Community
Wiki Posts
Search

potential scammer

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Do we even know who we're talking about yet? Or do we just have to wait til the mystery member rips off someone else before we know not to deal with them?

Sorry if it's already posted somewhere, but I didn't see any names and don't really feel the need to read through two pages of nonsense.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

justin campbell, and no he hasn't logged in since I sent my PM to him.

Why people don't post the user name when they start these threads I have no idea, or why they don't send them a PM with a link to them in it. It's only fair to let them tell their side of the story.

No matter the situation to form an opinion based only on one side of the story is wrong.

How many times have we seen the OP turn out to be the trouble member? Not saying this is the case here.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812

No matter the situation to form an opinion based only on one side of the story is wrong.

I'm not taking sides. Just wanted to know who the other guy not to deal with is.

Thanks for posting that since the guy who supposedly got ripped decided there was no need to leave feedback to warn the rest of us.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Initiate

I didn't post his name yet because I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt til yesterday (and I didnt yesterday cuz I didnt feel like getting online). But yes justin campbell is the bad trader. I think my next step will be calling his local pd just to see if that will get me anywhere. Thanks to all who offered productive advice!!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

If its a simple misunderstanding putting their name out gives them a chance to explain themselves. If that's not the case, and they are D bag they normally won't post...IMO
Old 09-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Initiate

I think thats the case here. I did pm him about not sending before I made the post and I left a public message on his wall.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If this is the Justin Campbell I know ,his phone was out for a week or so.I will call him today and find out whats going on.Try his phone again today as I finally just got through to him yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Mail fraud is a federal crime. Contact your local post master and get advice from them. I'd contact the local PD of the other guy and see what they have to say as well as his local post master. They can advise you on what to do next.

As far as "the RCtech system doesn't work"... What system? Their isn't one. This isn't ebay.

I personally just will not do a trade. If the person wants my item they can sell theirs for cash and pay me money. If I want something I'll sell my item first rather than trade. I've listed that I was open to trades before and the offers are usually comical.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I spoke to Justin yesterday and get a completely different
story than what is being said about him here.He is not a
scammer or a crook and there are 2 sides to every story.
Both of these guys need to talk to each other to straighten
this out.Justin only received 1 of the 3 planes he was supposed
to get,that is why the radio has not been sent.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team STL
I spoke to Justin yesterday and get a completely different
story than what is being said about him here.He is not a
scammer or a crook and there are 2 sides to every story.
Both of these guys need to talk to each other to straighten
this out.Justin only received 1 of the 3 planes he was supposed
to get,that is why the radio has not been sent.
ohh , snap
Old 09-20-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
justin campbell, and no he hasn't logged in since I sent my PM to him.

Why people don't post the user name when they start these threads I have no idea, or why they don't send them a PM with a link to them in it. It's only fair to let them tell their side of the story.

How many times have we seen the OP turn out to be the trouble member? Not saying this is the case here.
There are 3 sides to every story. The buyer's side, the seller's side, and the truth. This is why I don't envy the job the mods do for us here, as they have to use the first 2 to try and divine the third.

Oh snap indeed!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

So why isn't he on here communicating with the guy? This is a legitimate question. Not me doubting anyones story. The biggest issue I see with online transactions is poor communication. People generally suck at it. If I had an issue with someone the first thing I'd do is contact them. And if someone had an issue with me I'd be damn quick to clear it up and make it right.