Wiki Posts
Search

DerekL...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 12:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default DerekL...

I debated whether to post this or not, but I feel pretty strongly that I was strung on in a sale I had lined up with Derek. He contacted me on 1/19 about an M8 & 2 receivers I was selling, but I wasn't interested in any trades. I told him I would hold on to it for a bit until he got payment for something he sold. He then contacted me on 2/2 that he wanted the radio and had the money and he was going to send me an M/O. He claims he sent it out on 2/4, but I never received it. Here's the PM's I received:

DerekL wrote on Today 02:20 PM:
I did send the MO, and contaced te bank(wells fargo, through safeway,. where I work) It was not cashed by u, it was cashed by someone in the middle, but I am not liable, therefore I am getting my money back. I dont even really need the radio now, so go ahead and sell it now.

srry i didnt pm u ack yesterday. I had to go.

Thanks for everything

TTYL
Now what makes me doubt this is the fact that he claimed almost the exact same thing happened with another user on here at the exact same time. In the end, I am not out anything except for the time that he said he wanted it and could have sold it to someone else. But I would not try to sell to Derek again. He claims all this was just a matter of bad luck, and I would believe him if this were a lone incident, but again another user (who can identify themselves if they wish) went thru the exact same thing at the exact same time is too much of a coincidence for me.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Legend

DEREK ?????
Old 02-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

One reason I try to use Paypal. At least they can't say its been lost in the mail. either you pay or you don't.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

is this guy out of Mobile?
Old 03-01-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No, Washinton State.

I assume Wild Cherry is having similar issues?
Old 03-02-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Legend

Just know da lad.....

And

I got my eye on um......
Old 03-18-2005, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Cherry -

Maybe you can contact Derek and let him know I'd like my money back on the FT T4 I bought from him. See my posts in the "Northwest For Sale" thread. Funny that he's responded to me pretty much every day prior to me rec'vg the truck, but I haven't heard from him all day today. Need to get this resolved ASAP.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:24 AM
Tech Regular

In derek's defense I purchased a tc3, 2 gp 3300 packs, and a gt7 from him about 2 weeks ago for a very reasonable price. He came to my house with the stuff, we ran it in my culdesac before purchased. In my opinion he was easy to deal with and sold me a good setup. Like I said in an earlier post though I had the luxury of seeing and running the car in person before I bought.

As far as him not using paypal for his purchases the guy is like 16 or 17 so he can't even open a paypal account. No excusing the sounds of excuses for alledged lost MO's though.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Legend

Sorcerer, I will try to get a message to um ...

I really don`t know Dereck all that well, he does come in to Trcr once & awhile and thats how I know um...

Perhapes you could pm the Turtlemaster, he has traded with um in the past & may be able to contact Dereck for you.....

Best of luck....

Wild (geo)