Wiki Posts
Search

How to sell with zero trader rating

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default How to sell with zero trader rating

I see lots of for sale threads offering great deals, but the person had no feedback, so rightfully, the good people here at RCTECH are skeptical. We all lookout for each other here, and watch each others back. But what if someone wants to sell something legit but has no feedback?

1) hold off on that big sale if you want your asking price. It's hard to get people to bite without some feedback first.

2) we all have started with zero feedback before. So buy something, pay quick, and get that good feedback. Do this a few times. The best used RC stuff in the world are sold on these forums.

3) sell something in your inventory for cheap, and ship it out FAST. And I mean fast. Get it to USPS that same day if possible, and do priority mail or bite the bullet and get two day shipping. Your buyer will be so appreciative and give you great feedback.

Pretty soon, people will be lining up to buy your used RC gear.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattnin
I see lots of for sale threads offering great deals, but the person had no feedback, so rightfully, the good people here at RCTECH are skeptical. We all lookout for each other here, and watch each others back. But what if someone wants to sell something legit but has no feedback?

1) hold off on that big sale if you want your asking price. It's hard to get people to bite without some feedback first.

2) we all have started with zero feedback before. So buy something, pay quick, and get that good feedback. Do this a few times. The best used RC stuff in the world are sold on these forums.

3) sell something in your inventory for cheap, and ship it out FAST. And I mean fast. Get it to USPS that same day if possible, and do priority mail or bite the bullet and get two day shipping. Your buyer will be so appreciative and give you great feedback.

Very good advice. Sell small before selling big. Another tip is to have a well established trader vouch for you. I just bought something from a 0 feedback trader that was more than I am usually comfortable with but after another member with decent feedback vouched for him and after speaking with that higher feedback trader I fell good about the deal.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2canSAM
Very good advice. Sell small before selling big. Another tip is to have a well established trader vouch for you. I just bought something from a 0 feedback trader that was more than I am usually comfortable with but after another member with decent feedback vouched for him and after speaking with that higher feedback trader I fell good about the deal.
+1 all good advice.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I also bought from a newb here . I was very skeptical . Even though it was decent deal. I asked a million questions asked to see the package with my name on it . Plus i verified all his info and even his residence . I had it in three days .
Old 12-18-2012, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 444 (100%+)

I am bad about taking chances on new guys and have had to file claims with paypal but I would rather myself have to wait to get my money back that other then having a new member get burnt from a scamer and not want to ever buy anything from here.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

if i see that they have little to no feed back ill ask if they have any other feedback on a diff forum. i know that ive had people ask me the same question i have over 2 pages of poss feedback on rccrawler and like the old sayn goes when in doubt back out
Old 12-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freaksofnature
if i see that they have little to no feed back ill ask if they have any other feedback on a diff forum. i know that ive had people ask me the same question i have over 2 pages of poss feedback on rccrawler and like the old sayn goes when in doubt back out

I thought it was "when in doubt, pull out", or maybe I'm thinking of another activity..
Old 12-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marvinbeaverdip
I thought it was "when in doubt, pull out", or maybe I'm thinking of another activity..

One thing a new seller on RcTech can do (if they have it available) is maybe post up their Ebay user name, if they have lots of good FB there. Then a potential buyer on this site could send a message to them through Ebay to get verification (if they too have an account there)... just an idea.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt

One thing a new seller on RcTech can do (if they have it available) is maybe post up their Ebay user name, if they have lots of good FB there. Then a potential buyer on this site could send a message to them through Ebay to get verification (if they too have an account there)... just an idea.
This is one I have used quite a bit on new traders that have ebay feedback. I will give them my ebay username and ask them to message me their RCTech username through paypal. Works great.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

+1 nf ekt...I gave a link to my 100% ebay feedback when I had a 0 trader rating...now I have a 12 all positive rating...
Old 01-07-2013, 01:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattnin

+1. Good stuff. That's pretty much what I did. I sold small things at first to build up my rating. Bought a few things as well.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ha've sold almost 10 things on here and I still have zero feedback......go figure right yout habeas to get the buyer to leave feedback
Old 01-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Originally Posted by seabee4life
I ha've sold almost 10 things on here and I still have zero feedback......go figure right yout habeas to get the buyer to leave feedback
Then you aren't falling into the category of not being able to sell because of your trader rating lol.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Rule of thumb for me: 0 feedback or no seller feedback and it's over 100$, they ship first. The only exception is if they have a voucher with a high feedback person. If they aren't willing to ship first to someone with much higher and proven feedback, then it's a red flag to me.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Rule of thumb for me: 0 feedback or no seller feedback and it's over 100$, they ship first. The only exception is if they have a voucher with a high feedback person. If they aren't willing to ship first to someone with much higher and proven feedback, then it's a red flag to me.
you do realize the title of the thread is SELLING with zero feedback, not trading right? You really expect someone to ship you something basically for free and hope you pay them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.