To many Questions?

Old 07-08-2012, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default To many Questions?

Hello

is it to much to ask a seller if anything is bent/broken/stripped or missing? and if there are extras are they ALL going to be included? are you going to make sure it is packaged right?

I have lost a deal or two just for the fact the owners tell me "Im not messing with it"
Is this to much to ask? am I being to unreasonable?

Jesse M Franklin
Old 07-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I don't believe it is to much to ask. I see it as if you have to ask those questions that the seller did not describe the sale good enough, therefor those questions are needed. If they make it seem like you are unreasonable then there is something bent,broken, or missing and they don't want to answer for it.

It is the sellers job to make sure there describing the sale as best they can so there is no room for questions. Just my .2
Old 07-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

If the ad is not clear enough you need to ask questions.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teamgimpy72
Hello

is it to much to ask a seller if anything is bent/broken/stripped or missing? and if there are extras are they ALL going to be included? are you going to make sure it is packaged right?

I have lost a deal or two just for the fact the owners tell me "Im not messing with it"
Is this to much to ask? am I being to unreasonable?

Jesse M Franklin
I would think your not being unreasonable, but some sellers just want to sell the item and move on, and some buyers are going to nit-pick everything about the sale, it just comes down to how much your spending for the item, as your buying someones elses problem, so it could have a stripped screw, or broken arm webbing, or even a bent hinge pin, which are all cheap fixes, but if your expecting "new", then buy a new item, but these items are far and few on this site, and as for the packaging, that is where most of the shipping expense comes from, so the most of them will go CHEAP, not all, so their again, it only takes a message about that item, and most of the sellers should be able to make a decent decision about how they ship
just my 2 cents worth
Old 07-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default YES!!

Originally Posted by hotrod87
If the ad is not clear enough you need to ask questions.
Ok thank you for the support on this issue, Im no tire kicker (155 good trader/seller/buyer) Between RCU,Ebay,RCtech,

and when I get questions about my ad's i always MAKE THE TIME to answer question's to clear any doubt's up about my potential sale...

yes i have wasted countless email's on people who were "tire kicking"

It take only minute's to email a guy answering his questions to make him feel better about sending a complete stranger money...

Last edited by Teamgimpy72; 07-08-2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: forgot somthing
Old 07-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default Used VS New

Nit Picking??
I realize that the stuff is used. There is a diffrence between used and abused. Im not talking about buying somthing that cost 549.00 new as a kit and buying it for 100.00 and then asking alot of questions.

Im talking about paying 240.00 for a used roller with nothing else with it.

SO if im anal and ask if there is anything bent/broken/stripped/non usable

The owner must not wanna sell it that bad ? or is hiding somthing

He booted me to the curb anyhow telling me he isnt going to sell it to me anyway.. I got kind of offended about it and wanted to hear other people's views on it......

Best part about it? I still have my money and he still has his buggy...

Im sure I will run across another one with a owner that will answer my questions and make some money off of me... Also on the shipping, it only take alittle extra tape to ensure the hole's in the box are taped up (holes not made in transit) the holes where they folded the box together... and just tossed in all the extra screws/wheel nuts floating around the box falling out of the holes.. and when you pay extra for shipping that is a ISSUE Jesse M Franklin
Old 07-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Simply put, if you have a question or conern, then you need to ask it. If a seller has an issue with that, or issue with answering multiple questions then your most likely dealing with the wrong seller and should move on.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)

Theres nothing wrong with asking questions. I try my best to answer all questions a potential buyer may have. Some times you get a question that is kind of obvious, but I still answer it. Like with a current ad of mine, the kit is still sealed from the factory, never opened. I was asked if the kit is complete, all parts included. The obvious answer would be yes. Even with the obvious, a positive response to the person asking was given.

IMO, if a seller feels that he dont need to answer questions about their item for sale, no matter how obvious the answer may be, then I just move on. While we are on this kind of subject, the whole feeling of "making an offer" and the seller getting offended is ridiculous to me. I hate it as a seller to see other sellers get so offended or pissed if the offer is "not enough". Dont sell if your going to get your panties into a wad over an offer. Everyone has their own opinion of what an items is worth to them.

Anyways, if the seller dont answer my questions or gets huffy with an offer, I just pass on that seller and keep track of how they interacted with me. A quick "no thanks" or a counter offer works just fine and doesnt make you look like an ass.

Just my 1/2 cents worth.......
Old 07-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 444 (100%+)
Default +1

Originally Posted by Budweizer038
Theres nothing wrong with asking questions. I try my best to answer all questions a potential buyer may have. Some times you get a question that is kind of obvious, but I still answer it. Like with a current ad of mine, the kit is still sealed from the factory, never opened. I was asked if the kit is complete, all parts included. The obvious answer would be yes. Even with the obvious, a positive response to the person asking was given.

IMO, if a seller feels that he dont need to answer questions about their item for sale, no matter how obvious the answer may be, then I just move on. While we are on this kind of subject, the whole feeling of "making an offer" and the seller getting offended is ridiculous to me. I hate it as a seller to see other sellers get so offended or pissed if the offer is "not enough". Dont sell if your going to get your panties into a wad over an offer. Everyone has their own opinion of what an items is worth to them.

Anyways, if the seller dont answer my questions or gets huffy with an offer, I just pass on that seller and keep track of how they interacted with me. A quick "no thanks" or a counter offer works just fine and doesnt make you look like an ass.

Just my 1/2 cents worth.......
+1
Old 07-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

As a buyer, you need to ask questions to become comfortable with the item as well as the seller.

As a seller, the tone and types of questions the buyer asks also gives you insight into what they are expecting.

If it makes the buyer uncomfortable that the seller does not want to answer questions, don't buy it. If it makes the seller uncomfortable that the buyer might have higher expectations due to lots of questions, don't sell it.

I sold a 12R5 and the buyer wanted to know about the condition of the chassis. I took several extra pictures of it and sent them on so they could make the determination themselves. Completely reasonable to me. Had he asked me to pull the seals off every bearing and show closeups of the balls inside to ensure there was no grit or to measure every single tire, then it would have been a red flag to me.

Buyers get to choose who to buy from and sellers get that choice as well.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by orcadigital
As a buyer, you need to ask questions to become comfortable with the item as well as the seller.

As a seller, the tone and types of questions the buyer asks also gives you insight into what they are expecting.

If it makes the buyer uncomfortable that the seller does not want to answer questions, don't buy it. If it makes the seller uncomfortable that the buyer might have higher expectations due to lots of questions, don't sell it.

I sold a 12R5 and the buyer wanted to know about the condition of the chassis. I took several extra pictures of it and sent them on so they could make the determination themselves. Completely reasonable to me. Had he asked me to pull the seals off every bearing and show closeups of the balls inside to ensure there was no grit or to measure every single tire, then it would have been a red flag to me.

Buyers get to choose who to buy from and sellers get that choice as well.
agreed