Wiki Posts
Search

Scammed by LOSTDOG

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Scammed by LOSTDOG

I noticed the other thread on here with regard to LostDog was closed so I should second the opinion that LostDog is a scammer. Recently agreed to a trade in good faith. I sent him my end of the trade on the 16th of June which he confirmed receipt of on the 22nd. He wasnt able to send right away due to work reasons and said he shipped parcel post from Houston to Charlotte on the 21st. Since then, I have not received my package (10shipping days) and can not get a hold of him. His last activity on here was June 23rd and he has not returned my direct email messages. I am hoping that work is keeping him away from the computer and my package is going to show up buy I am losing faith and beginning to think I was scammed. I knew it was chance but when I was doing my due diligence on the trade, I noticed a post by him outlining a similar situation where he backed out. Now I know most of you say you will not trade with someone with minimal ratings, but I also have a low trade rating and have to start somewhere. Its just a shame that people have to ruin a good thing. I will probably never trade on here again (even though the other trade I made was a great experience). Anyway, done with rambling. Just want to ensure people are aware of lostdog. I am still holding out his end of the trade will show up, which I will ask this post to be removed.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

I just noticed on another thread in here that the moderator removed a negative feedback rating from LostDog. Wish that wouldnt have happened because it would have been clear to stay away from him at that point. I am not as lucky as the two other guys who were able to get there truck back or had a low value trade. Im out a truck and still in need of what I was looking for.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i wish you the best of luck dude.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

I'm sorry ya got scammed hopefully the mods will ban him now seeing there are 2 people accusing him of this + one thread that was deleted, I believe it was racer that removed the feed back from him because at the time the mistake seemed legit. Sorry you lost something to this scumbag.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Wish I would have done some more research on here in the beginning (thats my fault). I wonder if Mosher111 and LostDog have the same IP address or are from the same area. The only positive feedback was from mosher111 who hadn't posted anything to this site since 2010. Then all of a sudden he gets on the site on 6/8/12 and posts positive feedback for LostDog. Anyway, if you can not tell, I am p*ssed and out $295. Hoping to get the moderators on board to do something about this guy.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Lightbulb BOBBY A. IS A GREAT GUY TO DEAL WITH!!!

I just did a super smooth trade deal with Bobby A. this past week, we did have great communication on email,pm and on the phone ect,,But his trade was desribed just as he said and we both shipped the same day the same day the same way and sent poc's of postmarked shipping receipts' and he also called me rigt after he shipped,,
Don't be fooled by his low rating,,he is a stand up Guy all the way,,i would trade with him anytime i get the opprotunity again,,was acyually one of the smoothest and worry free trade deal's i have done and both trades were well over $500.00 items,,

so if anybody can help track down the Lostdog,,please step up,,alot of us have to try so hard to do a good trade deal or sale/buy deal and the very few Scammer's are seeming to come out on top,,please help Bobby A. out if you have any info and hopefully mod's can be of assistance to him on this Trade deal that has apparently went bad thru no faught of Bobby A.,

we all need to work together here to help each other get the scammer's off the site,,it just make's everybody feel distrust when you see these kind of thing's go down,,there are so many great RC guys/gal's here on RC tech and i know our Mod's are doing all they can and then some just to keep everything flowing the best they can,,

I have had 2 scammer's that tried to get me on here so far that i am positive of,,but i was able to get lucky enough to get my paypal back on 1 and had pic's showing I had done my part on another one,,So help each other out every chance you get and throw the scammer's out so we all know who they are!!!
Good luck and hope it all work's out for you Bobby A.,hopefully it is just a fluke,,but seem's too long now that you haven't received your end as agreed,,
Old 07-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just a note,if he shipped parcel post it could take longer than 10 days to go that distance.They don't call it snail mail for nothing.You might still get your package.Good luck though.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I've sent Lostdog a PM. His response or lack of will determine my actions.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

I do have one issue with you Bobby. Like Team STL said, it's been 10 days so if he actually did ship the item to you it may still be in transit. To post negative feedback at this point and then say "you'll have it removed" if things turn out ok isn't how the system works. You can't remove anything, a mod has to do it, most likely me. Which means unneeded work for me.

Odds are the feedback will stand and Lostdog will be gone but I hope you get my point.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

I may have jumped the gun, but considering the other posts on here, lack to receive his end of the trade, in addition to no response at all from him seems fair at this point. I did mention that I would ask for it to removed at the bottom of the original post here knowi g that I don't have that capability. I would rather be proactive to keep other potential victims from being scammed by this individual. I will apologize to you for additional work if it does indeed show up, however I am not holding my breath at this point.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Additionally, I understand that you have an impossible task of identifying scammers on this site with the amount of transactions that occur. Plus, there is the task of differentiating between scammers and just bad buyers/sellers/traders. That being said, the users comments are key when deciding when to go through with a trade or not. When they are deleted we no longer have that insight to other users experiences. Trust me, I'm kicking myself on this one and I'm not placing blame on anyone else. Just providing commentary that I hope will assist going forward.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer1812
I've sent Lostdog a PM. His response or lack of will determine my actions.
Any response?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bobby A.
Any response?
nope, I'll have to see if he's even logged in since June.

Last log in was 6/24...