Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What should I do and your opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 122 (100%+)
Default What should I do and your opinions!

HI.So I did a trade with a member on here to trade my Slash for his Sc-10.
(He is in Canada by the way)
So we agreed to trade he seemed like a nice guy and I felt good about it.
So we sent pictures of what was included and did the trade.
So he shipped out his truck and asked me when I would ship mine out I,told him when I got his(that had been what we agreed on) for some reason he thought I would ship the same day as him so I thought he got confused and shipped mine the next day to make him feel better.
So he said I included the stock wheels and tires. Rear ones are bald but wherls r good. Aka bowties mounted on the rear. And then 4 unmounted aka tires and foams. Along with the metal gear servo and the ball bearing diff. Please include whatever u promised to send and that set of proline tires.
1-I had told him I would just send him a Chassis no tires but he had already shipped it and I didn't want to go threw a hassle.
So I get his truck this week and the Akas were torn and one kinda melted By the way he told me they were new in a different PM.
And there is no body which we had both pictured and I had sent one for the Slash.
I wrote him and he finally wrote back and told me he thought we weren't sending bodies since we were just trading rollers though I thought roller in this case meant mostly no Esc/motor(he had agreed to send a servo tho other than that which I received).
So he asks me when my truck will be here and I told him I didn't know.
So he Pms me the next day and tells me this."hey i just got off the phone with canada post and the package is in canada but for some reason it isnt going to be here until the 22nd of august as well they have stated there is a 31 dollar custom fee on the package. Not sure what that is about but i know u didnt have to pay this fee so therefore i will not be paying the 31 dollars. i dont understand why there would be a customs fee on a package i paid nothing for?"
I wrote him I had no idea and would look into it.
And it looked like it was a normal thing for Canada if the value was over $20.
I asked him if he had had any other big packages come over the border and he said he had and he did not have to pay anything on them. So I realized it was because I put the value at $175.00 which was the true value in my opinion.
He told me I should have put it at $0.00 which I read was Illegal or fraud.
So I called the post office and they said that it was his problem and the fees were added up fairly and if he did not pay it it would be sent back to me.
He also started cussing and I asked respectfully to watch his language and he did not.
So I am feeling a bit frustrated now.
1-In all I think there would be a body according to pics(He said he trashed his)
2-I had said I would not send the tires but yet he had already sent the package and was expecting some.
3-I don't see how the Who ships when got confusing.
4-The tires are pretty much trash that he said were new.
Through out almost the whole trade it has seemed almost wish washy.
He did say he would send something else to make me happy but after he realized about the fee I don't think that will be happening and his whole attitude changed too.
If the post office sends the my truck back what should I do?Keep his send it back?
Right now the post office is holding it I am not sure why if he would not pay or if he wasn't available.
His tracking.cx 473 184 819 ca
Mine.CJ162043145US
Please do not turn this into a attacking thread but I do want your opinions.
thanks!
Old 08-11-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If yours get back to u, i would just pakage his up and send it back to him.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gundevil-81
If yours get back to u, i would just pakage his up and send it back to him.
+100

OBTW, considering you saw his already and described it in your post, it's probably worth $0.00 for the return declaration.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Ya I hear you but I want the Sc-10 and have already bought $75-80 in body and parts for it?
That said I don't want to cheat this guy but I don't see why I should have to pay another $36.00 for shipping when it was his problem.
I guess we will see what happens before I decide.

Last edited by HPI-Blitz 101; 08-11-2012 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I would send his back if you get yours back and call it a lesson learned. Communication is key to any deal whether cash or trade.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

He did have good communication at the beginning.
We will see what happens.
I already got those parts now so I am probably keeping it but,will try to work something out with him to make it fair.
And really I think he is being ridiculous $31 is still worth it my Slash was very heavily modified with extras.
I will give him time to cool down some and see what happens.

