. Forget it. Not unless ur willin to deposit shipping upon pricing. I'm over bein Mr. Ship 4 free anymore LOL. Not only do people not seem to appreciate it, but when u make a mistake and seriously under estimate a shipping charge and u reach out to the buyer to give an option for 50% of shipping paid or take a refund...... And get slandered over a 2 day delay (which I refunded it just inside 27 hours..) my free shipping cherry has been popped that's for sure.

Thanks for being a sport and understanding a 30% loss on the items total sale price in shipping sucks SteveO. Appreciate it
I would agree with most everything said here except to some of us $75 is as much as $700 at times. If he leaves negative feedback you can always take it to the mods and they will make a decision they feel is right. We all make mistakes but slandering someone or threatening someone is just plain wrong.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Filing a dispute just helped guarantee he get his money back, even though I have no doubt you would have anyway.

Feeback..Mistakes were made but there was no malicious intent.

Neutral would be appropriate, for the seller. Negative should obviously be reserved for more serious situations.

Sarinexia, you should leave none.

I'm done with this issue, end of story.