Did I Overreact?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)
Default Did I Overreact?

Did I respond too strong?

Day 1 - Made offer/seller accepted/made payment
Day 2 - Seller said he couldn't ship / leaving town. Said he would ship on day 5.
Day 6 - Seller posts a refund, saying he decided not to sell

I wanted the truck for a pending race, so I was steamed, but did nothing about it. There was no contact from day 2 to day 6. If he would have posted the refund on days 2-3, I would have had the money and time to find an alternative. But I had neither, so I was SOL. Not sure if he was looking for a better price or why he backed out, but the truck popped up again on Tech a few days later...up for grabs. He didn't offer it to me. Really steamed now...

I posted a neg and of course, he retaliated with a neg.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

The deal was done he flaked on the deal. I would have been upset about waiting five extra days. And then flake on you screw him. I guess you should be grateful you got your money back.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I would have left a negative as well. Even though you did not receive the item you had paid for it and waited on it till he flaked. Seems like to me he had a little bit of sellers remorse. Then to leave you a retaliatory negative is just wrong. Makes him look very immature and childish.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

I would contact a mod and ask them to reverse your negative. Seems like another one for my ignore list.

EDIT: Never mind..looks like a mod already took care of it.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

That's lame, your negative is removed.

Normally I would say you shouldn't have left him a negative but what he did was a crappy move.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i would be mad as well. But its still "his" until he ships it. he could have been a dick and never shipped it. it could have been worse. so be greatful.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I would reserve negative for deals that were a rip off... either because you did not get your item or it was not in the condition you were told to expect it in.

If you got a refund in any case like that then it is neutral, it could be any number things but a dishonest person would not issue a refund unless they were held to a fire about it. But a noob or a flake might do just about anything.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mindcrimes
i would be mad as well. But its still "his" until he ships it. he could have been a dick and never shipped it. it could have been worse. so be greatful.
It does not belong to the seller once payment is accepted. If I sell an item and receive payment, it now belongs to the buyer. When I place an item up for sale and take pictures, it no longer sees any use until it sells or until the ad is removed. Otherwise, you are not selling an item you are asking for a loan, as in, send me the money and I will decide if I want to sell.

The seller in this case did exactly that. He was going out of town? Maybe needed some extra cash for his vacation, and once returning and getting paid from his regular job, refunded the money. Free no interest loan, courtesy of an rctech member.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml
It does not belong to the seller once payment is accepted. If I sell an item and receive payment, it now belongs to the buyer. When I place an item up for sale and take pictures, it no longer sees any use until it sells or until the ad is removed. Otherwise, you are not selling an item you are asking for a loan, as in, send me the money and I will decide if I want to sell.

The seller in this case did exactly that. He was going out of town? Maybe needed some extra cash for his vacation, and once returning and getting paid from his regular job, refunded the money. Free no interest loan, courtesy of an rctech member.
+1
Old 12-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml

I had to quote this as I am in total agreement. Yes the situation could have been worse but sold is sold and money accepted is a done deal.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 444 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
I had to quote this as I am in total agreement. Yes the situation could have been worse but sold is sold and money accepted is a done deal.
I agree!!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

I agree once money is accepted the item is no longer yours, but the buyers.

I also agree to the negative feedback, I can understand if something came up like seller noticed something was wrong with item etc etc and let buyer know about it and refund was issued. But to put it back up for sell leaves me to believe that the seller had shady reasons for the refund.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

Yes, it was me and yes I am going to respond to this.

He failed to mention that it was over the Thanksgiving holiday, so day's 2-6 I was out of town, away from Paypal, computer or email, and could not contact him. I realize it was not right to wait that long, and had I had access to a computer for those days I would have sent a refund then.

It was not offered to him because he said he was in a hurry and needed something for a race that had come and passed. Why offer something to someone if the date they needed it by has come and gone?

I understand leaving a retaliating negative was not right, but feedback means alot on this site and leaving a negative for sending an email with a valid explanation as well as a refund is not right.

There is both sides of the story. Again, only posting because feedback is so valuable around here, and up until this point I have sold ALOT of items and not had a problem that was something I could handle.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

If you sold an item on ebay, waited 6 days to ship, then refunded the buyer you'd get a negative there as well. No excuse for this type of behavior.

As for saying he should be grateful he got his money back, that is absurd. He should never of had to worry about it in the first place.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Thanks for the responses. Thanks to Super-Mod, racer1812, for the feedback adjustment. Tech is a great site because of the Mods.

CRFXXXT, glad you found this thread and responded.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.