Last edited by HPI-Blitz 101; 08-11-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)

thats one of the many reasons why I dont ship outside the USA. you did the proper thing with putting the correct value on the package. what his country charges is on him. custom fees are a pain in the a$$. if the other guy decides not to pay the custom fees, then eventually you should get your truck back. sucks you bought all those parts, but it would be best to send his back.
did you by the sc10 parts online or at a local hobby shop? and if it was local, did you keep the receipt? hopefully you did if thats the case. worst case if your truck comes back, is youll be out the extra shipping for sending his truck back. if it all comes to that, I would still put a proper value on the customs forms. dont screw yourself by putting a zero value. so either way, he will have to pay some form of a customs fee on his side.
anyways, my 1/2 cents worth.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

I bought everything off line.
He will still have to pay a custom fee either way and he traded his sc-10 because he couldn't get parts for it in Canada.
I really think he will cool down and swallow it and get the truck.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

What I would do:
Considering the amount of money you spent on parts for the truck he shipped, I would offer to split the customs fee in half with the guy. Seems the issue on what was/wasn't included was due to misscommunication. IMHO, both ends could have been more descriptive on what was included and the condition of parts. Not blaming either one, just seems the deal could have gone smoother.

The other option would be to send his back (better to list real value, in which case he would have to pay customs fee anyway) after you get yours back (assuming the currently pending fee goes un-paid). This of course means that you are left with parts, which could be used for a different sc-10 acquired by selling/trading your slash again.

All that extra hassle and him being left out on ~30 dollars in fees just doesn't seem a better option to me than to just persuade him to put in ~16 toward the fee, and you paypal him ~16 (there will be a minute fee for receiving funds on his end).

I'd do that, and keep to selling within the states. Also, advising him to only buy within his country would be a good suggestion. That keeps him from having to deal with custom fees. Can't expect a person (in this case you) from one country to know the fees that applies to a different country with different postal regulations.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by meno1103
What I would do:
Considering the amount of money you spent on parts for the truck he shipped, I would offer to split the customs fee in half with the guy. Seems the issue on what was/wasn't included was due to misscommunication. IMHO, both ends could have been more descriptive on what was included and the condition of parts. Not blaming either one, just seems the deal could have gone smoother.

The other option would be to send his back (better to list real value, in which case he would have to pay customs fee anyway) after you get yours back (assuming the currently pending fee goes un-paid). This of course means that you are left with parts, which could be used for a different sc-10 acquired by selling/trading your slash again.

All that extra hassle and him being left out on ~30 dollars in fees just doesn't seem a better option to me than to just persuade him to put in ~16 toward the fee, and you paypal him ~16 (there will be a minute fee for receiving funds on his end).

I'd do that, and keep to selling within the states. Also, advising him to only buy within his country would be a good suggestion. That keeps him from having to deal with custom fees. Can't expect a person (in this case you) from one country to know the fees that applies to a different country with different postal regulations.
I talked to the post-office and they said that is his problem being a Canadian he should know pretty much.
Also I hear what you guys are saying paying half would be better than paying shipping and I did give him a very clear list of what is included.
I will see what happens and if he will cooperate.
I just i am short on cash and can't afford to be paying stuff out the door simply because a guy is mad at customs.
Here is what he told me about USPS.
Ive never been charged a customs fee so i wont be paying this one. They can keep the truck the clowns
Old 08-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HPI-Blitz 101
I talked to the post-office and they said that is his problem being a Canadian he should know pretty much.
Also I hear what you guys are saying paying half would be better than paying shipping and I did give him a very clear list of what is included.
I will see what happens and if he will cooperate.
I just i am short on cash and can't afford to be paying stuff out the door simply because a guy is mad at customs.
Here is what he told me about USPS.
Ive never been charged a customs fee so i wont be paying this one. They can keep the truck the clowns
I hear ya man. You are by no means obligated to pay any of that fee. That's just what I would do if I could spare $16. Maybe I'm just too nice a person. If those are his own words (what he said about USPS) that attitude doesn't help his situation. Even if it came down to the slash being sent back to you, you technically can't be held responsible for sending the sc10 back, that would just be good measure. Hope this works out for the benefit of both parties.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you.
That was a complete quote from a pm he sent me.
Its just that I don't like the way he is going at it.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

IMO, the whole deal went to crap. I would just send his truck back and be done with all of it (once your Slash comes back or course). Then, look for another SC10 in the States to put all the parts on that you already purchased. Just sounds like a bad trade deal from all angles.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Ya I am not going to pay to ship back his Sc-10.
I have already missed races and practice nights.
I will let him know.
It would do no good IMO to send the Sc-10 back because then customs would most likely just auction the sc-10 I am sure, since he would have to pay a fee on his Sc-10 too.
I am no trying to have a attitude that's just my Opinion.

Last edited by HPI-Blitz 101; 08-11-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Just my opinion but I think you should pay to send his back. I believe you can put USED on the package and there will be no fees except shipping. After you get yours back if course.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.